It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REASON for the "Big-Brother Police State"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
We live in a world that is essentially devoid of any real privacy. CCTV cameras at every street corner, computers and IP addresses that are virtually cyber footprints, you get the point. We have all read up on the Orwelian conspiracies about a Big Brother style police state that dominates over our lives and watches everything we do.

Upon reflection, I have come up with a rather interesting possiblity as to the REASON we live in such a transparent, Big Brother style society. It's a "what if" but bare with me....

What if the reason for this was TPTB, are trying to keep tabs on a certain segment of society? What if there are certain people who have to be "watched" by the elite, for whatever reason it may be.

Or maybe there are Extraterrestrials living among us and they are attempting to keep tabs on the ET's.

Essentially, my point is, the reason for all of the cameras, and the intrusion of privacy is not intended to keep tabs on the masses, but rather a small minority of high priority individuals.

There are endless possibilities, and I would like to know what you guys think!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've always thought the Xbox live was a way of tracking and recruiting the really far gone sickos on Call Of Duty and other war simulation video games. That can track everything they do in their games, record their team speak convos, analyze their tactics and choices they make like killing or spare lives.... it's what I would do if I own a military and had a trillion dollars to play with, and I'm not one of the bad guys, but with that kind of disgusting wealth, I probably would become as evil as they are.

The potential for cameras in any and all electronic devices in the home is mind boggling, and I know it's already happening. Enjoy these next few years of what we think is freedom.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Interesting theory but i still think its to keep an eye on society especially with a one world government looming around the corner.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh I agree with that if you think back to the 1984 thing and I am thinking of the movie. The cameras and everything were wacthing for the threat to the state. Watching for the one person out of the masses that did something the state frowned upon.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

It is an attempt to watch the masses at a whole with emphasis on certain individuals. If they can track darn near every citizen then they can use sophisicated software to form an algorythim to figure out which person will pose a threat to the syatem. It could be a common sociology experiment to make a dossier on all citizens through ss number, financial records such as bank statements and loans, schools of attendence, known acquaintances, magazine and internet subsciptions via bank transcripts, vehicle registration, property taxes and assesments, whether they have hunting liscense to postulate gun ownership, pistol registration, police reports of speeding tickets and traffic violations and other mistomeanors and felonies...... the list goes on and on and on of the mountains of info collected by the gov't on every citizen. Remember the patriot act and homeland security, the bush administration wanted to open up the pipelines of information to all gov't agencies so they can share information freely between them and not be bogged down bureaucratically by red tape......? There was a reason why homeland security was set up and it wasn't because of domestic terrorism, it was to amass all available info on all citizens for a country wide dossier to find out who, what, when, where, and why and to keep the people in check if they grew uneasy. oh and lest not forget RFID chips in our liscense and products we buy. Its a sick game of preemptive strike on their own citizens

edit on 22-3-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's about control, period. It's very simple. Whether over few or over many, that will be decided upon by who and how many are a threat to the state.

It is just like "1984" - it's not to track aliens, but to track potential threats and eliminate them before they develop into threats. It's about exercising control and dominion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

It's definitely about control. And they do it by making you feel there's no place to go that you aren't being watched. It's called criminalizing normal behavior. Making you feel that any need or desire for privacy means you must have something to hide. Therefore, you must be a criminal. These people are some sick puppies. Never forget that.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
American soldiers in vietnam turned on their commanders and/or refused to do the horrible wrong things they were being told... in part because they were smoking cannabis and contemplating the meaning/importance of life. There were reports that they were so close to the enemy at night that they could smell them smoking it too, and it turned into some crazy bonding experience, no matter how small or insignificant, on a human level.

There are a lot more humans around now to potentially have a humanizing/bonding/eye opening/new and deeply spiritual/meaningful experience to bolster our will to turn on the people telling us what to do, and they need some way to control that; the "police state control grid"

Sounds like hippie bologna and will probably get deleted by some self-righteous overzealous moderator, but it's true. Ask anyone who uses cannabis what they think of war now, vs what they thought of it before they first indulged...

stopthedrugwar.org...

The Bush administration sold the PATRIOT Act's expansion of law enforcement powers, including "sneak and peek" searches in which the target of the search is never notified that his home has been searched, as necessary to defend the citizens of the US from terrorist attacks, but that's not how federal law enforcement has used its sweeping new powers.
According to a July report from the Administrative Office of the US Courts (thanks to Ryan Grim at the Huffington Post), of 763 sneak and peek search warrants issued last year, only three were issued in relation to alleged terrorist offenses, or less than one-half of 1% of all such black-bag clandestine searches. Nearly two-thirds (62%) were issued to investigate drug trafficking offenses...

...Russ Feingold (D-WI), a leading critic of the PATRIOT Act, challenged Assistant Attorney General David Kris about why powers supposedly needed to fight terrorism were instead being used for common criminal cases.

Most recent in-your-face case I can think of...
Oklahoma mother gets 10 years for $31 marijuana sale...
..."She was also charged another two years for possession after police found marijuana in her jacket pocket when she was picked up to go to prison. "

Meanwhile alcohol, cigarettes (and all their modern additives) and pharmaceuticals which kill and damage more than anything else on the planet are all perfectly 'acceptable' and even encouraged...

rant?
edit on 22-3-2011 by alaskan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Interesting idea,

What if it is the eye so to speak of a top secret AI computer?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sorry this topic may not belong here but I was just wondering if anybody thinks this is worthy of discussion or is easily explained. I find it hard to believe they are Chinese troops and what makes the person THINK they are Chinese troops to begin with...but they gotta be something.

"Why are Chinese Troops 60 Miles South of Laredo?"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

i suspect you are right that these things are used to identify and recruit,
think of Enders game and drones

did you know that Doom was originally used by USMC as a combat simulator and was later marketed for public use?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by JibbyJedi

i suspect you are right that these things are used to identify and recruit,
think of Enders game and drones

did you know that Doom was originally used by USMC as a combat simulator and was later marketed for public use?

They want to compile a complex AI profile for every american. So they can then run it into thier Pre-crime AI mainframe and tell if your a threat or not. The people that are threats they try to marginalize them.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I appreciate all of your posts and am taking in all of the information. I've always thought that the reason for the Big Brother Police State was to keep the masses under control, but this theory of mine sort of nixes that. An extension of my theory is think about how difficult it is to actually hide from authorities. Society is designed so that it is not easy to just "take off and hide". Sure you can do it, but access to food and other necessities would be paramount, and one would have to be trained to survive in the wilderness to do so while staying off the grid.
What if society is set up so there's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide?

top topics

join