It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops hold US Soldier in Camp Penn. attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
CNN has just been talking to a reporter who says they are questioning a US soldier in the grenade attack on Camp Penn. in Kuwait....

They are quoting Financial Times.....

Hopefully more to follow...

AF1

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm hearing the same thing, an engineering seargeant. Found hiding in a bunker, wounded.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Oh, so they found the lost soldier then? I just heard that they're looking for him

Anyways, is this the military Bush has been bragging about?

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
From what type of mental defect do you suffer, "Illuminati"? Considering the almost flawless and never-been-seen-before style of warfare, you zero in on this one case of fragging? I'd hate to send you a Christmas gift. It could be a thousand dollar bill, but you'd complain that a corner was dog-eared!

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
CNN has of course been given the elbow from Iraq, and one can only conclude that this is the level to which they must now stoop.
It may be a tribute to the success of the miitrary in "embedding" journalists; but the coverage has been appalling: accounts of CNN and other coverage are the butt of ridicule on the net: endless "experts" babbling on against a huge screen showing nothing for hours and hours and hours....
It was pointed out yesterday that a re-run of a "Friends" got a bigger rating than the combined war coverage of the other "giants".
Estragon, of course, would rather watch a blank screen for eternity than a new episode of the world's oldest 20-somethings, let alone a re-run, of this pap, and I am probably not alone in deprecating the "ratings" obsession.
But, I would say this story is indicative of new and unexpected depths to which the mainstream has been reduced.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Myself have been looking at some of these news reports Fox and CNN look much like the commentaries presented by Monday Night Football. I like what ABC is doing its way more professional.

Illmatic67 one very important point in respect to Malcolm X is with regard to the private conversations held with representatives of Egypt. There are many in the military who know fully well what the results of these conversations were (The Olmecs have been here for a very long time Illmatic67).

Do not confuse Honor with pride

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
US mainstream suggesting somewhere over a dozen casualties, a few -sadly -serious.
One of the major intellects of V group is quoted as saying the cause was probably "resentment".
I find myself wondering what the mainstream jackals would have made of a report -identical in every aspect- save that it had happened in a Republican Guard base.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by Estragon]

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Estragon, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about CNN. You say "experts" babbling on, they have many retired military personnel that have alot of insight to what is going on and I find them very informative. They have reporters right there with the soldiers and they provide footage that was never available before, they have a guy riding along the tanks in the 3rd cavalry and it's almost like you're there. When you say "this is the level which they must now stoop", are you referring to the story in this thread about the US soldier attack on his commanders tent?

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am suggesting ProudA that (whatever their political, religious, ethic agendas) the mainstream made a calculated cynical ratings-war decision that blanket coverage was a "good thing", that the secret was a Rambo-approach and that -since there was little or no information from the front -they'd wheel out the usual suspects: Oliver North, for goodness' sake.
I'd genuinely like to know how much "insight" and "information" was gleaned by posters from the mainstream blanket coverage.
They have their shareholders, of course, and if this was just a "business" decision, so be it ( a poor one it would appear). But they are masquerading as journalists not as branches of the Ministry of Truth. And this cynical money-based deception is what makes me emply the verb "stoop".

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
crowne what the hell, that was a lot of idiocy directed at illmatic. what's your deal anyway? this one case of fragging is treachery by an american soldier against his force. no mental defect except the one you suffer. it's called racism. and he has a point, we're so proud of ourselves when we are at the point where an anarchist/rebel type person can get into our army and in a position where he can injure maim or kill our forces? what's wrong with illuminati anyway? they're comin and we can't do nothin about it. to me it'd be a compliment, lol, complete control over all the world? what greater. whoops, sorry that was just my inner supremecist speakin out.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
not the least interesting little article in the world: make what one will of their aims, the figures are a fruitful source.
www.fair.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Excuse me but what it is called is a Court Marshall for dereliction of duty, The have those in the US military and system of courts to deal with the problem.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
so bellatrix, you're willing to take the arguement we're having in one topic, to all others i have posted in in an attempt to discredit me. crowne and i have come to our terms, but your hatred for me persists? tonight, i'm tired, it's late, and i have already backed out of that discussion, i'll leave you to your own devices, but i'll allow any others who now have an obsured veiw of my character to visit the topics in the XMB Forum thread.

medication, none. i haven't a genetic defect i or any doctor i visit is aware of.

i will not check myself, for i will stand by my ideals right or wrong, that is the type of person i am.

AF1

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Something just isn't right with this. No sergeant I know would get injured from their own grenade. There is something they aren't telling us......

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
carried out this attack on his own terms no doubt. he betrayed and attempted to destroy american soldiers and for that he should be punished. i am not very patriotic, but i think betraying ones cause is wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Estragon, in reference to the link you provided from F.A.I.R., I watched CNN most of the day today, and the war events were probably split 50/50 with news of the anti-war protests and they interviewed many many people who oppose the war. They didn't mention CNN in thier report. I'm watching CNN right now and they are showing the Marines in a standoff with some Iraq's and it's incredible the live footage that we are able to see as it happens.

AF1

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If he is arab/muslim as they have been reporting, there is always the possibility that this soldier was an Al-Queda recruit that signed up years ago, and thought this was his best oppurtunity. I can only say this once: DO NOT JUDGE ALL MUSLIM-AMERICAN TROOPS BY THE ACTION OF THE FEW.

PA, I'm watching the same thing, and all I can think about is What the Hell are they thinking! If Iraq had sufficient logistics, they could be telling their troops what to do and what is happening right now. "Oh, here comes a marine squad from the rear, it seems they are trying to sneak-up on the enemy position... oh know they are being shot at!!" It's fine if they show footage later on, but live!?

Edit:
I wonder what World War II would have been like with CNN?

[Edited on 3-23-2003 by AF1]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Just a little embarassing don't you think?

news.bbc.co.uk...

I would imagine WW2 would of been the same but WW1 would of been a lot shorter.

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I know what you're saying AF1, but I just hope that they know what they are doing. I've been watching this for hours and they interviewed a couple of marines involved in this battle and they think that there is only one Iraqi over there at that building. They said "what an idiot, he is shooting tanks with a hand weapon, basically committing suicide".

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Confusing reports on the Camp Pennsylvania events: apparently, sadly, one soldier has died. Two Kuwaitis were earlier detained and released; the victims appear to have been officers rather than the ranks, and what is being passed off as "official" comments rises to new depths of absurdity.
I can't think why this story is being run: it can only reflect badly upon the US military and is entirely irrelevant to the events in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join