It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kenya tells citizens to leave Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Kenyan government do not want their citizens in Iraq and have no intent of interferring with the lives of the Iraqi people.

breaking.examiner.ie
Kenya today called on all of its citizens to leave Iraq immediately, and a government spokesman urged insurgents to release the three Kenyans they have taken hostage.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is the United States the only country who believes that we do not negotiate with terrorists?

[edit on 22-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Is the United States the only country who believes that we do not negotiate with terrorists?

Your question renders invalid knowing about history.

I stand behind the decission of Kenyas government. Their political influence is nada anyway and with this simple action they save lives.
(but I am not drawing a parallel to Spain. That's a different topic)

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Last week they captured a Phillopino truck driver. This week they capture a whole bunch of other truck drivers from different nations. I can understand a truck driver form the Middle Eatern Nations but not Keyna.
The new provinical government of Iraq must address this problem. It appears to me that Iraq was always a ruthless nation and only severe force kept the scum from surfacing to the top. Even in our own country we have truck hijacking. However the criminalsl here do it for profit not for god.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
It appears to me that Iraq was always a ruthless nation and only severe force kept the scum from surfacing to the top.

That's what I heared quite often before the 2nd war in Iraq. Many historians and "experts" saying that there is a reason that Saddam ruled the country the way he ruled it.
Of course they didn't say it was because of the scum but quite clear they were talking about this.

I am afraid they are right.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

As I have said before, this is not negotiation. This is the same as giving up your lunch money to the schoolyard bully. It should not be dignified with the moniker "negotiation".

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The only way they will have peace in Iraq is when the new Iraqi leaders act just like Saddam Hussein along with all his guards and military and terror units keeping an iron fist on the country. Then we'll call him a friend and everything will be ok. Stupidest... war... ever...

Q

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Says Kenya: "All right terrorists, you win! We agree to withdraw all of our people from Iraq. Now, if you'll just let all three of them go..."

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Q]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ah at last, a country with common sense, good job Kenya. I think it is true that Iraq was more stable before and indeed will have to be ruled in a similar way to Saddam.

People forget that things dont work the same way over there as it does in the US and UK. To expect Iraq to run the same way as the allies is somewhat ignorant.

Also, I am beginning to hate the word "terrorist" as it seems to be used to describe anyone who doesnt agree with the allies. Remember, we are not just at war with terrorists but with the people of these countries, the general populace. To them we are the terrorists.

To think this all started with the death of 3000 US citizens. Look how many innocents have been killed by the allies, MANY more. So, who is worst? Us or the so called terrorists?

But then, many immoral people put this down a s acceptable as casualties of war, sick in my opinion, just sick.

top topics

join