It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is No Alarming Sea Level Rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We are being told we are experiencing global warming. IMO I think it is a crock and we are going through a natural cycle. I came across this little tidbit I would like to share.

nzclimatescience.net...

I know global warming is a sour point here at ATS, but can we re-look at this a little more.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I liked and appreciated the article, as much as a layman can. Man-made global warming has been suspect for a long time. Now, if I understand correctly, any kind of global warming has slowed to the point where scientists are beginning to worry about global cooling.

Your comment about global warming's reception at ATS started me thinking. I have no study to back me up, but I would suspect that most ATSers don't believe there will be anyone left on earth in a hundred years except for some aliens and NWO types that had hidden in bunkers. So why should they even bother with the question of weather changes?

For those not in the above category, I wish they would consider what is being given up to deal with what very well may not be a problem. Consider the money spent by the world on global warming satellites, studies, refitting buildings, the entire green industry.

Consider also, the loss of choice we face. The push away from large vehicles and incandescent lightbulbs being the two that jump to mind.

Science itself is losing credibility by losing sight of evidence to promote ideology. Since DDT and Alar there have been many doomsday substances that can only be protected against by making significant changes to society, changes that would not have been considered under normal circumstances.

Oh well, we can either destroy our economy and standard of living by embracing the religion of environmentalism, or by waiting until we destroy our economy by poor governmental decision making, or by trying things like "nuking" Wall Street, confiscating all the wealth, closing all the corporations, etc.

Many ATSers believe that one of the goals of the NWO is to drastically reduce the world's population. Have you forgotten that that is an environmentalist goal as well? ATSers should be equally frightened by both.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I am of the opinion that what we are facing right now are natural cycles. The earth, universe, are both alive and moving at incredible speeds. TPTB are doing more fear mongering than helping the situation and the rampant greed,deception,and lies of politicians and rich are destroying any chance of a rosy future for the human.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
We are being told we are experiencing global warming. IMO I think it is a crock and we are going through a natural cycle. I came across this little tidbit I would like to share.

nzclimatescience.net...

I know global warming is a sour point here at ATS, but can we re-look at this a little more.

a crock??
a look at the tuvalu island country
this is from an article from 2001...
www.independent.co.uk...

and this is a article about tuvalu in 2010, 2011

yeah, right...just a crock
www.moyak.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes it is a crock and I will defend that to the death. Did you ever think that perhaps the island is sinking from tectonic forces? The independent, now there is a real news source to trust

new topics

top topics

join