It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya's "Secret Tunnels of Death"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
News flashback! Iremember these underground projects in Libya, but supprisingly these are ignored when we see fighters starting bombing runs - but are those main forces in secure underground installations? How much harm can be done from the air - if main forces are in fact, deep in the underground waiting for land operations...

NEW YORK -- There's something about Libya that makes normally sober American security officials go off the deep end. Last week, we were treated to the latest, and certainly one of the weirdest, manifestation of Libophobia. Call it "Colonel Khadaffi's Secret Tunnels of Death."

According to a report planted in the media by U.S. intelligence, the ever nefarious Libyan leader is building 2,000 miles of tunnels, disguised as a irrigation project, designed to shelter troops and armor, allowing them to strike suddenly at Libya's neighbors.

In 1984, oil-rich Libya embarked on a gigantic irrigation project, known as the "Great Man-Made River." This pharonic undertaking was designed to tap the Saharan aquifer in far southern Libya, an enormous body of ancient, underground water. A vast system of 13-foot diameter pipes and powerful pumping stations is being built to send the water north to Libya's fertile Mediterranean coast, then west to the Tripoli region, and east around Benghazi. The total construction cost of this monumental undertaking, conducted by South Korean and European firms, is a whopping $25 billion.

Read article in: www.albionmonitor.com...

Google: Libya tunnels!

I have a terrible feeling, that something will go very badly in this fanfare sounded and criminal act of war from west... Gaddafi has been prepared his life for showdown with west. I think we will find teeths of resistanse with this country - bombings useless - heavy ground fightings at the end... Terror campaign in Europe.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
wow nice find s&f

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
so that is where the IRAQI WMDs are..
whod athunk it!
and the portable poison gas labs...
oh wait, they were for launching weather ballons
ooops
carry on

breathing in dihydrogen oxide will kill you and thoise tunnels are full of it...
like the articale
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
and maybe their isn't a 'war' going on and all the world leaders that are over in the 'middle east' right now have actually began their disappearance into underground bunkers while the rest of us watch their pre-taped 'real-time' current events video's and read their tweets from 45 ft under... hmm just a thought...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I may be missing the point here, but I would have been more impressed if the article wasn't 14 years old. What has happened since then? I would be amazed if the statistics on his forces were still accurate. Please explain to me why I should be studying this paricular piece of history.

new topics

top topics

join