It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard times US - generation homeless kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

This is a hard one, just imagining that the illegals also have children too.While it is looking like an act of justice, still sending other kids into poverty sounds sad to me. I do not have any children , i am not able to comment however I do agree that the illegals should go back home and try to make their home country a better place.Yet..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I have had personal experiences with illegals and have learned how they take advantage of the system. The women with children lie and say they are a one income household when in reality they have two incomes and make well above the poverty limit. Because of their lies, they are able to collect welfare, food stamps, get cheap housing, free medical etc. Those women had no business being on welfare in the first place. The lists for cheap housing had such a long waiting period that many people were turned away.

I have also seen first hand, when I had a job, how citizens were turned away and illegals barely speaking a word of english got the job because the company didn't have to pay them as much.

We have laws for a reason, to protect our citizens. Instead, laws are not enforced and our people are suffering and go hungry because of it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was watching this video on this thread yesterday, and my daughter who was waiting to use the computer said "mom, that's so sad" Then She asked "That is going to be how we end up?" I was like no we are ok, we have our home paid off we have just the land rent, We live in a trailer which is well within our means, But these people could live in trailers as well, if they would live within their means! I am not putting them down, but I have seen these trailers sell for as low as $5,000 and our lot rent is $330 a month which is comparably low. Most sellers will finance, too. So I feel for these people, but they seem to not make any concessions. Oh and we're a family of five living in a two bedroom trailer doublewide. We bought it for $10,000 four years ago. We financed it and paid it off in less than a year.
But this video scared the heck out of my daughter.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I was watching this video on this thread yesterday, and my daughter who was waiting to use the computer said "mom, that's so sad" Then She asked "That is going to be how we end up?" I was like no we are ok, we have our home paid off we have just the land rent, We live in a trailer which is well within our means, But these people could live in trailers as well, if they would live within their means! I am not putting them down, but I have seen these trailers sell for as low as $5,000 and our lot rent is $330 a month which is comparably low. Most sellers will finance, too. So I feel for these people, but they seem to not make any concessions. Oh and we're a family of five living in a two bedroom trailer doublewide. We bought it for $10,000 four years ago. We financed it and paid it off in less than a year.
But this video scared the heck out of my daughter.

Many people do not even have enough for lot rent for places. Around where I'm at, you can sometimes rent apartments for the same $300+, but a lot of people do not even have that. If you don't have a job, you often don't even have rent money.

If you cannot pay the lot rent, then your paid off trailer is endangered because it now would need to be moved or sold. It can sometimes take a while to sell a trailer. You may end up having to sell it at a loss.

There are places that rent lots around here for anywhere from $125 to $300/month; however, you have to either buy a trailer already in place with permission to keep it in the park, or you have to buy a mobile home within a certain age requirement. One park I know of requires the trailer being moved in to be no more than four years old. That's a lot of money being forked over.

There have been some trailer parks where the management gave notice to the renters that their trailer was now considered too old and that they had so many days to relocate it from the park. If the renters wanted to continue to live in the park, they would have to buy a newer trailer.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
One simple answer. HAARP

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

It reminds me of a dude from Youtube :

The times are hard, I guess the governments should be less fussy about building permission for a while - as long as the shelter is safe, it should get the green light easier ..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join