It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Buyers for Barnes & Noble at 60 Cents on Dollar .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No Private Equity Buyer for Barnes & Noble at 60 Cents on Dollar

I don't think the internet killed Barnes & Noble. I think that their policies did.

I used to get up to date technical manuals from that store. I walked in one day and instead of one aisle, it was cut to one bookcase. The section that replaced scientific was New Age.

Then one day by internet I heard a radio host warn the audience of the New International Bible. Next time in Barnes and Noble I checked.......yup it was there. My HAM radio magazine?........they stopped carrying it. Quality guitar tab books?.......gone. Children books are list price at $8.00 for a Little Golden.

I went there to get Western & Eastern Treasures metal detecting magazine for a family member. Nope!, thats gone too! What I saw in Barnes and Noble was a bunch of unbathed people sitting in aisles with thier legs crossed reading books for free as if it were a library, with Indian sitar music on the speakers, and the place smelled like petuli.

I don't think the internet killed Barnes & Noble. I think that their policies did.

join