It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new video game predicts/insinuates China to blame for Japan crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A new video game called “Homefront” was released a few days ago. In the game, you play as an American “freedom fighter” battling the Korean (Chinese) occupation of America. I put Chinese in parentheses because before the game was released I was told by my brother and numerous other sources that the enemy was originally China and not Korea…but political reasons led them to change it to Korea.

As I was playing the main game fighting through some American suburbs I noticed a newspaper on the desk and it had an article that said something along the lines of ; “Korea annexed Japan because Japan was reeling from a Nuclear Disaster following a meltdown of a large power plant”.

I hear a lot of talk about the government using video games to manipulate the younger generations so I figured I would just mention this. I have heard many ideas involving China, USA and Russian using earthquake technology as well so…I am not sure.

I tried to find the newspaper again to no avail, can anybody else with the game find it either?!?!?
Either way may God help those in Japan and may we all pray that everything ends up as food as possible for them in the end.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hyperion.martin

i question a lot of the video games that are released .....have very brainwashing messages.

Call of duty being the most popular.

Black ops. (that torture scene was pretty shocking........and where you pretend to be a terrorist at an airport shooting hundreds of civilians).

i know there is age restrictions etc .......but i can tell you there young kids that definitely end up getting it somehow.

Australia has just recently brought the R+18 for games just recently it was on the news.

thanks for the post mate.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thedevos1

that was mw2 and you could choose at the start of that game not play that mission and the only way kids get those games is because there parents buy them

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've heard it all now. A jehovas witness tried to convince me that all video games like this are used to train kids to be killing machines in the near future for Satan's armies.
Well it certainly may be true that it desensitizes them to violence, but it's also true that psychologists fixed people with temper problems by letting them play Grand Theft Auto vice city and san andreas.
So I think the games make kids really realize fast; they go into battle, and they have only 1 life, not a bunch, and that kind of game you can't play for long.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Have you ever met game developers? Games aernt made in the Pentagon you know? Game Devs are normal working guys with a passion for games!! Thats it!!

They aernt being ordered to do stuff by guys in black suits, a game is a game, most games insult the goverment, GTA IV insulted John McCain calling him a Bald Paedo who likes little children!!

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Firstly, the whole replacing China with Korea (North I'll assume) out of sensitivity to political climate?
Yeah, that makes total sense because, you know, it's China these days that's so quick and unstable as to retaliate upon us because of representation in a video game. I could completely buy that, sure.

Secondly, the whole newspaper thing about a nuclear meltdown in Japan? A country the size of California littered from top to bottom with nuclear reactor plants? Why would anyone ever consider them having one unless they KNEW it was going to occur just Days from the release of their game? It just wouldn't happen I tell ya!

CONSPIRACY!

*sigh*
Look, sometimes bad things happen because, well, the planet is and always has been a volatile place. Unforseen tragedy occurs when the earth shrugs. More so these days, and more noticeably, because in the last 30-40 years alone our world population had near tripled at a rate not seen in any century prior. We trend to forget that. Or technology in that time as well, has itself advanced at a rate well beyond exponential connecting the entire world together instantly.

It's easy to find bogeymen in evey shadow to blame and explain the unexpected and unforeseeable upon. It's harder still to accept that what is, just is. Pointing fingers at imagined or implied villains does little to rectify what had happened, better to deal with what is and try to resolve that.

top topics

join