It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-mail on interfaith marriage gets former marine on no-fly list. FBI blackmails him to be a spy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Abe Mashal, a 31-year-old dog trainer from St. Charles, says FBI agents told him he ended up on the government’s no-fly list because he exchanged e-mails with a Muslim cleric they were monitoring.

The topic: How to raise his children in an interfaith household.

Mashal said he has never had any links to terror or terrorists and is a “patriotic,” honorably discharged Marine Corps veteran.

He found out he’d been flagged last April, when he tried to board a flight to Spokane, Wash., to train dogs for a client. Since then, his family members and friends have been questioned, and he said he has lost business because he isn’t allowed to fly.

Mashal is one of 17 plaintiffs in a lawsuit filed in June by the American Civil Liberties Union over the list.

FBI agents questioned him at Midway Airport, then at his home. Finally, he was summoned to a hotel in Schaumburg, where more FBI agents told him he’d been placed on the no-fly list because of an e-mail he had sent to an imam — a Muslim cleric — whom they’d been watching.

Mashal said he had sought the imam’s advice about raising children in a mixed-religion household. Mashal is Muslim; his wife is Christian.

determined that no changes or corrections are warranted at this time.”

source: www.suntimes.com...

This is truly madness! How can you be put on the no fly list or sending an email? This country is out of control and it needs to be taken back ASAP! There shouldn't even be a freaking no fly list anyway because this is supposed to be a free country. There are so many "terrorists" in the world yet there haven't been any attacks on US soil...hmmm interesting. 911 doesn't count because it's bs.

Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 23-3-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note , trimmed quoted text , add external source tags

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Guilty by association..

Sucks and isn't fair.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think, by the time they are done getting everyone on the no fly lists, there won't be anyone left that's able to fly.

Then will we have to bail out the airlines to keep them in business?

This is such a ridiculous thing to do. Airlines are the least of America's concerns right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
Then will we have to bail out the airlines to keep them in business?

they already are

25 cents per mile for the chemtrails
they disburse whether the plane has
any passengers or not according to
what I read about Project Cloverleaf.

and yes, this article is sad.
DHS should just wear red arm
bands that read SS on them.
Wished Wyatt Earp was still
around.

also, does anybody have a link
that shows the no-fly list???
I would like to see if I am on it
just from posting here at ATS.

edit on 3/22/2011 by boondock-saint because: clarification

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Normally they won't even tell you if you are on the list or why you are on it.
Unless they want something from you.
His comments about "living in communist Russia" is accurate IMO.
America has become a communist state - the state is supreme/ you have no rights /secret police etc.
The only thing missing is collective farms but we do have the Gulags.
And people rag on the ACLU.
I don't see anyone else suing the Federal government about their rights being abused.
If everyone felt as deeply about their rights as they do money we wouldn't be in this spot we are today.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Clear case of people abusing power and authority.. Something the FBI is known for though.

If it happened to me I would have also bargained to get paid and not just taken off the no-fly list..

An innocent person shouldn't even have to deal with any of this, but maybe it would be better sometimes to compromise..

In light of how the FBI seems to be completely unethical and also very unbecoming of federal officers in this case, maybe it would not have been better to compromise with them... example: ruby ridge or waco...

This case sure makes them look like 3rd grade dropouts, rather than FBI officers though..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Here is how I feel about that. Good luck building your pansy assed micky mouse loser country into an economic powerhouse now!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yea it seems nothing will be done in this place until it's too late. It's acceptable to happen to others, but god forbid it happens to you then what?!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So the options are get screwed by DHS or groped by TSA.

Fantastic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Seems to me that they should do away with the do not fly list and let everyone take their chances. Does flight insurance cover terrorist attack?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i wonder how many people this happens to? this is just one story that happens to circulate, but how many people experience this fascism and never say anything to anybody, out of fear that the SS will make their lives even worse, or for lack of a proper outlet, or some other reason...these organizations only exist to oppress and terrify Americans, so there must be many occurrences of this type of thing on a regular basis...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Apparently there is over ONE MILLION people on this list.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CoincidenceX

that would be funny if it weren't so terrifying...i guarantee i am on that sucker, but pretty soon we will all be on it so it will be irrelevant eventually (after we are all in camps, i presume)...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Normally they won't even tell you if you are on the list or why you are on it.
Unless they want something from you.
His comments about "living in communist Russia" is accurate IMO.
America has become a communist state - the state is supreme/ you have no rights /secret police etc.
The only thing missing is collective farms but we do have the Gulags.
And people rag on the ACLU.
I don't see anyone else suing the Federal government about their rights being abused.
If everyone felt as deeply about their rights as they do money we wouldn't be in this spot we are today.

America is as far away from Communism as can possibly be. You live in a fascist Plutocracy. Plutocracy and Communism are incompatible.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryPatrick
reply to post by CoincidenceX

that would be funny if it weren't so terrifying...i guarantee i am on that sucker, but pretty soon we will all be on it so it will be irrelevant eventually (after we are all in camps, i presume)...

I'd love to visit America and go on a road trip of sorts, but I reckon for sure I'd be flagged

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
if you're not muslim then you can be pretty sure you're not on the no fly list.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've finally understood how the government is fighting terrorism. You see, terrorists hate you for your freedoms, so what better way to fight the terrorists then to take your freedoms away.

This is insane, placing someone on a no-fly list for asking advice on an interfaith relationship. Next they'll put you on a no-fly list for having interfaith online romances.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't see how the airlines allow this type of crap.... They should care about all customers! I try to keep a positive outlook for humanity, but with all this insanity going on I feel like we are losing the war.

join