It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coast Guard Is Investigating A Possible Brand New, Big Oil Spill In The Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There may be a new big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

On top of everything else, some potentially troublesome environmental news out of the Gulf of Mexico again. The Times Picayune is reporting that the Coast Guard is investigating reports of a brand new deepwater oil spill. Multiple callers have reported that they have seen a huge sheen of oil not far from a deepwater rig. According to Judson Parker at Examiner.com, the potentially leaky rig is the Matterhorn SeaStar owned by W&T offshore. Details remain scarce.

Busine ss Insider

Examiner.com Tallahassee

I am looking for more news. As was stated, details remain scarce. This is all we need another blowout in the Gulf!
edit on 22-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I found this on the Huffington Post: they are saying that the slick is 100 miles long.

The Coast Guard is investigating reports of a potentially large oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico not far from the Deepwater Horizon site. According to a knowledgeable source, the slick was sighted by a helicopter pilot on Friday and is about 100 miles long. A fishing boat captain said he went through the slick yesterday and it was strong enough to make his eyes burn.

Huffington Post

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Since the Matterhorn Seastar is located so close to the Deepwater Horizon site, is this possibly a case of a problem with a leak at the ocean floor?
There were questions before about the integrity of the ocean bottom, I believe.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join