It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
am looking for the constellation off orion. i live in the N W of england and would like to know, when and where in the sky i can find this constellation. the reason i'am looking for this is, i watched a video on youtube, an object is heading towards the constellation of orion from leo. and i'am looking for Betelgeuse to, could you point it out for me to. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

The easiest thing for you to do is to download Stellarium and this will allow you to select your area and will then show you all celestial objects visible (and not so visible) in the sky.

But for reference Orion and Betelgeuse are about 20° above the horizon to the south west just after sunset.

edit on 23/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

As per Chadwickus - Stellarium is good.

There is also Cyber Sky for PC

Both good for finding constellations and planets etc depending on the time of day and your location.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Its a shame you dont live in Australia orion is high in the sky here i used to watch in the UK ,but here one sees a lot more like the Megalenic clouds nebulae happy searching

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by alexs

Hey, I am in Australia.

Bit overcast outside tonight but when it's clear a short drive get's me away from all light pollution and the sky looks magnificent!

edit on 23/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

thanks guys for your help, i'll keep you posted if i find this object, the chap on the youtube video said he has been tracking.

new topics

top topics

join