It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new religion I made, Delicianism (If you agree you are a Delician, anyway just hear me out)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Introduction

Delicianism is the belief that everything in existence is based on pleasure. When you are hungry, you eat food because you have feel the displeasure of hunger and it feels more pleasurable to eat and to get rid of the pain of hunger. All things follow this flow of doing what is more pleasurable instead of what is more painful. Human morality was based off of this concept. For example, doing something which causes harm to others would be considered "bad", while doing something which helps people would be "good". Delicianism just strips religion and morality to its core. The purpose of life is to experience the pleasure of living. Whether bad times or good times are happening, the purpose is to enjoy the flow of life and to exploit the feelings of pleasure. Delicianism only focuses on the nature of life and reincarnation. It does not have any specific beliefs about gods or magic, therefore, Delicianism allows a person to customize their own beliefs system in whatever way they choose.

The Differences Between Delicianism And Hedonism

Delicianism is more specific about the fundamentals of life than Hedonism. Hedonism is a philosophy of following your bliss, while Delicianism explains the basis of existence. Delicians believe that the purpose of existence is to experience pleasure. They believe that reincarnation is real and that we reincarnation to experience more and more pleasure. In other words, life is just for fun and when life feels painful, it becomes a new adventure to get happy again.

Reincarnation

The law of thermal dynamics says that everything is energy and energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed into another form of energy. This explains that you are energy and therefore, you are eternal. At one time, you were energy which was not living, now you are, and one day you will die and not be living again. Eventually you will be energy living once more in some form and you will be living life seeking pleasure once again. This is the natural order of existence.

What do you think? I made up a name for this idea in order to see if there were others who believe what I believe and if so, awesome, welcome to the Delician club!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The truth is that any life on this planet you live is 85 % pain and 15% joy if your lucky. As John Lennon said life is what happens when you make plans or something. You cannot invent a religion and then believe all will be pleasure. It also sounds too wiccan an hedonist sorry maybe even satanic. Angels are born on earth through pain and suffering but will live forever in paradise

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yeah more religion,that's what humanity needs.NOT

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Atleast your new found religion is not based on fear, sacrifice and pain like Christianity. Float away Delician prophet, in a wave of orgasm.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I already knew that there would be people who disagree. I'm wondering is there anyone else who agrees with me on this, or am I the only one in the entire universe?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I belong to no religion, they have killed people as a matter of course since their inception.
Did i just use a big word in a sentance? woot 3 point wordscore!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
People, I'm asking for you opinions of this religion and whether you believe it not. Saying that "religion causes war" or "the world doesn't need religion" is irrelevant to what is being asked here. I'm asking about what do you think about your opinions of this specific belief system.

Anyway, I will respond to this post since it was the only one pertaining to the subject:

Originally posted by shroudnews77
The truth is that any life on this planet you live is 85 % pain and 15% joy if your lucky. As John Lennon said life is what happens when you make plans or something. You cannot invent a religion and then believe all will be pleasure. It also sounds too wiccan an hedonist sorry maybe even satanic. Angels are born on earth through pain and suffering but will live forever in paradise

Delicianism is not saying that if you believe, everything will be pleasurable. The religion is not doing any work for you at all, it's just bringing it to your attention that if you continue to suffer, then you'll continue to suffer, and if you actually try to be happy then you go more towards your happiness, which is common sense. The only real thing that is a belief in this religion is that existence itself is based on pleasure and the purpose of reincarnation is to experience more life for pleasure. Now, that is a belief, but the part about living things trying to strive for happiness is common sense.

I'm not sure what Wicca has to do with this. Delicianism is not focused on magic, and yes, I know this is hedonistic, that is what I inspired this religion from. If you are saying that it's Satanic in the sense that it is evil, then that is subjective because everyone has different morals, and in my morals, I don't believe there is anything wrong with being happy.
edit on 25-3-2011 by arpgme because: a misspelling had to be corrected

edit on 25-3-2011 by arpgme because: a misspelling had to be corrected

edit on 25-3-2011 by arpgme because: another misspelling had to be corrected

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I applaud your efforts and agree with much of your philosophy. Unfortunately, I cannot become a convert. Organization of religion tends to ruin the purity of the message due to the inevitability of human nature seeking to create power structures in order to control others. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
I applaud your efforts and agree with much of your philosophy. Unfortunately, I cannot become a convert. Organization of religion tends to ruin the purity of the message due to the inevitability of human nature seeking to create power structures in order to control others. Good luck.

Delicianism is just a belief so if you agree with it then you're a Delician since a Delician is just someone who holds these beliefs. There are no prophets, churches, baptisms, or instruction, just the idea of Delicianism itself and if you agree then you are a Delician.

edit on 25-3-2011 by arpgme because: mispelling

top topics

join