It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you get mad.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In the last few months I have had to ask myself this question many times.

Before I get mad, will I ever see this person again?

With the recent events unfolding throughout the world it touches home even more.

When my child leaves the towel on the bathroom floor, is it worth the time to get mad over? Will I benefit from correcting this action(or lack thereof) on my childs part?
Or will I get angry and will he walk out the door to visit a friend and that will be the last thing he hears out of my mouth?

As so many families are being torn apart around the world due to Fighting, Earthquakes, Nuclear meltdown, what do you think their last encounters with their families were?

Today I woke up early to take my son to a drivers exam. I didn't get dressed really just threw on some pants and headed out the door. i.e. no bra, teeth not brushed etc. After getting there we are informed that the test are next week, so I crawled out of bed for nothing??? Not really. My son kept saying look at the clouds they are beautiful. Then he said "Lets go to grandmas, we can have coffee with them." We went and were met with breakfast and great morning conversation. Something I will never forget.

Normally I would have passed up this opportunity to spend time with my parents because of the lack of morning routine, and I would have missed a great start to a wonderful day.

I just wanted to say........
- If you are not being shot at right now.
-If you don't have to wear a mask or tape up your windows at this very moment.
-If you don't have to break into your go bag today.
-If you don't have to ration food or search through trash to find food today.

Then please take the time to be happy at normal everyday life all around you. It may not be here tomorrow.

freedom
edit on 17-3-2011 by freedomataprice because: spelling

edit on 17-3-2011 by freedomataprice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Live for today, Because tomorrow is not promised.. And today is slipping away!..Great post
Reminds us of the little thing in life we take for granted..

I think i'm going to call up my sister and tell her that i love her.. Just because I feel like it today..Not because I have to..It's because I want too..

All to often we take the people, and things in our life's for granted..

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Yes call her.

My mother was given only a few months left to live and this is what started me on my new path of "Who gives a flying rats backside if (fill in blank) happens"

It is my decision weather or not to be happy and love those around me.

Show the love people show the love.

P.S. I write all this as I have a homeless person sleeping on my couch.
Is your door open to unforeseen opportunity?

Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, give to the poor. Share the wealth you have now, it doesn't take much to impact a life.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
HERE, HERE! Thank you for your post.

I can't tell you how many times I think the same thing.

As a waitress, my pet peeve is: People who yell at their elderly parents for spilling or droping a piece of food makes me think about how much longer they will even be able to take them out for a meal at all. GEEZ! They don't even have to clean it up. Its all about the moment, not the embarrasment of the issue or the reminder of your own shortcomings and frailty.

Be kind, your words may make or break a person's day.

new topics

top topics

join