It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what Glenn Beck is talking about...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No matter your opinion of Glenn Beck, he does his best to present what he believes to be the truth, without outside influence. He fills his blackboards with data, evidence, proof and presents his case. He is one of the few talking heads that actually does some homework before he opens his mouth. He is, I believe, responsible for the dismissal of Van Jones, a decidedly radical who was on Obama's team. He also brought Anita Dunn to the forefront, calling Mao Tse Tung, essentially, one of her idols.

One thing Glenn Beck says, night after night, is "don't look here; don't look where they want you to look, but look over here. It's a shell game. It's sleight of hand." And he is absolutely correct. Anytime the MSM, the President or the other talking heads start addressing an issue, you can generally assume they are distracting you from something else. I came upon this perfect example:

When 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad was captured on March 1, 2003, he was not cooperative. "I'll talk to you guys after I get to New York and see my lawyer," he said, according to former CIA Director George Tenet. Of course, KSM did not get a lawyer until months later, after his interrogation was completed, and Tenet says that the information the CIA obtained from him disrupted plots and saved lives. "I believe none of these successes would have happened if we had had to treat KSM like a white-collar criminal - read him his Miranda rights and get him a lawyer who surely would have insisted that his client simply shut up," Tenet wrote in his memoirs

Then, there's this:

If Tenet is right, it's a good thing KSM was captured before Barack Obama became president. For, the Obama Justice Department has quietly ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high value detainees captured and held at U.S. detention facilities in Afghanistan, according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee.

Source

Now, your'e all probably thinking, "Tenet was right! No way should these thugs be read their Miranda rights!". Well, that's the sleight of hand. This is one case where I agree with the Obama Justice Department. You see, where we're headed, if we're not there already, is a world where there will be no difference between KSM and a "domestic terrorist".

They have already started laying the ground work and they started it almost as soon as Obama took office. Janet Napolitano put out "the list" of potential "domestic terrorist" groups, including, but not limited to:

Participants in Tea Parties Animal Rights Activists African Americans Christians Enviromentalists Patriots Jews Right and Left Wingers

Source

You see, if you show up at a protest against, oh, say the war or the president or killing babies or cutting down trees, you could be labeled a "domestic terrorist" and you will NOT be read your rights. You can be detained indefinitely, without benefit of a trial.

We all know that's the direction they are taking. With FEMA camps, talk of a "domestic security force equal to that of our military" and all the rest, it's painfully obvious.

This is what Glenn Beck is talking about when he says "Don't look here, look over here!"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
KSM and any non uniformed combatant aka terrorist, are not even in the remote ball park of "white collar" criminal. They are ruthless warlord pawn thugs, some with an IQ but who cares. They are the worse scum who openly murder innocent children and elderly, or worse...

No, any bleeding heart apologist back asswords enough to sympathize with foreign threats, are a fifth column threat. Or else did every one forget where homegrown terrorists and lone wolf attackers are fertilized?

But the asshats like Glen are nothing more than puppets, regurgitating what their masters spewed before them.

I urge every one who reads this to please think and decide, for ones self. Do not jump on any band wagon, especially mine, it is a bumpy one at best.

It is important to remember what the importance is of having an individual opinion, based on the information learned. To be open minded enough to gather all sides of the story, before jumping to conclusions based on knee jerk emotional reactions.

Polarization of the people, "A house divided against itself cannot stand"...

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

your message is purely idiotic, except about glenn being right.

talk about spin!!

do you work for fox?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

But the asshats like Glen are nothing more than puppets, regurgitating what their masters spewed before them.

I can partially agree with you, here. Polarized sheep of parroting blabber are created everyday, and unfortunately our media-driven society clings to every last work emitting from a show-host's orifice.

However, for those who are tossed and turned in the toil of the opinionated, and for those seeking relief from massive hysteria from all sides; I believe it is logical to be exposed to the mindset's of these people. Not to be confused with adaptation, but rather constructive scavenging if you will. Pulling bits and pieces of the rubble.

Although you personally did in fact attack Beck as a person, and used sheep produced term "asshat" (where I have seen posted on sites that contain a collective mind of ignorance, albeit in the other spectrum of politics)

Beck does in fact have those pieces of truth, perhaps thrown in with his personal opinion, or maybe even paid opinion. Yet for us scavengers, alot of what he says rings true. So do not discourage people from watching, from learning. They will decide for themselves. The only tainted agenda here seems to be you unsporting one's ability to decipher.

So friends, watch the video, see for yourself- ponder the opinions, and decide accordingly.
(besides, at least we aren't consuming biased opinion from comedy central)
edit on 21-3-2011 by AsimpleAbstraction because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I couldn't agree with you more; but I'm not the one drawing the parallel between "activists" and KSM, it's our own government! If you haven't picked up on that trend, then I don't know what to tell you. There are more signs every day that we are headed that way. Trust me, mark this thread. Take a screen shot; in the not so distant future, there will be no distinction between "domestic terrorists", AKA, tree huggers, Pro-Lifers, etc. and "enemy combatants" on the battlefield. It WILL happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by General.Lee

your message is purely idiotic, except about glenn being right.

talk about spin!!

do you work for fox?

Elaborate. You posted no useful information, just hurled an insult. Typical "Rules for Radicals" strategy.

First and foremost, I despise Fox. I believe there is a gold nugget in every pile of rock and Glenn Beck happens to fill that spot with Fox. I can't stand Hannity or O'Reilly. The rest of the station is occupied by milquetoast. Rupert Murdock and Roger Ailes are no different than the brass at CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, etc.

Now, what part of my message was idiotic? About the Miranda rights? You'll think twice when those "terrorist laws" are applied to U.S, citizens. Trust me, it will happen.

top topics

join