It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ma'adim Vallis, sand dunes or Martian city?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of Richard Hoagland and I have always agreed with his analysis. Evidence of ancient civilization from possibly millions of years ago and settlement exists across this solar system, but especially on Mars, because it is the only planet we know of that had Earth-like conditions, and thus would harbor native life that evolved on that planet, rather than a base such as we find on the Moon. The crazy thing is this stuff is right under our noses and we don't see it. All I did was look on the Mars Express site for oddities in their images (Mars Express is responsible for the updated photograph of Cydonia, which reveals even more evidence of civilization). This is the best region I found.

First image:

Close ups:
"Downtown"

"Northside"

"Eastside" (there is a "Face" like structure on the right of this image, but unfortunately zooming in causes it to become more pixelated)

Unfortunately zooming in on these photos makes things look pixellated. so I can't really show you much that I see because zoomed up it doesn't look clear. But I challenge you to look at the photo and see if you see anything. I'll try to explain. When I first looked at these photos I saw these weird looking black lines, almost like tubes or veins. They are all over. And not only that they create patterns such as squares all together as if this was some kind of transportation system or system of electricity or something which ran all over the city.

The sheer amount of geometric patterns here is amazing, there are so many squares and criss crossing patterns that would you see in a bustling big city. There are straight lines that fork into other straight lines. There are also many large structures that are visible.

Here's a 3D image of Ma'adim Vallis

Here's a closeup of those "veins" I was talking about earlier.

I don't know what function they have, but I don't believe they are artificial. They appear to rise above the landscape, so they are not roads. My initial theories are: aqueducts, electric power grid, or subway/transportation system.

Seeing this photo of Martian sand dunes from the Opportunity rover made me think perhaps I was very wrong, because there does seem to be some similar patterns there. However I'm not sure if these dunes are the same size, and they don't seem to have the same appearance. These sand dunes also have similar patterns but not the same appearance. Tell me what you think because I'm not saying I have the proof but it looks like a city to me so maybe it looks like one to you too.

Here is the other 3D photos.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
thats a lot of nifty stuff, and i agree that there was probably something on mars at one point...but these pictures i am not really seeing anything other than craters, landscape, and what could of been at one point a lake or an ocean. are here any other pictures that show like geometric lines that could of been roads or whatever else?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Honestly, this looks more like evidence of ancient water instead of an ancient civilization. It looks like mudflats that you see here on Earth (though based on scale, I suppose they would have to be rather large). Maybe this area was an ancient lake or seabed.

new topics

join