It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many sleepless nights do you have per month?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I couldn't fall asleep last night for no particular reason (well I can think of one or two..) and spent my time absorbing information on ATS. I've noticed in the last 6 months my sleepless nights are becoming more frequent. I'm curious what the frequency of sleepless nights is for other ATS members, (If you even have any) and what the cause is for you?

I'm averaging about 4 to 5 sleepless nights per month.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Zero. Lucky me eh? When I was living in halls at uni, I changed my sleeping pattern (unwillingly), so that I was awake till ~4 every morning and then knackered the next day.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It depends how many nights per month my wife nags me or has PMS

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
I couldn't fall asleep last night for no particular reason (well I can think of one or two..) and spent my time absorbing information on ATS. I've noticed in the last 6 months my sleepless nights are becoming more frequent. I'm curious what the frequency of sleepless nights is for other ATS members, (If you even have any) and what the cause is for you?

I'm averaging about 4 to 5 sleepless nights per month.

Wow... That's actually very interesting because I was telling my friend here at work just now that I couldn't sleep last night, and it has been like that for weeks now, I usually sleep during the day or only about 2-4 hours every night and it sucks. It is also for no particular reason, but if I would name one reason I guess it would be anxiety, you know? Can't shut my brain off...
edit on 25-3-2011 by kromaion because: (no reason given)

link   
To tell you the truth, when I read the title of this thread, I was thinking of answering with a simple "oh maybe once or twice a month with no reason", but when I read your post, I couldnt help but think that, yes, in the past 6 months to a year, I have had more sleepless nights where I wouldnt be able to do anything. I would end up staying up, eating, or watching a movie. i agree, that in the last 2 months, this has increased...
I had a thought that maybe, some people are more sensitive to earthly or cosmic shifts and that is why we cant sleep and our subconscious wants us awake, or something....

link   
There are many nights that I don't sleep well. I'd say 2-3 that I barely sleep, and 3-4 that I toss and turn all night,,, but most nights are OK and then I get a glorious 2-3 nights per month where I sleep like a brick! Love those nights. I'm getting a new bed though (memory foam mattress) so I'm planning on getting a LOT more sleep in the future!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sometimes 28 sometimes 30 others 31, it depends on the month.
But i just assume it is my condition and the stabbing, bone grinding pain.
I would love to be wrong though!

Please go ahead and laugh at my pain with me as...
That which does not kill us only,.. well, kills us slower.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've always been the type to sleep anywhere anytime, but recently I've been having some trouble sleeping myself. Usually I have no problem falling asleep but around 2:00 I wake up feeling completely rested and completely awake. Then I spend an hour or two tossing and turning until I finally fall back asleep just in time for the alarm to go off. Ha funny how it always works that way. But anyways to answer you question yes this seems to have been increasing over the past few months especially since the beginning of the year.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This might seem sarcastic but it really isnt meant to be...

For the past 1-2 months i have had about 40-50 sleepless nights..

Lately my entire routine has changed, it has basically flipped.

I am up all night and asleep all day.... Not purposly, but it's amazing how hard it is to get back to my old and normal routine. I dont work nightshift and never have... Needless to say it has affected my job ( obviously ) and my efforts to find a new job..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
0-1. I only have morning classes 3 days out of the week. Also I take GABA and melatonin before bed, it knocks me out.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kromaion

Wow... That's actually very interesting because I was telling my friend here at work just now that I couldn't sleep last night, and it has been like that for weeks now, I usually sleep during the day or only about 2-4 hours every night and it sucks. It is also for no particular reason, but if I would name one reason I guess it would be anxiety, you know? Can't shut my brain off...

I know how that can be, I can't put my finger on the anxiety though, it's like a generalized anxiety. Some nights I'll get a few hours of sleep, then have completely sleepless nights like last night..

Originally posted by Sarene
i agree, that in the last 2 months, this has increased...
I had a thought that maybe, some people are more sensitive to earthly or cosmic shifts and that is why we cant sleep and our subconscious wants us awake, or something....

It could be possible that something like that could be having an effect, the last couple months the difficulty falling asleep has gotten much worse, but nothing significant in my life or habits has changed to cause it.

Originally posted by g146541
Sometimes 28 sometimes 30 others 31, it depends on the month.
But i just assume it is my condition and the stabbing, bone grinding pain.
I would love to be wrong though!

Brutal.

Originally posted by Havick007
This might seem sarcastic but it really isnt meant to be...

For the past 1-2 months i have had about 40-50 sleepless nights..

Lately my entire routine has changed, it has basically flipped.

