It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese government have lied - do we witheld any donations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
We all heard the last few days, the japanese officials have given reports and interviews claiming `nah its all okay` `no sign of an explosion ` ` no indication of a meltdown` `no indication it has spread or can be harmful` `its all under control`

Every single one of these claims have been proven to be false, and from even the second explosion, which was felt like 60 miles away, the birds eye pictures clearly show a leak into the atmosphere

I heard u.s navy ships up to 100 miles off japan detected radiation, and that was a day ago, imagine what its like now.

Indeed in areas nearby, they have detected extremely harmful sky high levels of radiation too.

They are probably half a week away from a full out meltdown if they dont get this under control.

What annoys me is why did they lie, if they genuinely didnt know the situation they should have put their hands up and say `we dont know`.
Theyve purposely downplayed the situation, and last night after that nuclear reactor caught fire, they couldnt deny it anymore, and mumbled `maybe its best to stay in doors` and `yes it can be harmful the levels of radiation` which was followed later on with the `nah its all okay, theres nothing to show its harmful`

The conflicting reports, the fact that they are blatently lying is appalling, yes they have a massive tragedy on their hands millions homesless thousands dead and missing, and they dont want to alarm people, but to lie so blatently when it could affect a big portion of the world in the worst case scenario, is disgusting.

The look on their faces when speaking is so clear, they dont look at the camera person in the face, they tend to mumble and slober with a red face through the interview, if you look at any of the japanese officials speaking about the nuclear situation.

My suggestion is this, any monetary aid should be going directly to the people, not a penny should go to the japanese government until they come straight forward and STOP LYING!

What do you think? and no this isnt a discussion about the levels of danger of the radiation, because theres many other threads discussing that, this is about how the japanese government have been extremely irresponsible, lied outright, and should be punished unless they come clean
edit on 15-3-2011 by Truthof2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthof2012

Short answer NO. I don't care what their government did the people need help. Would you want other nations to withhold help for the US because Barry is full of crap? Didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It is not money that we should be sending. It is physical aid. Medical support, aircraft carriers full of aide workers and military heavy lift helicopters and equipment. Serach and rescue aircraft. Food, shelters, doctors and nurses.
The military might of the developed countries can now be put to a peaceful use by saving lives and rebuilding a broken nation.
edit on 15/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Short answer NO. I don't care what their government did the people need help. Would you want other nations to withhold help for the US because Barry is full of crap? Didn't think so.

what i stated was, not witholding from the people, they should definatly be given aid, money, and help to rebuild homes and any medicines they need

however not a penny should go to the japanese government to `reenforce their infrastructure` or whatever they may want it for, until they come clean
edit on 15-3-2011 by Truthof2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I highly doubt you have any intention of sending money to Japan. So I wouldn't worry about it either way if I was you.

Every government lies. So why punish the people?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Thank god you don't make the decisions mate, I don't care how you try to paint it you're simply finding excuses not to help the Japanese people in this time of utter horror for them.

How about next time YOUR government lies about something the rest of the world withholds aid until they come clean huh? If the shoe was on the other foot you would be screaming bloody murder that how dare these people withhold aid from us.

Utterly despicable.
edit on 15/3/2011 by Kryties because: Changed US govt to YOUR govt.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I didn't even read the OP the answer is NO. What a silly thread to open really.
Even if the JPgov lied so what? Is that the peoples fault? Not at all.
edit on 15/3/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by larrydavid
I highly doubt you have any intention of sending money to Japan. So I wouldn't worry about it either way if I was you.

actually i sent 1,000 british pound sterling

can show you even transaction confirmation, i made the payment to red cross at 11pm last night

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthof2012

Originally posted by larrydavid

actually i sent 1,000 british pound sterling

can show you even transaction confirmation, i made the payment to red cross at 11pm last night

Well then sir I humbly offer you an apology. You did the right thing.

But my friend says he doesn't believe you and wants proof.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

aaaaaaand he's banned. Good riddance to another bad troll I say.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
sorry, but this isn't helping... lies or no lies, the japanese people are suffering

do you propose to lobby your country's politicians to request the preventention of financial aid, because you think the japanese officials are lying? ...can't see it making any difference, tbh

up to us to make sure all we (individuals) donate go to the aid agencies that guarantee it will get to the people, & not be skimmed off mid-process, as is known to happen with some aid agencies

that's about as much as can be done, i think

a preposterous & nauseating idea, btw

edit on 15-3-2011 by pattonisit because: mike patton

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Japan has one of the largest economies in the world and has more than enough money and resources to help the people affected by this...if you are going to donate to a cause send it somewhere else imo. What countries of the world should be sending are practical things to help with the clean up and rebuilding etc not money,
edit on 15-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
just as a side note here

Warren Buffet and George Soros have significant
stock in General Electric. These Japanese Nuclear
Reactors were built and maintained by GE.
Now if that isn't a strange tid-bit.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
How relevant is the amount of money that is sent over, when we are honest?

Not right? Since the majority of the money is devoured by, you-know-who.

And I thought people here(ATS) understood that money is paper. What good will sending paper, or in most cases, DIGITAL DIGITS do except for drawing in any of the money-prowling colour-cross organizations.

Could it be a way of manipulating the population into a sense of helping while multinationals help themselves to your money? Is money going to stop a tsunami? Does money stop poisonous radiation? Does money help you fix a problem you cannot even get your head around?

now even with all of that I can understand people donating money out of some ego-complex/ignorance/trying to help in any way-attitude/self-righteousness, but people like the OP are REALLY gone. REALLY. They ACTUALLY believe that GOVERNMENTS don't LIE! (caught you off guard with that one didn't I)

It will never stop amazing me...ever.
edit on 15-3-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Your own gov would do and has done the exact same thing. Why don't you withold your taxes and not pay them they do the same exact thing.

Is that logical.

I though not.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Do you have any idea how much money and debt the us goverment has sold to Japan. When other countries dumped massive amounts of our debt to try and crash the dollar the Japanes govenment step in a bough billions of dollars as a good friendly government would do.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by larrydavid

Star for you mister David. And I can assure you I have given as much as my budget could afford. Where this not even sure what to call him maybe delusional.

Rock on my firend...

Some just don't get it.

top topics

join