It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHK reporting quake with preliminary magnitude of 6.0 hits east Japan - Reuters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

NHK reporting quake with preliminary magnitude of 6.0 hits east Japan - Reuters

... Article not yet available...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oops! Here's the link:

www.breakingnews.com...

edit on 3/15/11 by Rockerchic4God because: Forgot the link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My heart aches for the people of Japan - they don't deserve this! Please pray for them (or send positive thoughts if you DBIG)

The post I saw earlier by another ATS member reporting they had seen a warning of new Japan "earthquake imminent" and to brace for tsunami, etc. seems to have panned out.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Reuters made the same mistake as another thread I was just on. The story is about an earthquake that occurred on Monday.

The problem is with everyone trying to beat everyone else to stories, there will lots of mistakes in reports.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

That turned out to be wrong. It was a Translator talking over prior footage about a quake that happened on Monday. There was no prediction. After running through stuff from yesterday they were starting to run footage from today when I shut it down.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I captured some footage from the live online stream of NHK News. Sorry about the quality and lack of audio!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

# 0404: More details on that new quake. No tsunami warning was immediately issued, but the Japan Meteorological Agency said a change in sea levels was possible, the AFP reports.

# 0411: tokyoreporter tweets: "And the shaking is on again in Tokyo... pretty decent this time".

BBC

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

OK, well that would make sense. I thought it may have been possible Japanese seismologists maybe had some technology that could give a very brief warning of a large earthquake. They have beat us with other technologies, so it wouldn't be implausible.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Mods, it looks like this was a false alarm - please delete if appropriate, thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

what is old news?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

what is old news?

It happened today, another 6.0 just happened 30min ago. Their was 2 6.0's today and a bunch of 5.0's. Its been no n stop since the first quake. im wondering when one of those scrapers are going to give. Their has been at least 200 quakes since this all started. Thier are 30 right now on that list but thats only the last 15hours. Their was allot more, they are dieing out a little bit but they are getting bigger.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

what is old news?

It happened today, another 6.0 just happened 30min ago. Their was 2 6.0's today and a bunch of 5.0's. Its been no n stop since the first quake. im wondering when one of those scrapers are going to give. Their has been at least 200 quakes since this all started. Thier are 30 right now on that list but thats only the last 15hours. Their was allot more, they are dieing out a little bit but they are getting bigger.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

This.

There have been so many aftershocks, it feels almost "normal" to me now. And there is a tendency to think buildings are safe if they make it through the first quake, when really as everyone knows you only have to keep jiggling a loose tooth with your tongue little by little and eventually it pops out...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Reuters made the same mistake as another thread I was just on. The story is about an earthquake that occurred on Monday.

The problem is with everyone trying to beat everyone else to stories, there will lots of mistakes in reports.

According to the posts in this thread, this isn't a mistake.

top topics

join