It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Car Bomb Explodes in Nashville, TN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
An SUV in the parking lot of the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center exploded yesterday, killing the man inside. No one else was killed or injured in the blast. It is believed a home-made bomb inside the vehicle caused the explosion.
The man in the car has not yet been identified and it is unknown why there was a bomb in the SUV.

ABC News
The explosion occurred late Tuesday about a half-mile from the main entrance of Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, and about 200 feet from a day care center, which was closed, said Jim Cavanaugh of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Police said the blast was felt miles away, and it left nothing but a shell of the SUV.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Officials from the BATF, FBI and the Joint Terrorism Task Force are investigating.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Jeez!

Sounds like a particularly brutal murdering method. I wouldn't think this would be related to terrorism, unless the guy is some head honcho for the feds or a company.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It could be someone offing their spouse, or terrorists, but isn't a pipe bomb on the car a favorite execution method of some drug traders? Doesn't sound like very effective as terrorism if you ask me. Sounds more like murder for hire, meant to be showy and done as a warning to others. My money is on drug dealers or some other criminal element.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I hope the "Gaylord Opryland Resort" didn't have a valet service. That would make for one mad target if they missed the mark.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I know this used to be a very common M.O. for the mafia, but Tennesse? I didn't know of any mafia in Tennesse, except for Elvis' crew.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That guy obviously pissed off the wrong people.

Bad way to go.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I know this used to be a very common M.O. for the mafia, but Tennesse? I didn't know of any mafia in Tennesse, except for Elvis' crew.

Wasn't The Firm based in Tennessee?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would not use the term "Mafia" to describe organized crime in TN, but we have it, alive and well. They have the same rackets, drugs, prostitution, gambling, etc.

Yup, The Firm was filmed, at least partially, in Memphis. I used to eat at the place where filmed the restaurant scene.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Yup, The Firm was filmed, at least partially, in Memphis. I used to eat at the place where filmed the restaurant scene.

I hope you stole stuff and ebayed it

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
for all you Counter-Strike fans out there....
Terrorists Win

top topics

join