It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'to overtake US on science' in two years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
China is poised to 'overtake' the USA in virtually all categories within that time-frame.

China and their Ally Russia plan to jointly reign as the global supreme power following the planned collapse of the USA.

In order to get there will require a very deadly attack by proxies which will ultimately draw the USA into a very ugly war in the middle east.

The planned implosion, and ascension is nearing the final phase.

In my opinion, of course.

It will probably result in a full blown nuke war...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

The Chinese are a joke and just figured out how stealth tech works. Yawn more big talk from small men. Why do people put any stock into the biggest group of non performers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by lnr42

The Chinese are a joke and just figured out how stealth tech works. Yawn more big talk from small men. Why do people put any stock into the biggest group of non performers.

Thanks for your perfect example.

I had already considered American complaceny, and in your particular case arrogance, to be another contributory factor.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What I meant by turning to religion for science is what I saw started 30 years ago, when the country came under great influence of Biblical fundamentalism and the religious need to take every word in the Bible as literal truth, for ex proclaiming as facts that the Earth was indeed created 6000 years ago and that evolution was wrong. Many of the populace (including those with the power to change what being taught) were persuaded to think along these lines, making up irrational reasons when presented with scientific facts that disputed their claims.

Also, science was deemed "junk" and laughed at when it suited corporate powers to dissuade citizens to understand the science behind what corporations produced. The pharmaceutical industry takes advantage of lack of knowledge of chemistry, the human body, and math when it foists its products onto too willing consumers.

Perhaps its the parents of today's young people who fell under the spell of the above and thus do not pass along any/erroneous scientific knowledge or love of science to their children. And I agree that families do have the greatest influence, but many times what families follow comes from outside influence. I was only 4 years old when my parents took us outside to see Sputnik pass overhead, and from then on the country came together to encourage science, with enthusiasm and dollars.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42

China 'to overtake US on science' in two years

www.bbc.co.uk

That is the conclusion of a major new study by the Royal Society, the UK's national science academy.

The country that invented the compass, gunpowder, paper and printing is set for a globally important comeback.

An analysis of published research - one of the key measures of scientific effort - reveals an "especially striking" rise by Chinese science.

The study, Knowledge, Networks and Nations, charts the challenge to the traditional dominance of the United States, Europe and Japan.

The figures are based on the papers published in recognised international journals listed by the S
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
China may be bigger economy than US within two years
China 'leapfrogs US to become biggest energy user'
Is America in decline??

So china and America DO still think we will be here in 2013
sorry had to chuck that in.

On a more serious note i dont think it matters who is the most scientific overall its what they do with that knowledge that counts. America seems to be drowning in a sea of conspiracy after conspiracy and none of them = good things to come. Lets just see what China does with all this new knowledge.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Why do people keep insisting that competition and wars are national?

They're not. They're corporate. ...Corporations are multi-national - way beyond national loyalties. And that's where the "science" and "innovation" happen - even when the cash is funnelled through national military budgets from tax-payers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
WE don't use Americans in our defense labs or to work in our defense contractors to make science stuff.

Look up Noshir Gowadia. We hired a man from India to design and build the B-2 bomber. He handed the blueprints to China. He also designed China some stealth cruise missiles while working for us in Northrup Grumman.

Who works in our defense labs? Taiwanese, Pakistani's, India folk,....not many Americans.

Our science failed a long time ago when our Government decided to bring in foreigners to do our science. Now ALL of our technology is 100% compromised.

India's been clammering Obama trying to get Indian scientists working in America....our Social Security. They've been paying into it while working here on H-Visa's but can't get it. India's been threatening of pulling their scientists out of America over it. Their Indian scientist gave our B-2 to China...the nerve.

Congress was never held accountable for giving our B-2 bomber to China....it was their idea to bring in foreigners to do our science....and look at what it got us.....worthless $2 Billion each bombers.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

The US is just a cash cow for the 'elite'. It was ripened up, the world got some good stuff from it, but now its been sent to slaughter, and as we all should know, dead cows dont produce any milk or meat. So of course other nations are going to surpass the US, the US will just be the military branch of the NWO.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
India and China will catch up with American science. its a matter of time. R&D take years to develop and is not something that change from one to day to another.

I have an impression that the America Academy is mostly filled with foreigner of rest of planet. If that is true, its not a surprise at same time. If thhe pool from Gallup is correct... 40% of americans believe in the strict creationism.

Its no surprise americans will be in a big hole in the science department in the near future.
edit on 29/3/11 by blackcube because: fixing url tag

edit on 29/3/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Our science failed a long time ago when our Government decided to bring in foreigners to do our science. Now ALL of our technology is 100% compromised.

I think you have that the wrong way around - your Government bought in foreigners to do your science because you increasingly refuse to do it yourselves, but it still needs to be done.

The American public is turning its back on science....and then whining when the inevitable happens!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Please keep in mind that China's military budget is in fact far LARGER than the US budget.

In absolute terms the US budget is larger, but in local purchasing power (what actually matters), the US budget is a drop in the bucket to the Chinese one.

This is a country that has people who are paid dollars...litterally DOLLARS per day.

That extends throughout China's manufacturing and R&D structure...it effects every single level.

Just to get steel to make tanks, China has already spent many thousands (potentially millions) less than the US.

It amazes me that this gets forgotten.

Example:

A high level technician (manufacturing, high end cnc, programming, etc) will run you upwords of $80,000 / year in the US (includes his equipment and/or tools). In China that same technician could be had for less than $10,000 / year. And that is a high end technician. As you go down the ability ladder, the difference gets even larger. Couple that with the fact that all levels are pyramid shaped (few at the top, many at bottom) and the difference in local purchasing power becomes very apparent very quickly.

I would hazard a guess that it cost China less than $200,000 to buy / manufacture a tank similar to the M1A2...what do those cost the US?

Edit to add:

Just went and checked some numbers of a competitor of mine (product manufactured out of China).
If my math is even close, he get's approximately $8 value for every $1 I do...thank god on site labour is my biggest cost. You extrapolate that to China's defense budget of $98,800,000,000 USD and you get an effective military budget of close to 790,400,000,000,000 as compared to the US budget of $663,255,000,000.

The same will hold true for India and Russia to varying levels.
edit on 29-3-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

So of course other nations are going to surpass the US, the US will just be the military branch of the NWO.

Correct. The US is now just dumbed down cannon fodder. They are trying to kill off as many "breeding age" Americans as they can. Why do you think we have "Women's Lib" so we can sent women to war???

Bet you never thought of THAT aspect of "Equal Rights"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join