It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Census - It's happened before you know?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
China
The world's oldest surviving census data comes from China. According to The Canadian Encyclopedia, China was the first to have a recorded census over 4000 years ago.

Rome
The word 'census' originates in ancient Rome from the Latin word 'censere' (meaning ‘estimate’). The census played a crucial role in the administration of the Roman Empire, as it was used to determine taxes (see Censor (ancient Rome)). With few interruptions, it was usually carried out every five years. It provided a register of citizens and their property from which their duties and privileges could be listed. It is said to have been instituted by the Roman king Servius Tullius in the 6th century BC,at which time the number of arms-bearing citizens was counted at 80,000

England
The most famous census in medieval Europe is the Domesday Book, undertaken in 1086 by William I of England so that he could properly tax the land he had recently conquered.

Iceland
The first Icelandic census took place in 1703, following upon the first Danish census of 1700–1701. Further censuses were carried out in 1801, 1845 and 1865.

----

In my opinion the census conspiracy doesn't work, there is no need to be worried about the data you give, i have census data of my family taken in the 1800's, its what family history websites use. They have been taking a census for thousands of years, its not part of a NWO super conspiracy to weed out the smart people

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I don't mind doing them, myself.

I just wish they would stop asking what race people are. Forget that stuff. America, of all places, should be the first country to disregard that kind of data. We are, after all, supposed to be the melting pot where none of that matters, right?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You need to take the one they are giving us here in N.C. then. It last 4 months which they make 12 visits to your home, for appx. 45 mins each and ask you many questions you wouldn't even tell to your mother. I told the person the first time we meet I don't answer any question except I live alone and I am 58 yrs old. do it. She was a Vet. of the 1980 Army. She said O.K. but if I was ever questioned by any of her supervisiors please tell them she did come each time and do her job. She said she would fill in the blanks for me. So, I don't care about an census and will not be strong armed into giving pages and pages of private info. She was just next door about 2 weeks ago interviewing them.. This is their 3 month of drilling.They are totally clueless to anything the government is or has done...I feel sorry for them in a way...Wise they would wake up before its to late...I feel these long forms are to just feel out what Americans are thinking at an given moment and to know which ones that might can trust to carry out there orders and also tell all the know on there family and neighbors...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I just actually filled mine out a couple of hours ago,forgive my ignorance but whats it all about anyway?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ive been reading ATS for a long time, but just recently started posting. So , I dont have enough post to start a thread, but I think this might be ok for a forum about keeping track of people. Ive read over the last months on different sights that those ads that pop up saying they will cartoon your face for free, also collect the real photos sent in to compile a facial recognition software database either for the gov, or to be sold to and used by the gov.
Any have any details on this? Is it real? could it be real? or is it just BS? I can see it being real, and if it is, its a damn clever idea I think . But still not one I approve of.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
They have been taking a census for thousands of years

Powerful people have been controlling the world economy for a long time too, it doesn't mean it's not a part of a conspiracy.

top topics

join