It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 US Adults Now Have Criminal Record - Around 65 Million Citizens

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: allprowolfy

Exactly, how in sam hill can americans project FREEDOM, when one out of four of us are in jail and its just a matter of time with the laws set in place for the rest

This NOT just an American problem Australia is also going this way.The sheeple down this way are so much more naive as well, we dont have a bill of rights either so guess who has all the power and all the rights.
Ofcourse under zero tolerance policing just about any cop can charge you on whim for the most minor charges like disorderly conduct, rich youth always find a way to quash records so just because their charged doesn't mean they will gain a record, once again $$ and connections means one rule for some and different rule for others .Clearly saturday and friday nights a real boom for coppers with teens on the town.

edit on 11-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bandito

Well I suppose it is my problem.

Problem is...

In my case my I.D. was stolen and for whatever reason the cops wouldn't bother to put her real name on the paperwork. This happened over 15 years ago and I thought it had been handled but guess what. I get popped for speeding a few months ago (first time ever) and cop comes back to tell me I have a non-extradition warrant for a parole violation in Texas (where all of this happened). After several conversations on the phone with a detective in Texas, two of which amounted to informal interrogations he says "I don't think it's you".

I asked for finger print comparisons on this girl, they say they don't have those. I say I can prove we are different people and I wasn't even in the country where do I start and they say "Those old paper records don't exist anymore anyway so there is no way to make a comparison". Basically, even if I get an attorney and raise holy-hell (which is what I had to do to keep from being arrested when this all went down after I went to the cops to tell them I was a victim of identity theft in the first place), I am screwed.

So, by a cursory background check I have a criminal record for bad checks, fraud, car theft, possession of narcotics, and intent to distribute narcotics and the cops only give me the run around and say there is nothing I can do. I was a victim and I am sharing in this criminals exploits for the rest of my life with (according the police) no realistic way to differentiate her from me.

I have one frigging speeding ticket; that is the extent of my criminal exploits and I am carrying around a career criminals baggage and damn straight there isn't one employer that is going to bother to look at the evidence where she stops and I start. I get the practical circumstance of that, but with the escalation of I.D. theft I am willing to bet that there is a reasonable percentage of that 1/4 that are as straight laced as they come. It's a shame.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Its Ironic the place that call its itself the "land of the free" has the most high incarceration rate in the world and the most restrictive criminal record system in the west.....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

Pot-dealers are too lazy to get a job

Actually they do have a job....its called pot dealing

originally posted by: primus2012
, evil for taking advantage of the dumb addicts, deserve to be sitting in a cell.

Then shops and bars that sell booze and tobacco are evil too.
edit on 11-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The government has more laws than the Bible. Jus' sayin'.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join