It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States FDA Has Blocked Imports From Areas Around Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Correction: I'm pretty sure this is "breaking"... Did some searches, didn't find much except requests for this.

I just received this link from my company:

UPDATE AS OF 2:30 PM EDT, MARCH 23: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has blocked the import of milk, milk products, and fresh vegetables and fruits produced in areas surrounding the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. FDA is flagging all shipments from Japan to determine whether they originated from the affected area. The agency will test all food and feed shipments from areas near the plant.

Link...............

edit on 23-3-2011 by rstregooski because: title

edit on 23-3-2011 by rstregooski because: dfhsrtjsfgjs

edit on 23-3-2011 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Block is reportedly in place for 180 days...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

This was mentioned on the local news last night.

I have to admit that my first thought was, "Isn't the FDA already in favor of irradiating food in order to make it "safe" for us?". I imagine it was more concerning to them that the milk was RAW than that it had radiation in it - but would they ever tell us that?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsimitpo
reply to post by rstregooski

This was mentioned on the local news last night.

I have to admit that my first thought was, "Isn't the FDA already in favor of irradiating food in order to make it "safe" for us?". I imagine it was more concerning to them that the milk was RAW than that it had radiation in it - but would they ever tell us that?

Yea, I just found an abc broadcast from earlier, I guess not so "breaking".. I changed the thread title.
I find it interesting though, that it's not on the front page of CNN or FOX, atleast at this point.
Video...
edit on 23-3-2011 by rstregooski because: subject

new topics

top topics

join