It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My letter to my city officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
"Constitutionally the Federal Government does not have the authority to police food the way that it currently does. I came across proposed bills S 510 The Food Safety Modernization Act and HR 2751 the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act. Among some of the disturbing laws that these bills will bring forth are the following- the bill would criminalize seed saving, which is obviously a way to give huge companies such as Monsanto monopoly powers over the industry and common citizens. It would make producers of vegetables, fruits, etc. local farmers go through a huge paperwork overload that for an average person would have along with it the expenses of lawyers and also the cost of filing these papers would put a strain on the farmers already hurting income. Another obvious attempt of huge corporations (Monsanto) to make it difficult for even everyday citizens to grow their own foods. Growing food in your backyard with out the supervision of the FDA would be illegal. This is one of the most alarming things that Monsanto through the disguise of the government has done in well honestly just a short period of time. The reason for my email is to not to just bring attention to these outlandish laws but hopefully to get our city to act on this. Upon doing research I have found that the town of Sedgwick, Maine, recently became the first in the nation to pass a sweeping food sovereignty law. In it, citizens declared that it is their God-given right to "produce, process, sell, purchase, and consume local foods of their choosing" Recently there have been more towns to do this as well as the states of North Carolina, Georgia, Wyoming, and Utah. I appreciate your time and I hope I brought attention to this matter. Everyday America is losing its freedoms in one way or another, I hope with the help of the city officials this can be one that is not lost. Thank you for your time and I hope to get a response from you on this matter.

Sincerely

My name here"

My reason for doing this....
We as everyday citizens do have the tools and authority to demand things from our government. We the people own this once great nation and it is not only our right but our responsibility to protect it. I hope this inspires at least one person to do something politically charged. We have not lost the fight for freedom yet but what some of us have lost is the urge to fight. Stand up, Stand proud, and stand together. Peace

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Heres a YouTube I'm going to send mine....About CPS and their corruption...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Thats what we need in this country, Im sick of all the talk...Everyone says oh when the # hits the fan, well guess what then its going to be guns and death and it will be too late... people, peaceful revolutions work...They work before it gets to damn bad...Stand the f up for yourself before it gets to the point where you think violence will work..Start a damn facebook page, organize a protest, contact your reps again and again and again...cuz guess what, pullin a gun isnt going to do # except make you seem crazy and give the gov more reason to ban guns...They want violence dont give it to them..Educate, organize and protest....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
may I suggest you look up some formatting and print it out and mail it rather than email, you'll be taken far more seriously. And may I borrow this entire letter to send to my state gov't?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

If I dont get a response Im going to a town hall meeting and reading the letter while there and noting that i didnt get a response...and yes please borrow it...awesome..thanks guys!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am borrowing this and sending it to all my city officials, thanks!

top topics

join