It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sound the Universe Makes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I finally listened to the presentation and frankly, she said nothing but conjectures. I think it was a cheap exhibition of her own electronic 'music' up there for critique, so I give her a D- because her delivery required a little effort. This did not enlighten me or even intrigue a thought of rewinding it at any point, I frankly had to resist fast forwarding it.

I would like my 18 minutes back.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am interested for my own amusement to see what people feel when they hear these sounds. I listened and wrote down the first words that popped in to my head.

M
V
E harmonic, deep, water,
M
J large, harmonic, soothing, slow drama
S screams, beeps, intelligence, breathing, pain
U high speed jet, fast
N slow jet, deep, machine
P

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I share your interest is how these sounds are, and can be, interpreted by others. I think what these videos show is that all planets and stars make their own radio waves that can be amplified into sound. The question as to how they do this is a good one and opens the possibility that these sounds can actually convey information from the source.

Normal sounds that we hear in Earth's atmosphere contain information from the object creating the sound. Think of it this way, you can hear the difference between a quarter and a penny hitting the floor. When the wind is blowing through the trees you can discern the difference between an Oak tree and a Douglas Fir. We are also well aware of the fact that EM waves contain information. Just about everything we know of the Universe is brought to us as Electro-Magnetic waves. Visual light tells us a lot, as well as X-rays, Gamma-rays and Microwaves.

The planets are creating their own radio waves and this must be due to the physical makeup of each planet and its interaction with solar/cosmic energy. I believe the Sun at least influences these radio emissions through an interaction between solar energy and the objects of resistance that are present in the Sun's heliosphere (i.e. planets). In the same way the center of the Galaxy is influencing the stars that are within the Milky Way.

To get back to my question...
What can be learned from the radio waves being created by the planets and moons?
Oh, and btw...the Earth songs gives me a feeling of healing, life and growth. Sorta reminds me of Hawaiian music for whatever reason.

edit on 4/4/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join