It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past Leaders That Tried to Warn US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is a thread dedicated for examples of how past leaders did their best to warn us in whatever way. In retrospect, I wonder if they realized they couldn't make a real difference in the moment, for whatever reason, and decided to lay plant a seed. Like Walt Whitman said, "My words will itch in your ears until you are ready to hear them."

I have came across many examples of truth that have fell on deaf ears. I think a thread that lists them will do good for those that don't think that leaders have never tried to lead.

I will list a few...

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson

Those Who Would Sacrifice Liberty for Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

“Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: / we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963.

I don't have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.
Tupac Shakur

I will post more later.

AAC

edit on 24-3-2011 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Good thread, but i don't understand the relevance Tupac?
S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

I guess his quote was more personal to me, from a spiritual point of view. Carry on.

AAC

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Unfortunately, you never really know who is being sincere and who is spreading disinformation.. especially coming from a conspiracy site, where you question EVERYTHING.

It's always baffled me how someone in the same sentence can say

"JFK was an elite that was killed by the NWO"

what?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Tupac died for speakn the truth too beleive it or not he was considered a potential Revolutionary hiis mom and relatives were in the Black Panther party and just before he died he was talkin about starting a multi ethnic political party check it out here him speak the truth in front of a crowd of people www.youtube.com...

He was becoming to influetial they had to kll him.
same goes with RFK,John Lennon,jimi hendrix,BoB Marley,MLK,Malcolm X the list goes on and on.
edit on 24-3-2011 by technique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I had no clue Tupac was a leader

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To expand on AAC's Jefferson quote, here is one by Andrew Jackson.

"I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic, inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country."

And a warning from Bill Clinton (the man who decided to fix this problem).

Excerpt from Clinton farewell address:

America must maintain our record of fiscal responsibility. Through our last four budgets we've turned record deficits to record surpluses, and we've been able to pay down $600 billion of our national debt—on track to be debt-free by the end of the decade for the first time since 1835. Staying on that course will bring lower interest rates, greater prosperity, and the opportunity to meet our big challenges. If we choose wisely, we can pay down the debt, deal with the retirement of the baby boomers, invest more in our future, and provide tax relief.

Clinton was subtle. He didn't warn about the bankers and issuance of currency, like Jefferson and Jackson did. Clinton just implemented economic policy to free the country of debt by 2010. That would of ended the enslavement of the American people. Their tax dollars would not be fed to international financiers in greater sums than the government invests in its own people. Obviously, Clinton's plan was abandoned on day 1 of the Bush administration. 9/11 conveniently appeared, as did the wars and the recession. It didn't get better with Obama, it got worse. His budget actually doubles the debt in 10 years. He accumulates more deficit in 4 months than Bush did in an entire fiscal year. The bankers love this.

The stranglehold around the throat of the American people is now tighter than ever:

Starting in 2014, net interest payments will surpass the amount spent on education, transportation, energy and all other discretionary programs outside defense. In 2018, they will outstrip Medicare spending. Only the amounts spent on defense and Social Security would remain bigger under the president's plan.

washingtonpost.com

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Love Bill Clinton...

“Sometimes when people are under stress, they hate to think, and it's the time when they most need to think.”
Bill Clinton quote

AAC

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Woodrow Wilson said, "Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it".

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
More on Andrew Jackson.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
“The consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of the ruin of all that has proceeded it.”
--Robert E. Lee

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was like......yeah that's right Jeff.........thats wassup Eisenhower....and then....WTF are you doing here TUPAC??

new topics

top topics

join