It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Nuclear Plant Owner Falsified Inspection Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wow, silent conspiracy now becomes evident as the owner falsified inspection records of the plant:

The Japanese owner of the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant falsified safety data and "dishonestly" tried to cover up problems there.

Tokyo Electric Power Co injected air into the containment vessel of Fukushima reactor No 1 to artificially “lower the leak rate”. When caught, the company expressed its “sincere apologies for conducting dishonest practices”. The misconduct came to light in 2002 after whistleblowers working for General Electric, which designed the reactor, complained to the Japanese government. Another GE employee later confessed that he had falsified records of inspections of reactor No1 in 1989 - at the request of TEPCO officials. He also admitted to falsifying other inspection reports, also on request of the client. After that incident TEPCO was forced to shut down 17 reactors, albeit temporarily.

Dale Bridenbaugh, a GE employee who was not the whistleblower, resigned 35 years ago after becoming convinced that the design of the Mark 1 reactor used at Fukushima was seriously flawed. Five of the six reactors were built to that design.

Mr Bridenbaugh told ABC News: “The problems we identified in 1975 were that, in doing the design of the containment, they did not take into account the dynamic loads that could be experienced with a loss of coolant.”

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Well this man just played the odds and lost. Bigtime. Problem is, he risked the lives of all those around him with these decisions. And may have risked the lives of those beyond Japan as well. These scum need to be hung.

edit on Thu Mar 17th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
He does sound like a douche'
He just traded over 25,000 lives for money. Well we got to thank our good ol' capitalism!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think we've just found a hands on volunteer !!!!!!

No really, can we get him to sit at fukushima until it's resolved?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
So what I gather, there have been low level issues with this plant for DECADES that have been swept under the rug. If this is the case I have no doubt that the situation is far more tenuous than the Japanese officials have stated.
1) a plant with (now) known falsified records showing plant leaks.
2) US government stating the radiation leaks are way higher than what the Japanese state.
3) EU nuclear agency head Guenther Oettinger says this situation is "out of control"

I have a hard time not thinking the Japanese government is simply trying to prevent absolute panic.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people, the government and the workers who are fighting to try to gain control.

Obs out

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeldHostage14
He does sound like a douche'
He just traded over 25,000 lives for money. Well we got to thank our good ol' capitalism!
While I agree the falsification of records is terrible and may lead to deaths, I have to question the rest of your assertion. How many of those 25,000 people died from the nuclear plant problems so far? None?

I expect a few dozen working in the plant might die prematurely eventually, at a minimum, but I have no way of predicting 25,000 deaths.

You may be thinking of the earthquake/tsunami related deaths which do total 25000 but that's not the fault of the nuclear reactor.

I thought there might be a design problem with those plants, the problems seem like they shouldn't be this bad given the events that have occurred, if the designs were safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
No #, Sherlock?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The county I live in has a nuke plant that is going to expand by two reactors and I have heard that Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) and local partners are going to build the expansion. A couple of counties over a new nuke plant is going to be built (don't know the contractors). Our county also is slated for a clean coal plant to be built. Lots of jobs, taxes and other revenue coming soon. I have lived here since the nuke plant was commissioned and they have had a few bumps but seem to remain relatively safe. Not worried about plant. Great security force there (at least the ones that count) are ex marines or other ex military. Heard that Obama has asked for loan guarantees for plants. Not worried about nuke power.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Link to the only language these corporations speak.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is reassuring...not. And it does not surprise me in the least. Get rid of nuclear energy. We don't need it.

Any such dangerous activity will come round to bite us on the tail end.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
This is reassuring...not. And it does not surprise me in the least. Get rid of nuclear energy. We don't need it.

Hmm, not sure I'd go that far.. With the price of raw crude slamming us, we still need those plants . Instead how about let's get rid of the people who KNOW the consequences of nuclear catastrophe, and yet who would still risk the rest of us by hiding the facts. I'm talking about these guys in the article.

My thumbs up to guy who quit over it.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I mean either way tsunami earthquake or nuclear explosion, we have the technology that can predict certain events such as these. But why did they not evacuate Japan? Would it be too expensive? would they charge poor families? either way money is involved with this and is stopping people to safety

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Hmm, not sure I'd go that far.. With the price of raw crude slamming us, we still need those plants . Instead how about let's get rid of the people who KNOW the consequences of nuclear catastrophe, and yet who would still risk the rest of us by hiding the facts. I'm talking about these guys in the article.

We have the technology to extract energy from the plenum. It is not in the public domain because free energy threatens the power elite. But the truth is, we don't need oil, nuclear, or any other such energy production. We merely (heh!) must wrest the technology from black ops.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

You know I kind of agree on both sides here but the problem I have with anything nuclear is IT CANNOT BE CONTAINED!! If something happens, it is all over for a lot of people, and there are other ways of energy. You can't tell me with the great minds out there, someone can't come up with better ideas rather than nuclear energy?? I know there are better ways and people are just about money and ignorant to great ideas, I say nuclear everything is one of the worst things that has ever come from mankind. Not only bombs that wipe out everything (what ever happened to a war being swords and cannons?) Why did everything turn into a push of a button?? But also, power plants that melt down and will end up killing thousands if not millions!!!
edit on 3/25/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: b

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HeldHostage14

No, you have greed to thank for this.

Capitalism is not the cause, just simply the greed of mankind.

Raist

top topics

join