It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw an Interesting Flying Object/Image two nights in a row!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Sometime around 3 in the morning in Orange County, CA, on March 5th, a really strange object flew over the hill behind my house. Whatever it was, it was near the flight path that aircraft taking off from LAX follow. I seriously doubt it was a conventional aircraft, however, because it was EXTREMELY bright-- I happened to be facing a mirror at the time, and suddenly there was a bright sort of incandescent colored flash (in the mirror) and I saw a strange spherical light streak by window. (I saw the reflection of the object in the mirror, I didn't look directly out the window at the object.) Oddly enough, my cat was sitting next to me on the bed and suddenly tensed up and peered at the mirror, so I know he saw it too. I wrote the whole thing off as a huge meteor/strange reflection of car headlights/neighbor playing with a flashlight, but the next night, at the same time, I saw something eerily similar.

On March 6th, I decided to leave my window blinds totally open, so I'd have a decent sized view of the northern sky as I slept. I just happened to take a cursory look outside before nodding off, and suddenly this strange sort of 2 dimensional glowing disc flew by. (It genuinely appeared two dimensional, it didn't look like any type of stereotypical UFO I'm aware of, but I'm certainly no expert.) The disc was slightly brighter in the center, and from my perspective appeared to be about the size of a small full moon. This time, I got a little creeped out because I could clearly see that there were no clouds in the sky (I could see the stars), all the other windows in the room had their blinds shut tight, and no cars had passed by. I thought it looked a bit like a searchlight reflecting off clouds, but it was the color of an incandescent bulb, there were no clouds, and it never came back. I even searched around the perimeter of the house to see if someone outside had simply cast a flashlight beam into the sky, but there was no one around.

The thing that really sticks in my mind about the second sighting was the way the object moved. It reminded me of a cockroach scurrying across the floor when the lights are turned on. It moved across the sky very quickly (I'm not sure I'd say impossibly fast, though much faster than I've ever seen an aircraft move) and suddenly disappeared without a trace. I think it was silent, but I was indoors watching through a window, so its hard to say if it made any noise outside. I watched the sky for maybe an hour after that, and nothing similar ever appeared. I've seen meteors, airplanes, helicopters, searchlights and just about everything else out that window at some time or other, and I've never seen anything quite like what I recently witnessed.

Oddly enough, NASA supposedly lost a climate satellite in the Pacific just a few days before, so I'm curious if the object is related somehow.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Might I suggest you keep a camera by your bedside??

Anyways, that's quite the interesting incident you've just witnessed, do you know if anyone else in the area witnessed it as well? Friends, neighbours, media outlets?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I actually had my iPhone right next to me both times this happened. It just moved so fast I didn't have time to get a picture before it was gone. Like I said, try taking a picture of cockroaches before they run under the fridge when you turn on the lights-- you'll have an idea just how long I was able to see this object. I don't know if anyone else saw it-- unless they were in an aircraft I doubt they did-- I just happened to look up at the right moment. It moved at such a speed and appeared in such a shape that most people probably wouldn't think they saw something weird, and I think that might be the point. My wild guess is that it was some form of military aircraft that uses some type of visual distortion technology-- It isn't invisible, but it presents itself to the eye in a manner that is meant to be inconspicuous.

On another note, my dad is an engineer, and when I told him what I saw, he told me "oh... they're probably testing something." When I asked who "they" were, he told me he has a few acquaintances who "went out there" (the desert, I presume) to help develop "something new." Even if what I saw has nothing to do with what he was talking about, be on the lookout for a strikingly new military aircraft in the near future.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Infrasilent

wait you mean cockroaches live in most american homes? also, my spell check says american isn't a word.....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Gahh... No cockroaches do not live in most American homes. College apartments though? Hell yes. So most people should have an idea what I'm talking about.

new topics

top topics

join