It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.5 Earthquake hits Japan prompting tsunami alert; no immediate reports of damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

6.5 Earthquake hits Japan prompting tsunami alert; no immediate reports of damage

www.nydailynews.com

A magnitude-6.5 earthquake shook eastern Japan off the quake-ravaged coast on Monday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported, prompting Japan to issue a tsunami alert.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I just saw this breaking news. Another quake off the coast of Japan. A tsunami alert has been issued for Miyagi Prefecture. I hope this will not impact the current disaster area.

The alert was prompted by a quake that the U.S. Geological Survey measured at 7:23 a.m. Monday Japan time (2223 GMT Sunday) near the east coast of Honshu.

There have been no reports of any injuries yet.
I am looking for more information now.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
IRIS reporting a 6.1.

27-MAR-2011 22:23:58 38.40 142.10 6.1 17.1 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
www.iris.edu...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A tsunami at this time is not good - the water is
contaminated. Will stay on top of this thread for
updates.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
According to this report, the quake did not make much difference and was an aftershock of the original. This is just one report, but man I hope things do not continue to get worse...Blessings to the Japanese.

Authorities issued a tsunami advisory Monday morning for coastal areas of Miyagi Prefecture in northeastern Japan after a quake struck the region at 7:24 a.m. local time. Less than 90 minutes later, CNN's Kyung Lah reported that the "tsunami has already reached the shore and the tsunami was very small."
The tsunami advisory was cancelled at 9:05 a.m.
The tsunami height had been expected to climb to 0.5 meters, or 1.6 feet, tall. Video of the coastal area in the tsunami zone aired by Japanese broadcaster NHK showed slight ripples to the water, which "could be indicative of rises" in water levels, CNN meteorologist Jacqui Jeras said.

www.cnn.com...

Peace,
spec

Gin

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's already reported in here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sad times for Japan.

top topics

join