It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police seek bomb-maker in California driveway blast; elderly victim in serious condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Police seek bomb-maker in California driveway blast; elderly victim in serious condition

VACAVILLE, Calif. — As residents of a quiet Vacaville street got ready for church or a day of relaxation, an explosion shook their homes Sunday morning. Seconds later, they saw the victim of the violence — a friendly elderly neighbor who shared tomatoes from his garden — spattered with blood and with one finger nearly severed by a bomb that went off when he retrieved a newspaper from the lawn near his driveway.

“I thought something in the garage had exploded,” said Gil Guerrero, a firefighter with emergency medical training who lives across the street from the victim and was at his side moments after the bomb went off.

The force of the blast nearly took off a finger on the man’s right hand and caused other injuries to his arm and side, Guerrero and other neighbors said Monday

Link

This is so very familiar and it took me awhile to make the connection, but I finally did.

This is just the way the Uni-Bomber struck..

I'm not saying we have another Uni-Bomber as this very well may have been personal, but an 80 year old man!!!

Come on!!!

Semper

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I saw this on the news and my first thought was...."awful lot of military uniforms there". Most looked like they were in desert digitals, meaning army or marine. Is there any information on if there was an official military presence or just weekend warriors that also work for civilian bomb squads? I know that I saw one person that looked like they belonged more in Iraq then California, with Kevlar helmet and body armor on.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FleetAdmiral

The helmet and flak jacket would be the Bomb Squad I'm sure..

Most Tac Units now wear military gear... At least here they do...

Semper

new topics

join