It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can you ignore this??????? The real issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone's read this article Yahoo just posted on the current nuclear crisis, but it is a must read..

How can we overlook this???

Plutonium leaking from the Nuclear plant???

Inhale it once and cancer causing mutations are with you forever....

Radiation hitting all over the world......

Plutonium hitting all over the world if they can't contain it ( like the rest ) ??????

People need to wake up..... asap

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I understand your frustration, but really what can we do. The stuff is out there we cant put it back in. We can live in fear or we can live each day to fullest.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Who says we don't care? Seriously. Not one person can stop what has already leaked and will leak by the time its all over. What exactly do you propose we do? Go outside with all our vacuums and suck it all up? I understand your anger and emotion..I am very worried myself but unforunately we can't do anything until we get rid of the traitors in office..We can do that..but the radiation is already a done deal.Sadly.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Censored !! The last three nights on the 6 oclock evening news NOTHING ! Yes not a thing !! That kinda worries me because those poor folk in Japan really need help. I feel they are not getting the attention or the assistance they should be from the entire world. This is one of the largest events in history tsunami and nuke situation combined. Terrible terrible terrible is my view... And yes it will affect all of us eventually some way or another.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
My proposal is that everybody try and help in any way they can, at the very least, pray for these people.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I just watched a news casting of the Plutonium. It's kind of scary.. what is the probability that it will make it's way to the US?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ComplexSimplicity

I just watched a news casting of the Plutonium. It's kind of scary.. what is the probability that it will make it's way to the US?

What makes you think it isn't already here and you just haven't been told about it yet?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Actually, you need to shut up. ASAP.

I'm going to get myself banned because I cannot contain the rage building inside me by the shear idiocy of these topics.

Please enlighten me, Mr. Radiation Expert how plutonium and harmful radiation will effect anywhere but Japan and possibly an area of the ocean surrounding the island?

The real issue is you think you know what you're talking about when the reality is you're pulling a world apocalypse scenario out of your ass.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Not much we can do now, it's all in the hands of TPTB, too many people are still asleep and can't see what is down the turnpike.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

Mr. Radiation Expert how plutonium and harmful radiation will effect anywhere but Japan and possibly an area of the ocean surrounding the island

can you please show me how it will only effect Japan?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

Actually, you need to shut up. ASAP.

I'm going to get myself banned because I cannot contain the rage building inside me by the shear idiocy of these topics.

Please enlighten me, Mr. Radiation Expert how plutonium and harmful radiation will effect anywhere but Japan and possibly an area of the ocean surrounding the island?

The real issue is you think you know what you're talking about when the reality is you're pulling a world apocalypse scenario out of your ass.

because of two little things,
Number one, the Gulf Stream
Number two, the Jet Stream

If you don't know what they are try google.
You may be scared and in denial but like it or not, this is the worlds problem not just Japan and its close neighbours
There isn't going to be enough sand to go round soon for all of you that are trying to bury your heads in it

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The plutonium is very heavy and will likely only affect Japan as long as it stays near the ground, however, some of it will leach into the ocean (likely already has) and there it will become part of the food chain and some will be caught in the ocean currents and travel. Once in the food chain, it can effect anyone who eats seafood from the Pacific Ocean.

Saying plutonium pollution will "just" affect Japan, as if that is somehow ok, though, is not really sound reasoning. Because Japan being destroyed is not a good thing at all, and will have lasting and permanent repercussions for all of us, not to mention for THEM.

Also a possibility remains that the MOX will escape the bottom of its containment structure, and if there is a steam explosion, some of that plutonium, possibly large quantities, COULD get into the jet stream. And in that case all bets are off.

This is not an infinitesimal possibility. It is a very real possibility.

edit on 29-3-2011 by OuttaHere because: typos

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My very first duplicate post! That was weird.

OK to delete.

edit on 29-3-2011 by OuttaHere because: duplicate post

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

you make a very good point.
honestly wouldnt surprise me

new topics

top topics

join