It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

facebook/twitter EVERYWHERE! SO ANNOYING!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How can you not be sick of the facebook and twitter -- yes i know whats coming youll tell me theres always a craze or a popular site, used to be msn groups then faceparty then myspace then bebo, but never ever in the history of the internet has a single site (facebook and twitter) been shoved in peoples faces so much that you can not avoid it even if you go out of your way to.

Everything, everywhere has facebook adds, that extremely annoying thumbs up `like` button, and just a browse on facebook pages shows how much dribble there is on it ` sophie liked coca cola` WHO CARES?! WHO CARES ABOUT SOPHIE WHO CARES ABOUT COCA COLA!

I cant stand facebook, im not even on it, never have been yet any website wether its news, food or sport, has facebook links everywhere, even asks me to use facebook to sign in! gah!!

And twitter is just as bad! every news story or blog article ANYWHERE on the net, it tells you how many people have `tweeted it` and invites you to tweet it! gah ! its so in your face, i cant stand it, i used ad block, and use a block anything facebook related scripts, but it doesnt help the pop up windows, and doesnt stop that annoying `like button` pop up on news articles from main stream media websites!

And then of course, we get onto the social problem, how people especially kids, are now considering this to be their actual real lives and spending days at a time glued to the fake world of facebook.

Another issue (and im only scraping the surface here) is facebook asks you to list everything you like, and asks you for so many details, i mean anyone can profile you and know your personality right down to the bone by examining what youve filled in on facebook with the surveys, the likes etc.

So, in short, anyone else fed up of the facebook/twitter being shoved in their faces?
edit on 25-3-2011 by littlezeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I agree with you so much that I just Tweeted a summary of this AND made your post my Facebook status!

Actually these tools are what you make of them. They can be annoying and they are used for data mining. But, funn thing about data mining... it relies upon YOU to be honest.

Kept in check, these sites serve their purpose... In Iran, Japan, and Libya for example.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I agree with you so much that I just Tweeted a summary of this AND made your post my Facebook status!

Actually these tools are what you make of them. They can be annoying and they are used for data mining. But, funn thing about data mining... it relies upon YOU to be honest.

Kept in check, these sites serve their purpose... In Iran, Japan, and Libya for example.

~Heff

yes definatly with japan and all that it was great
remember october 14th with the norad guy and the alleged ufos/balloons in NY, it would never have been the huge story had it not been for twitter, so yeh i agree with you there, but 99 per cent of the time its meaningless dribble

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by littlezeta

i dont and wont have facebook or twitter,i stopped frequenting my myspace after the chatroom died into mindless dribble and lack of responses to intelligent speech. its all a diversion from real issues like the decline of close knit families and friendships,they only communicate via that damn thing ha ha, its poisoning and its also a tool for the cia to compartmentalise intelligence on the citizens and predicts mass movements, our culture has become so syrupy and disgusting and corny i opted out a long time ago ha ha i dont even watch tv, spread the word that its all garbage and that they need to get it all off my shelves

"im just standing up for my rights as a consumer"
bill foster-

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I know how you feel..I cant stand always hearing find us on facebook or follow us on twitter..I for one could give 2 ##its about what cahrlie sheen or kim kardashian are doing in the bathroom...i always get in fight with my girlfriend because she loves facebook so much and i tell her its a joke then she brings up me being on here all the time but i tell her at least i spend my time educating myself with important matters by being on here and im not just wasting my time seeing what some retards status is..i feel that this site and sites like it should be put out there more for people to see and maybe they would stop being facebook zombies and finally wake up
edit on 25-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
in reality these are just secret experiments in meme replication the result of which will be total control of all viable communications media.
so dont worry be happy.
and add a fiend today!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
These tools could be used for great things, but right now it's mostly "omgz biebers so cute"
It could be used to transfer important information, but as it stands now, I would have no opposition to sterilizing most twitter users(hyperbole). What's scary is all the MSM is using twitter for is spreading their propaganda, not informing people.
Ugh, Facebook how I loathe thee! Yet I really can't bring myself to delete my account. I only log in like twice a year though.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
ive never ever ever had a facebook, i just dont see the need for it!

every single news story now says `follow us on facebook` argh! you cant avoid it anymore

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
you know what, (im referering to one of the people who responded on this board)
i dont even know who charlie sheen is, nor do i really care

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I was just using him as an exampl...do you reallly have a problem with what i posted?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

I was just using him as an exampl...do you reallly have a problem with what i posted?

no, lol i wasnt saying what you posted was irelevant, im just saying im so far `out of the whole media gossip thing is` i dont know whats flying, but id rather know about japan, the mayans and things like that, than charlie sheen justin beiber etc....
it wasnt an attack at you dont worry

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

ok cool..cuz like i saud i was just using him as an example and i fully agree with you as my first post stated...i was thinking to myself i s+f this thread and the op didnt like somrthing i said...i felt used for a min

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Nah, I'm not on Facebook and happily so. I've never been one to admire gossip or superfluous fads. Whenever an ad pops up for it, I just smile. After all, if they were so wonderful, why would they still try to reach people to join up? So hang in there. Be strong, firm and act correctly according to your own values.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I hear you loud and clear, friend. You do see them everywhere. It's like everyone is expected to post their personal information and photos on Facebook, and then spend hours tweeting. What a giant waste of time! I have this neighbor. She just paid $400 for a new laptop that is wireless capable so she can be on Facebook in bed, and in the car. she told me she is spending up to 7 hours a day on Facebook, playing games and updating her profile. This is just as bad as the person who spends all of their time playing internet games. Computers are a window into the Largest Library in the World. But people do not use it for that, do they?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I have a FB and I get the annoyance. I'm tired of when I visit a site it ALWAYS asks if I want to link to FB, hell no I don't want to link to FB I just want to view the site and not be bothered to link to FB everytime. lol

As for twitter, the only reason I have twitter was to get points for RATS and so I can tell Kayne West when he is being a whiney baby
it makes it so much more fun.

I go on FB to chat with friends and family and that is it. I don't add everyone who tries to add me, my page is private and unsearchable

FB being into EVERYTHING though is getting really annoying!

top topics

join