It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have no problem explaining evil. Do you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have no problem explaining evil. Do you?

This will explain the presence of evil for you if you recognize that you are an evolving creature.

I am a religionist who does not follow or believe in Bible God but in a sense, the Bible, if read right, shows God as doing evil so it can be said from it's POV that we are truly made in God's image. perhaps the ancients recognized this and we have forgotten. Perhaps that is why their invented God has such an evil streak. You have to read the Bible with blinders on if you can read it and not see the times where God acts in a purely evil way.

As to natural disasters, they are just that. They are not evil at all. For something to be called evil or a sin, it must have evil intent and nature has no intention. It just does what it does thoughtlessly and without emotion. No evil there.

I have no problem with explaining evil in man as well. God or no God.

We are evolving creatures and animals. Animals, as they evolve have only two choices they can make while living. Cooperate or compete. Cooperation can be seen as good and competing can be seen as evil. That is how we normally see things.

We also have no choice in this. We will and have to do one or the other and we usually do some of both every day whether we realize it or not.
This was also recognized in the past although they did not see evolution the way we see it today. They were right in saying that all men are born with evil in them but the religious accentuate the evil and not the good because evil brings in more $$$ and creates a dependence on the clergy as our $$$ are supposed to buy us forgiveness and a slot in heaven.

Religions, for this cause are unconscionable. God will send their hierarchies to hell for their actions.

Oops. there is no hell. Oh well. Perhaps they will get what they deserve here on earth.

Now. Knowing how evolution works, do you still have a problem with explaining the presence of evil?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Well pondered and written out. Just hold on to your hat, for you will probably be lectured by people explaining how "God has the right to condamn, as He is the Greatest". Yeah, you know how it goes.

About the evil- thing, it is ironic that for instance a religion that was proclaimed to be about Forgivness and Love, have been used to create so much actions of pure Evil throughout the whole History since its rise.
Plus, people apparently again and again mixes up Christianity with Yehowa's teachings, which are so different that it is beyond me how anyone can miss it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The reality is that evil is necessary to understand good.

You can't have sweet without sour, or how would you know what is sweet?

This is the paradox of duality....

The truth of it is that evil exists for nothing more than to remind us of what good truly is and to keep the desire to seek it out for ourselves and others.

It is during the most wicked and evil of times that the greatest good comes from within us.

Remember that.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We are a combination of millions of years of evolution. All through this process our genes have adapted to different environmental conditions. Genetic tendencies allowing for survival under past conditions are not productive tendencies when overlaid with newer adaptive genetic tendencies. The old traits are now wrong, the new traits, right. I'm guessing here.

Wrong-----Right are easily turned into Evil------Good.

Tear this apart if you want. But if you wish to clarify or straighten me out here, I will appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I hear you. The thing I can never explain to Christians is this. They will say that God is everything, Alpha and Omega, omniscient, omnipresent, immortal, all that is. And yet thy say there is evil. So, if God is in fact everything as is claimed, is not God also evil? Another thing impossible to explain to a believer. God cannot create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it. But somehow he did create a being made only to server, but then gets a mind of his own, rebels, and takes 600 angels with him as he falls to Earth, now powerful enough to be a real threat to God. How are these things possible, if God is like Christians say he is?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't think GOD has ever acted in an evil way. I think religious heads told their people "God told us to tell you, to go out and kill everything alive in the next village." Unless God himself sat down and wrote the book I am gong to question what God said and what Man said.

What I get from the Bible is God wanted us to all love each other, and not in the Hollywood sort of way, that is not love.

Religion is what has caused all this evil, man sitting in the place of God, killing his neighbor over the way they interpret the bible.

Religion, evolution, politics, its just another way to keep us all fighting each other.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have no problem explaining that evil doesn't exist outside of a person's mind.
Just like god...

ganjoa

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Heres a biblical truth - Isaiah 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. If you agree with this, Ill tell you another.

www.rbc.org...

How can anyone believe that God is evil?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Well pondered and written out. Just hold on to your hat, for you will probably be lectured by people explaining how "God has the right to condamn, as He is the Greatest". Yeah, you know how it goes.

About the evil- thing, it is ironic that for instance a religion that was proclaimed to be about Forgivness and Love, have been used to create so much actions of pure Evil throughout the whole History since its rise.
Plus, people apparently again and again mixes up Christianity with Yehowa's teachings, which are so different that it is beyond me how anyone can miss it.

Easy. You have to look at something to recognize what it is.
Sheeple do not look. The clergy will not let them.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
The reality is that evil is necessary to understand good.

You can't have sweet without sour, or how would you know what is sweet?

This is the paradox of duality....

The truth of it is that evil exists for nothing more than to remind us of what good truly is and to keep the desire to seek it out for ourselves and others.

It is during the most wicked and evil of times that the greatest good comes from within us.

Remember that.

~Namaste

Yes but speaking of duality, the greatest evil also comes from within us.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Nothing to straighten out .

What you state is kinda obvious and well known.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I hear you. The thing I can never explain to Christians is this. They will say that God is everything, Alpha and Omega, omniscient, omnipresent, immortal, all that is. And yet thy say there is evil. So, if God is in fact everything as is claimed, is not God also evil? Another thing impossible to explain to a believer. God cannot create a stone so heavy that he cannot lift it. But somehow he did create a being made only to server, but then gets a mind of his own, rebels, and takes 600 angels with him as he falls to Earth, now powerful enough to be a real threat to God. How are these things possible, if God is like Christians say he is?

This may help explain your dilemma.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tygart
I don't think GOD has ever acted in an evil way. I think religious heads told their people "God told us to tell you, to go out and kill everything alive in the next village." Unless God himself sat down and wrote the book I am gong to question what God said and what Man said.

What I get from the Bible is God wanted us to all love each other, and not in the Hollywood sort of way, that is not love.

Religion is what has caused all this evil, man sitting in the place of God, killing his neighbor over the way they interpret the bible.

Religion, evolution, politics, its just another way to keep us all fighting each other.

So God is good and everything else is evil.

If you do not believe what religions say, what if anything do you have that tells you that there really is a God at all?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
I have no problem explaining that evil doesn't exist outside of a person's mind.
Just like god...

ganjoa

Ditto.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Heres a biblical truth - Isaiah 45:7, I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. If you agree with this, Ill tell you another.

www.rbc.org...

How can anyone believe that God is evil?

How can anyone believe that God is not a genocidal maniac who deserves death?

If God did create evil, you will note that it is for his pleasure.

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tygart

if god never acted in an evil way why did he create evil...?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Just like god...

ganjoa

does that help.... all things are created with mind....
if you can explain evil can you explain if something can be good and evil in the same act...
personaly i see them as the same energy, the same thing. They are both needed for growth. there is good in evil and evil in good. even the act of observing evil can be a good thing as it allows you to contrast the good against it and shows you what is right. it is the ying and the yang...
I would destroy universes to protect that which i loved.... does that make me evil?

as for natural disasters... the universe is a mirror.... what do you reflect....

competition and coperation... again the same thing.. nature does both.. it makes growth...

kx
edit on 29-3-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Exactly right.

Regards
DL

top topics

join