It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a Very Stubborn Young Child...I Need Advice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

The thing she is not just dumped off...she goes when she wants to go and she ends up not wanting to stay they will call and ill pick her up...we never just dump her off unless its just for a little while while me and mommy have some stuff to do...so i ask please dont imply that i just dump my kid off...im asking for help and answers not to be made to look like a bad parent

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hi again,

I dont think anyone is trying to make you look like something you are not - as you say, you are looking for advice and help. I doubt a bad parent would even bother!

It does sound like your little girl is trying to run rings around you and mum at the moment, and of course Grandma does not help. I would definitely ban your daughter staying over at grandma's house for a while and would limit the amount of time she stays there without you/your lady for now.

Once your little girl has grown a little more, then she will begin to understand that what mummy and daddy says goes. It is quite normal and natural for your daughter to behave in this manner at the moment, she is trying to push boundaries to assert her own little bit of 'independence'. Do not worry for now, keep enforcing the rules of the household and ensure anyone else that comes into contact with your daughter does the same. Give rewards where rewards are earned and remove toys, visits to friends houses, sweets etc, when her behaviour is not acceptable. Also always explain what the reward/removal is for - she won't learn if you dont explain the why's to her.

Don't lose hope, and dont expect too much - after all she is pre-school yet! Oh and if you think this is adifficult age, just wait until she gets to puberty..........you are in for a 'fun' ride then!
:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Start her College fund NOW
Then pick a good Law College

new topics

<< 1   >>

join