I am up all night and asleep all day.... Not purposly, but it's amazing how hard it is to get back to my old and normal routine. I dont work nightshift and never have... Needless to say it has affected my job ( obviously ) and my efforts to find a new job..

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. Makes me feel a little less lonely about being awake when I should be sleeping. I work and go to school, I don't know how I'm going to function like this.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
I've always been the type to sleep anywhere anytime, but recently I've been having some trouble sleeping myself. Usually I have no problem falling asleep but around 2:00 I wake up feeling completely rested and completely awake. Then I spend an hour or two tossing and turning until I finally fall back asleep just in time for the alarm to go off. Ha funny how it always works that way. But anyways to answer you question yes this seems to have been increasing over the past few months especially since the beginning of the year.

It's a cruel joke, on those kinds of nights it feels like the second I finally do fall asleep my alarm is already going off. If my alarm clock was a person I would have been arrested for domestic abuse many times.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

yeah even before i got into this bad routine, i started to only sleep for 4-5 hours per night, even 3 sometimes and would goto work the next day feeling horrible.

Actually have you ever tried herbal tea? I have had a few friends and also family tell me that Green tea really help them sleep and to relax them. I dont like the taste, but there is Green tea and cranberry which isnt too bad. Also green tea and lemon.

It is very relaxing, try having a cup an hour or so before trying to goto bed. It might help
- definatly no caffeine or cola!!

A couple years ago i went through a similar thing to what your desribing and i never put it together ( although obvious ) i was drinking alot of Coke, even at 8-9 at night i might have a glass or can. I always wondered why i tossed and turned for 2 hours....

edit on 25-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

You have been the first person to ever reply to one of my posts! Thank you sir! Ha I've only been hanging around ATS for a few months now and I was starting to feel invisible. BUT if you think about it I don't believe I ever made an introduction... maybe I should jump on that. Anyway thanks again for the reply S&F just for that AND I'd like to see if there is a pattern to this "lack of sleep."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Apart from the obvious(booze/caffiene etc),try not watching any screens for a couple of hours before you go to bed.
That always works for me-I think your brain can "sync" with the flicker rate of monitors/TVs which does not help when you try to sleep.

(As an extreme example-Did you ever play Mario until the early hours as a kid,and then "see" flying turtles and mushrooms when you closed your eyes?,or maybe thats just me
)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Actually have you ever tried herbal tea? I have had a few friends and also family tell me that Green tea really help them sleep and to relax them. I dont like the taste, but there is Green tea and cranberry which isnt too bad. Also green tea and lemon.

It is very relaxing, try having a cup an hour or so before trying to goto bed. It might help
- definatly no caffeine or cola!!

A couple years ago i went through a similar thing to what your desribing and i never put it together ( although obvious ) i was drinking alot of Coke, even at 8-9 at night i might have a glass or can. I always wondered why i tossed and turned for 2 hours....

I used to drink tea every night when I went to boarding school in New Zealand because everyone drank tea there and I guess I forgot about it when I got back to the U.S. I think I'll go pick some up for tonight and see if it helps.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Apart from the obvious(booze/caffiene etc),try not watching any screens for a couple of hours before you go to bed.
That always works for me-I think your brain can "sync" with the flicker rate of monitors/TVs which does not help when you try to sleep.

(As an extreme example-Did you ever play Mario until the early hours as a kid,and then "see" flying turtles and mushrooms when you closed your eyes?,or maybe thats just me
)

That could definitely be a contributing factor, I'm always on the computer for a while before I go to bed

I watched my brother play mario until late one night, and I had a seizure and fell from the top bunk of the bed, I was also swallowing pennies, nickels, and dimes (I hadn't mastered eating quarters) while watching him play.

Originally posted by nathanscottecho

You have been the first person to ever reply to one of my posts! Thank you sir! Ha I've only been hanging around ATS for a few months now and I was starting to feel invisible. BUT if you think about it I don't believe I ever made an introduction... maybe I should jump on that.

Hah, there are a lot of people posting on ATS, it's easy to get lost in a sea of posts.
edit on 3/25/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
That could definitely be a contributing factor, I'm always on the computer for a while before I go to bed

I watched my brother play mario until late one night, and I had a seizure and fell from the top bunk of the bed, I was also swallowing pennies, nickels, and dimes (I hadn't mastered eating quarters) while watching him play.

If that is the truth,I would say you should avoid screens alltogether maybe.
No offense,but that sounds like its in a different class than my visions of mushrooms and turtles.
Maybe you are kidding?

Another good one if you can't sleep is reading a really boring book,one you would never normally read...
That sends me into sleep mode quicker than horse tranquillizers(mostly).

join