It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just Keep Going, You Got Nothing To Lose"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As we journey through time, struggling to survive in the vast machine, we often forget that we aren't alone. There are alot like us who are striving to find a niche in a society that teeters on the brink of collapse. We all seem united in our common belief that everyone should be free to travel through their lives in the pursuit of their destination, but it is this journey that defines us.

Click here to visit the site.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I`m glad I took the time to sit down and watch this. I frequently take the bus downtown instead of driving there. I look around and usually there is no eye contact. There`s nobody talking to one another unless they know each other on a personal level and no body is smiling.

This guy`s right.

It feels weird the level of interaction between people nowadays. I don`t know whether it`s the media or personal gadgets and home entertainment systems but whatever is happening sucks. It`s really creating a disconnect between everybody. That in itself just leads to paranoia and fear.
edit on 27-3-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2011 by born2BWild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I think this is awesome. It shows that people aren't as stiff and disconnected as they are thought to be. You just have to remind some that a little human interaction is good for the soul; Even our tough New Yorkers. :-) Nice Vid. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great find!
I always feel kind of sad when I have to use public transportation because (where I live) you don't look at other people. It's so cold and detatched. On one hand I understand it, personally at times I just want to get to where I'm going and don't want to be bothered but I think that is because of the perception only crazy people talk to you on public transportation. That perception works the opposite way too, you don't talk to anyone because you don't want to be thought of as crazy. We miss out on so much by letting our fears dominate us and most of the time we really don't have anything to lose.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Like minds, I was going to post this today, but ya beat me to it. I always dig these little cross section peers into the collective minds of current society. It is so different in various area of our country. As the author mentions, most people in New York go thru their daily routines without hardly even acknowledging each other, much less conversing. I am from the deep south, and just the opposite is true down there. People chat with each other, even strangers sometimes.
I also thought the questions posed and responses in the vid were interesting.

1) What motivates you more, fear or love?
For me, it used to be fear, but now it is love, which embodies compassion, empathy and tolerance.

2) What does freedom mean to you?
The ability to express, choose and pursuit my interests, as long as they do not harm anyone.

3)What makes you happy?
Art, natural beauty and aesthetics of our planet AND people(s), music, friends and family, forgiveness and ATS!
Oh yea, animals for sure too!!!

4) What is the meaning of life?
I have pondered this before and for me, it is the 3 L's, a chance to live, learn and love.

Peace,
spec

ETA: That website, we are change, is very cool too!
edit on 27-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've decided to open up a thread with those questions from the video, I mentioned your thread because of course your thread gave me the inspiration. It can be found here. I just used the 4 questions asked throughout.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a truly great vid to watch.
everyone on ATS should see it.
it touches on the heart and emotion.
S&F

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Like minds, I was going to post this today, but ya beat me to it. I always dig these little cross section peers into the collective minds of current society. It is so different in various area of our country. As the author mentions, most people in New York go thru their daily routines without hardly even acknowledging each other, much less conversing. I am from the deep south, and just the opposite is true down there. People chat with each other, even strangers sometimes.
I also thought the questions posed and responses in the vid were interesting.

1) What motivates you more, fear or love?
For me, it used to be fear, but now it is love, which embodies compassion, empathy and tolerance.

2) What does freedom mean to you?
The ability to express, choose and pursuit my interests, as long as they do not harm anyone.

3)What makes you happy?
Art, natural beauty and aesthetics of our planet AND people(s), music, friends and family, forgiveness and ATS!
Oh yea, animals for sure too!!!

4) What is the meaning of life?
I have pondered this before and for me, it is the 3 L's, a chance to live, learn and love.

Peace,
spec

ETA: That website, we are change, is very cool too!
edit on 27-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

GMTA. Thanks for the well thought out response.

I would argue that fear will override love when it comes to Maslow's needs pyramind. You have to overcome fear before you can love, so saying that love is a stronger motivation means you have conquered fear.
edit on 27-3-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I couldnt watch the whole video. it just made me sad.

when your smile gets ignored and your greeting falls on deaf ears, its a black hole that pulls all of your light away...

I think people are scared, FEAR terra its been driven into us since well forever.
air raid sirens and nuke blast drills in our schools. our inhumane prison systems
communists, muslims, christians, rich poor, have and have nots.
all systems of control to keep us as a people divided.
thats not even mentioning the propaganda most everyone believe on TV. there is no information only opinion that people take as fact, to the grave.

we have been so programmed as a society this is exactly what TPTB want. for people to be afraid even to voice their own opinion. or answer a strangers questions, it is a sad time we live in for humanity and we as a people need a change.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I would argue that fear will override love when it comes to Maslow's needs pyramind. You have to overcome fear before you can love, so saying that love is a stronger motivation means you have conquered fear.

Agreed, and I am trying to think why this is and I would speculate about our history's information distribution via radio, tv and interwebz, and I would say more fear has surely been pumped out when compared to love. I would speculate even further and say that fear sells better than love. So yea, in Maslow hieracrchy, fear is most likely more motivating overall amongst the people, and anything otherwise takes practice and self-discipline, which is something fading in today's world of distraction and doom.

I would not say I have conquered fear, but I have consciously made an effort to fill my physical, mental and spiritual space with positive things, minimizing any room for harboring fear. Plus, being a little older and wiser now, I recognize the source and reaction to fear, so I am able to steer clear of it, for the most part.

Peace,
spec

edit on 27-3-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll just repeat my post, It still applies.

The person who made the video did a decent job, reaching out and talking to people about the many questions we have about life. Interesting that he had a hard time getting people to talk to him (though understandable) I don't think people are much willing to talk to strangers, especially on the subway. Lol. However, the more we talk to each other, the better off we are as a community.

edit on 27-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join