It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why am i here??? why are you here???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
why am i here?

anyone know why they are here?

= no one knows why

==========================================================================
THUS THIS IS THE BIGGEST CONSPIRACY OF ALL!

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
IDK my BFF jill?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I've often pondered that thought myself and can't come up with a conclusion. Without wanting to sound arrogant, I have certain talents as do others in the world, the only thing is I always felt held back and wondering if I truly belong in a place where the talentless get famous for being morons with no talent (Jersey Shore for example) and whether life was worth living.

At the same time however, there's a conflict because I always felt like I was destined to do something major, whether it be to get music out to help somebody when they're down or write something that people enjoy or even more beyond the possibilities. Like when I get to my lowest ebb something stops me from descending further because I haven't fulfilled my role in existence.

In conclusion, I still don't know why I'm here in this life but I'd be interested in what others think and say about themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I am here because I am not there.
Sounds good enough for a sig eh.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
all i know is that you all came out of your mama's hole. which is nasty to think about.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2011 by saabacura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I know exactly why i am here, and onr of those things is to place a post in this thread so that you might see my angle!
You are right on course.
Gratz.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm trying to get there, But I'm still here.....

Who else feels like sometimes they're here to cause chaos....

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Serizawa

I used to feel that way but now all of my kids have left the nest and those urges have left me.

Off topic, is it just me that thinks your avatar looks like a drunk Tracy Morgan?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Haha an Asian Tracy Morgan, It's actually a Chinese rapper....Photo shopped it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

i completly agree with what you are saying i feel exactly the same i just wish i could know what it is im supposed to do because i just feel held back and that i could be doing so much more. glad to know im not the only one.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
does it really matter why we are here? Simple fact is we are here....we didnt choose to be, but here we are...we do people make it a philosophical question of why are we here?

We are for whatever reason and its up to us to make it the best we can, with the understanding we can gain with the little time we have....

so, in my opinion, a more important question is what can we do with with the time we have here?

why are we here on ats or life?

edit on 27-3-2011 by gator1177 because: hmmmmm

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

I have struggled with question for some time now. I believe the reason we exist is to create and evolve. To better our selves and to help each other better their selves. Creating and evolving together, helping each other out... "co-creation."

The truth is that most people (at least in the western world) are too selfish to realize/understand this right now. Though, like many here, I do see a wake up call coming very soon.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

In my opinion I think we are here to experience a unique life from a single viewpoint.

If you take a look at the bigger picture, everyone that has existed, exists and will ever exist is never the same, never does the exact same things and has a completely different life experience from everyone else.

I think the reason humanity as a collective exists is partly to do with experiencing all that can be experienced as a species if that makes sense.

Everything is finite, be it a person, a planet, a sun or whatever it is that you want to look at, it might be around for a long time but it will eventually end. In turn that means that there is a finite amount of possibilities, which is why I have this opinion.

Whether I am right or wrong or anyone else is right or wrong does not matter, all that matters is that I or they typed it. Just like life itself if that makes sense, it is what you do or do not do that counts because it is an experience that is unique.

Just an opinion.

I took your question from more of a life angle of course

Cheers.

edit on 27-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I believe many people are here because one can express their opinions freely on this forum and listen to alternative explanations about events and what is really happening on this planet. It is the voice of what could be and it stands up against the mainstream opinions that are not usually questioned.

Of course some of the theories are extreme but at least people don't claim to know the truth 100% and just state their theories with any facts they can get to support it.

I am here because it's an interesting forum, with a lot of knowledgeable people and well supported opinions (sometimes) that spans many areas of interest.

P.S: I thought that by here the OP meant the forum

For the question of why we are here on this planet I would say that it is probably because we are experiencing existence in another form so that one day we can evolve and exist without the flesh or because we just happened to be born and our life has no meaningful purpose. Two extreme opposites but one can only believe in these things and not really know for sure.

I hope it's the first explanation

edit on 27/3/2011 by Longdead33 because: Added comments.

edit on 27/3/2011 by Longdead33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

we are all here to die, why? to prove we are good people so god lets us into heaven....... And if you belive that then you have been brainwashed lol...... people need to stop asking why are we here, the fact is you are! make the most of it live life to the full :-)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We are the end result of a lot of hanky panky.
One mother, One father
Two Grandmothers, Two Grandfathers
Four Great Grandmothers, Four Great Grandfathers
Eight Great Great Grandmothers, Eight Great Great Grandfathers
On and on.
Why are you here?
Millions of years of Luvin and Lust.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We are here to:
1. if reincarnation is true (and there are scientific cases that prove it) then we are here to experience something and take that experience back to our over-soul or wherever we came from.
2. going by the Buddhist, we are here to awaken (just like Matrix) and realize what we are. The whole world is setup in its nature to prevent us from waking up. We fight against that.
What will be gained from waking up? To move up the stages of consciousness.

The survival of the most disciplined:
- The world is setup to throw curve balls all the way through. Materialism is one of them. Believing in external saviors such as god will help me, the government or the ETs.
- The whole idea is to work through the cesspool of the deceit that has been created by the entities that are currently controlling our world and realize our magnificence.
- There is a majority of the system in this world that is setup to make us believe that we are alone and do not have control over this world. The fact is that we are all connected. We have all that is god within us. The momentary lapse in our thinking that we are separate brings differences between us.
- There is a good reason for the separateness and individuality - to further the knowledge of the universe through our new understanding.

It is a privilege to be on this planet
- going by what the contactees, channelers, Ra material indicates; we are lucky to be here. What we learn here will reverberate all through the other galaxies, universes. There are billions of other star systems and beings. They will all learn from what we learn here. It is a TV show that will be broadcast. That means we either volunteered or were forced to be here to allow our mind erase and then try to find our way through the maze back to what we are.
- No two paths are the same on this planet. The best show in the universe is to have a 'live' show where the actors don't even know that they are. To watch them find their way back to what they truly are. Of course it shouldn't be easy, so they throw in some obstacles - like reptilians to overrule them while they are in this state of forgetfulness.

How to find your true personal purpose?
- Meditate, meditate, meditate

top topics

join