It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop and Think, Just For A Minute...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh man, I wish I could give you more than one star. Thank you for posting that!

I mean, I get what OP is saying, but usually when people post problems they are vague on the solutions. For example, the statement that we don't want to give up our widescreen tvs, cable, lattes, etc. That just looks like generalizations to me, because I have no idea how selling my widescreen tv or canceling cable is going to help solve the world's problems.

Not that I'm accusing OP of fearmongering or anything, I'm not. I just wish that these kinds of threads were a little more educational. Usually I end up walking away saying "ok, something's wrong with the world. I'm not entirely sure why, and I've no idea what to do about it".

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
reply to post by 2manyquestions

You want to know why no one can strike a peaceful deal? I'll tell you why. Money. Money, money, money. Money gives people the means to do anything they can think of. It is the one thing that is wanted by nearly everyone. There are PLENTY of alternatives to energy and such things, but they are all tossed aside because there is no money to be made off it. If anyone seriously wants to "fix the planet" that's where they need to start. The majority of crimes that happen are in some way, shape, or form, related to a monetary gain. Big companies do what is cheapest and most profitable and we pay for it on an individual and world wide level. It has nothing to do with these citizens being in poverty because those citizens buy things.

Resourced based economy vs "capitalist economy" resourced based will win every time. That's what happens when we work together to do things because we can, not because we can afford to. Prime example, we still rely on oil and fossil fuels when we have had the capability for free energy since Nikola Tesla in the 1800's. You can point whatever finger at whatever reason/person, but when it all comes down to it, people don't 'do', merely claim that someone should.

People love their freedom. Money buys freedom in several ways (you can buy anything, travel anywhere, bribe almost anyone), so people will work hard or cheat, steal and kill to obtain it. When money no longer has any trading power, those same people will look for goods to trade that do have value (food and drinking water), something that will buy them privilege, freedom, power and luxuries they have lusted after all their lives. They will find ways to control these necessary products, and they will trade with those who agree to live by that person's rules. Before oil was ever discovered, human beings wared over resources such as land, water, hunting ground, building materials, etc. I don't know about a single century of human history in which we haven't engaged in war, and yet there was a time when people traded with each other with goods instead of money. I think life on this earth is gritty, dangerous and painful,.... and every human being will go about his own way trying to ease that struggle. To advance our society we'll have to learn how to try to ease everyone's burdens without stepping on anyone's toes.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Which was exactly my point.

Pity you missed it first time round

On a slight side note mate - could you possible break your posts into paragraphs?
It would make them easier to read is all.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The way to help each other out without harming anyone else is so simple that people often claim it as an 'impossibility'. That being the willingness to share what you have to help someone else out. Not just physical goods, but ideas and theories.

People look at someone else and that is what they see, someone that isn't them. This creates the mindset that whatever happens to that person doesn't effect you, so why should you take the time to help them? It isn't about who has what, it's about people realizing that life is more precious than material, whether it is YOUR life or not is irrelevant.

Crimes are committed for monetary gain. Aside from mentally ill people. If everyone was helping one another, as if we were helping ourselves, there would be no reason for anyone to commit a crime. No one would have to worry where they will eat or sleep from day to day. We would be more concerned about bettering the world than making money, which would push to bring clean alternative energy to the table.

With a system where everyone helps each other as if to help themselves, the education system would be based on teaching children things to help better society, not based on socially culturing our children. We would teach inventors, mechanics, doctors. Not strippers, thugs, and drug dealers.

I might as well hit religion while I'm on the subject of a better world. Religion has no place in the political realm or the educational realm. Religion is irrelevant to the bettering of the people as a whole. The only thing religion does is separate people into fanatical groups. Having something to believe in is fine, but it has nothing to do with here and now and living on this plane of existence. In a better world for tomorrow religion would be a personal thing that can be talked about, but is also tolerated. When you help someone as if you are helping yourself, their religion doesn't matter as they were born of a mother and father on this planet just as yourself. If you ask me, anyone who causes issues due to religion (such as anti-gay christians/muslims (just making an example, I don't mean to offend)) is mentally ill in my opinion. Anyone whom allows some sort of religion to interfere with making a logical thought is mentally ill.

Common sense and logical free thinking needs to be resuscitated and revived into the modern era. I believe I speak for all the people of the planet when I say I'm sick of illogical, greedy, fanatics running everything on this Earth when the rest of the citizens just want to live and love one another.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

The way to stop harming each other is to stop sponsoring wars.

Something that most people don't seem to understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join