It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich Warns Obama on Libya War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Kucinich Warns Obama on Libya War

www.thenation.com

“Congress should be called back into session immediately to decide whether or not to authorize the United States’ participation in a military strike. If it does not, the action of the President is contrary to U.S. Constitution. Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution clearly states that the United States Congress has the power to declare war. The President does not. That was the Founders’ intent.

“I have sent a letter to Congressional leadership indicating that the national interest requires...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The American people have had enough. First it was Afghanistan, then Iraq. Then bombs began to fall in Pakistan, then Yemen, and soon it seems bombs could be falling in Libya. Our nation simply cannot afford another war, economically, diplomatically or spiritually.”

Amen.

But there is a Greater Israel to acquire, Mr. Kucinich, have we forgotten? General Wesley Clark saw the letter!

And Libya's on the list! Along with Syria, Iran, Lebanon and the usual propaganda targets.

/sarcasm.

Thank you for sending that letter, Mr. Kucinich, but it will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears. Hearing tests should be required to join Congress, don't you think?

www.thenation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Sun Mar 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I disagree with his comment that anyone tried to 'downplay' what a no-fly zone' entails. This was made explicitly clear in the media in the past weeks.

edit on 20-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
I disagree with his comment that anyone tried to 'downplay' what a no-fly zone' entails. This was made explicitly clear in the media in the past weeks.

We're kind of beyond that point with the Libyans picking up pieces of Tomahawk missiles... and pieces of people...Don't ya think?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

We're kind of beyond that point with the Libyans picking up pieces of Tomahawk missiles... and pieces of people...Don't ya think?

What does that have to do with him making an inaccurate statement? The implications of what a 'no fly zone' entailed were not exactly 'played down' in the media. If anyone thought imposing a 'no fly zone meant the UN would just say "You cant fly", then they were paying only cursory attention. I'm not defending this military action. My contention with that specific aspect of Kucinich's statement in now way implies so.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I see Mr. Kucinich and Mr. Ron Paul are using the same script.. They both need to understand the warpowers act is not constitutional, and Congress has a little bit less auithority in that area than they think.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
We're going to continue this blatant act of war against Gadhafi, kill more civilians, then have a group of Jihadists in Libya that will carry on Gadhafi's war against the west. Remember how they flocked to Afghanistan & Iraq to join the war against the crusader west?

I love how we are protecting civilians by killing civilians..
Seems logical....no?

Well, Peace Prize Obama has dragged us into yet another war. And like usual, we'll be left to pick up the pieces in 2012. God knows I'm not voting for Obama again..
edit on 20-3-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The POTUS and the UN have usurped the legislative function of the Congress with respect to war powers.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

And here's one result:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Possibility?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The POTUS and the UN have usurped the legislative function of the Congress with respect to war powers.

Really.. you should go back and read the constitutional requirements for both.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

and therefore impeachment proceedings
must be started in congress.

lookie here O-Bummer,
if ya wanna be head of the UN,
I suggest you give up ur job
at the WH. It is against the
law to hold both positions at once.

edit on 3/20/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
their not going to stop bombing until the radioactive fallout storm passes North America.

PS. has Canada done anything yet?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
maybe that is why no troops are actually onthe ground? no war if we arent actually there

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockologist
maybe that is why no troops are actually onthe ground? no war if we arent actually there

sorry to inform ya brother
but the SAS is there, Navy SEALS are there,
and the CIA is there.

who says we don't have boots on the ground ???

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kucinich is a smooch why does it matter what he says?

The man is insane.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shockologist

Awesome signature man

DEATH TO ALL GOVERNMENTS

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Minister Louis Abdul-Haleem Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr. (born Louis Eugene Walcott; May 11, 1933) is the leader of the Chicago, Illinois-based Nation of Islam and he "Blasts Obama on Libya Bombing":

Let us not jump to conclusions about Gadhafi. It appears he has been firing on his own people but do we know the whole story? Is he being painted as a boogey-man to legitimize U.S. take-over of Libya?

Ponder this:
“Be careful, brother, how you handle this situation because it is coming to America! It has already started. Look in Wisconsin! Look in Ohio! Look at what’s going on in your country! And remember your words because the American people are rising against their own government: It’s not Muslims; it’s not Black people! It’s White militias that are angry with their government, and they are well armed. Are you going to tell them-’Put your arms down, and let’s talk it over peacefully?’ I hope so. But if not, America will be bathed in blood, not because Farrakhan said so, but because the dissatisfaction in America has reached the boiling point. Be careful how you manipulate the dissatisfaction in Libya and other parts of the Muslim world,” he warned.

Obama and the military-industrial complex have not cared and do not care about the people of Libya:

“Is it that you’re (U.S. officials) so concerned over the blood that is being shed in Libya, when you looked the other way when the Israeli Defense Force was bombing the innocent people of Gaza, unarmed men, women and children? … You looked the other way when the Israeli Defense Force went into Lebanon thinking that they were going to have an easy victory, then you had to come out with your tail between your legs?”

Nor did they do anything in Africa to help the people during the genocides (which are still going on?) So, WHAT IS YOUR GOAL HERE MR.PRESIDENT?

Read the full article here:
www.prisonplanet.com...
edit on 20-3-2011 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I am not an American so i dont know the finer points of American politics, but am i right in thinking that whatever the UN decides is of more authority than Congress? Surely if they give the ok for military action then surely that superceeds a soverign parliament/congress?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Kucinich is a smooch why does it matter what he says?

The man is insane.

Insane or not... he right.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join