It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we have an ATS logo tribute banner for the Fukushima 50?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Would it be appropriate to have an ATS logo tribute banner to raise awareness of the Fukushima 50?

Fukushima 50 News video
Fukushima 50 Wikipedia

I believe that they are a modern day example to the world of ultimate selflessness and heroism. Something the world could use a lot more of these days.

Edit to add-
The Wiki page does not do them justice. It is actually about 180 people who rotate shifts in teams of 50. Some have already died, others are missing, and many are receiving what is believed to be lethal doses of radiation. Still they go on. Many are leaving behind families.

It would be wonderful to support them as they attempt to save their people and in some degree the world from this travesty.

Cheers,
D.

edit on 17-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: I added more to the OP.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wow....no replies??? I say yes....who among us would have the selflessness and pure guts to do what they are doing? It's a suicide mission. I admire them immensely!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are more than 50...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am curious how a logo change would support them? Perhaps it is just a way to convince yourself that you ahve done something, with a frequent reminder of that time you thought about those guys for a minute. Kind of like people who gobble up the pink ribbons, or do relay for life. Why are we donating money to research drugs that cost upwards of 20k per dose?

Or the little rubber bracelets that are hocked on every city street corner, and ever convenience store counter. Support cancer research, drug awareness, batter women, the local school.

THere are better things to do. Supporting them is fruitless. They will be dead before any benefit of that happens. Their path is set. the best you could do in that regard is donate cold hard cash to a trust for their family that is being left behind.

Or, if you can't do that, make sure you talk about them. reference their sacrifice often, so that people remember. Call them by name, not group. I often do this, referencing people who have made a difference but often get forgotten. Like Liviu Librescu, a man who many have forgotten but that i think about at least 1 time daily. a source of inspiration for my life.

DO something. Don't honor them vicariously through the efforts of sight management. Do it in your own actions.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
if you want to help then donate, big websites like google and yahoo, have a little, japan logo, to donate. maybe ats could do othe same, by simply linking to the same charities, put a little donate to japan button on the ats logo, or ribbon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think its a damn fine suggestion!

While their bodies deteriorate under the stress of radioactivity, let us honour their noble sacrifice, not after they are dead, but now, during their last days spent entirely for the benefit of us all. They are like saints.

Let us pray for a miracle.
edit on 18/3/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I happen to believe that it is a great idea. A banner would not directly help the 180 men and women, however it would help to raise awareness about the sacrifice and bravery of these modern-day heroes. When thousands see the banner, the chances of a few of them donating is higher than just the 6 of us taking about it here. Not to mention that some of those who don't donate, might still think about it, spread the news and talk to 10 more - 1 of which might donate. That's how awareness campaigns work. I'm sure it makes sense to everyone here.

I have just watched a very powerful F50 tribute video on youtube, it's actually original music dedicated to the heroes. Hymn to the Fukushima 50. I can definitely recommend it to everyone. Another thing that might not produce a lot of money, but you never know how far it takes people. Music and visual elements like a video or a banner will definitely motivate people people more than just empty conversations and telling each other what to do.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hmmm I'm not sure about how they are heros, Anne Coulter told me that excessive radiation is healthy...

What?!?! That's not true?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The sad truth is that they are all dead and they will have to be buried in lead coffins encased in hardened concrete in a nuclear waste site. Their families and friends have already had their last contact with one another. There will be no last touch because they are so irradiated even their touch could kill.

They are the new kamikazi, the divine wind that is promised to save Japan in its hour of need. They are Bushido made flesh.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

People are not going to die from touching someone else, most of the time the radiation kills people years in the future, from cancer. they wont need to be buried in lead coffins when this happens. as they wont be radioactive..

there are not any glowing blue, radiation mutants wandering around killing people by touch. If you are close to the plant and need to escape, there are decontamination units, that will basicly hose the crap out of you with water.and maybe give you some pills.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

For all who have been looking for realtime radiation data from Japan, you are in luck. Or maybe not, as the data unfortunately indicates nothing good. The System for Prediction of Environment Emergency Dose Information (SPEEDI) releases gamma radiation data online. The site is jittery and apparently not suited for major traffic which is why we represent several screen captures of the data. While it is not surprising that according to the website both Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures are entirely "Under Survey" as it makes sense that the government does not want to generate panic, SPEEDI has disclosed some tell-tale data about cities in Ibaraki prefecture, which is just a hundred or so miles north of Tokyo, and is just south of the ill-fated Fukushima prefecture. And the data is stunning: based on a N, NE and NNE wind direction (where it originates), meaning all coming from Fukushima, with a normal reading in the 80 nGy/h range, the city of Kounosu Naka is at 3,024, Kadobe Naka is at 2,416, Isobe Hitachioota is at 1,213 and many others are in the mid to upper triple digit range! Again, this is based on wind coming out of Fukushima and ultimately headed toward the capital. Indicatively, normal terrestrial plus cosmic gamma radiation is about 80 nGy/h.

Below we present screencaptures as of moments ago, as apparently the Japanese government seems to believe that abnormal gamma radiation levels are perfectly notmal:

A map of all prefectures, showing maximum gamma radation readings. Note Ibaraki at 3,024 nGy/h, and Kanagawa right below it (and downwind) at 224 nGy/h compared to low double digts for all other prefecture.
[url=http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gamma-radiation-fukushima-downwind-ibaraki-disclosed-30-times-above-normal

There are some of us that believe that Governments practice politically expedient truth which has absolutely nothing to do with actuality. The truth in Japan is they have no place to put the population that is out of harm's way.

Alpha and beta radiation can be washed off, but where ever the water flows, the radiation goes. It is claimed that some of the radiation dissipates in a few hours, but where the wind blows.....Water evaporates, rises as steam into the atmosphere, it carries a radioactive passenger. This is the light stuff.

Gamma radiation is a different beast that cares nothing for radiation suits, the only defense against it is not to be where it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry I don't actually know what 'an ATS logo tribute banner' is
what is it and how would it help?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

ATS staff sometimes adds a banner (usually with the user name of a popular, recently fallen ATS member) across the ATS logo that's at the top left corner of the page. Thought it would make people curious enough to look into who the Fukushima 50 are/were.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB[/rwww.ce-review.org... is the photograph you posted, matrixed

The emergence of a large-scale radioactive waste dilemma began in 1948, at the Mayak military complex in the secret city of Chelyabinsk-40, located near the city of Kyshtym in the Ural Mountains. The Mayak enterprise provided the Soviet Union with its first atomic bomb. Consequently, for over a decade, the Mayak complex was responsible for pumping 1.2 billion curies worth of caesium- and strontium-laced nuclear waste into the bottom of Lake Karachai. This resulted in nearly 24 times the radioactive content released by the Chernobyl reactor failure.[5] In comparison, the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs released an estimated one million curies of radiation. During the summer of 1967, a portion of the exposed irradiated lake evaporated due to hot and dry weather conditions. Radioactive dust spewed from the lake, affecting an estimated 41,000 people in an area of more than 40,000 square kilometres. By 1990, radiation levels near the lakeshore were still high enough to provide a lethal dose within 60 minutes of exposure. Accordingly, Lake Karachai remains the most contaminated spot on the earth's surface

This 63 year old monster can still touch a human being and kill within an hour. The photograph you posted of the Fukushima worker getting washed down reveals the matrix image of the radiation on his body and in the fluid he is being washed down in, either way he is unprotected in a highly contaminated site., It is only resonable to expect that all the other workers are undergoing the same process in the same place.
edit on 053131p://pm3120 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://pm3105 by debris765nju because: (no reason given)

top topics

join