It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous' Grand Opus: Aiming at the Banksters - Federal Reserve, IMF, & BIS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
The economy will be devastated all right but not by gold silver and hard currency. It is in the process of devestation now. Soon the mother of all crashes will be upon us and make the 2008 crash look like a picnic.

The 2008 crash is ongoing. It's a prolonged economic brown-out, rather than a full-on blackout. It it was brought on by speculation - the same process that gives gold value - combined with hte government rushing to meet the need for currency - just as it would on gold.

It is a proven fact that prices adjust to the amount of currency in circulation. This is the very basis for inflation and recession/depression. With paper currency it is unstable and based on credit expansion and the printing of more FRN's. It is to easy to inflat and this accounts for the wild fluctuations in economic trends. Banksters like this because the it allows them to steal the wealth of nations. They inflate the currency and everyone goes into debt to try and ride the wave to buy low and sell high as prices rise because of the inflation. Then they deflate and most lose thier shirts as prices drop as in real estate crash of 2008. and who gets the property when everyone who bought in the rising inflation now cannot afford the mortgage and the prices dropped? The Banksters! The Universities and media brainwashes everyone to believe this is the natural business cycle...

Remember, nothing stops there from being more money being printed even on a gold standard. We did that plenty back when we were on gold, so pretending gold is a magic cure for inflation is garbage; the Weimar Republic retained a gold-backed economy, even while it cranked out millions of notes that it could not back. By 1923, the exchange rate between paper marks and gold marks was a trillion to one. One of the causes of the 1929 crash was that people rushed to the banks to cash in their notes for hard currency, only to find that there just was not enough metal to go around.

Going to gold does not solve the problems you just outlined. In fact it makes them worse, as there is now LESS wealth, concentrated in even FEWER hands - of the same people who, as you clearly know, are the ones responsible for stabbing our economy in the eye.

The Banksters will soon offer us a new currency guaranteed to fix all our problems but it will be ten cents on the dollar devastating millions financially, and then they will offer us low interest loans and refinances to help us all get back on our feet because they are such great guys. This is all possible because of Fiat paper currency and they can control it. They are already hinting at it with these IMF credits BS.

As I pointed out earlier, gold is also fiat currency.

This is not possible with gold silver and other hard currencies because it has intrinsic value

I'm real happy for you, and i'mma let you finish, but this is, as you put it, hogwash. Gold, silver, diamonds, any mineral commodity you can think of, have no intrinsic value. The value of these items is completely arbitrary. There is a bottom, in the capacity of their industrial uses, but that's a very low bottom. You might as well base your economy off aluminium. You can't eat gold, it can't keep you warm, it can offer you no protection. As a trade item it only has value if other people agree that it's worth what you want it to be worth.

A plastic box cutter has more intrinsic value, because it's a functioning tool, rather than a raw material with little practical use (seriously, if the world economy collapses, I doubt many circuitboards are going to be made to give gold even a base industrial value)

On that note, I'm sure you've seen these TV ads that are telling you what you're telling me; that the "worthless" paper money system is under imminent collapse, and only gold can save you. if that's true, why are they taking your paper (or in most cases, digital) money in exchange for their gold? I mean it seems a perfectly valid question to me. if you're telling me that money is worthless and only gold has value, why are you taking in so much paper in exchange for your gold? it's surely not out of the goodness of their hearts, right?

and cannot be printed or create out of thin air like fake credit/debt instruments which our entire monetary system is comprised of. The amount of gold and silver expands very slowly hence inflation/deflation is so slight it is negligible. And Gold and silver are used in industrial applications also so this offsets any inflation hence an economy with virtually no inflation or no boom bust cycles. The cycles are contrived by banksters they are not natural as the media and universities have perpetuated. This has been proven in our recent history as in up till 1912 we were a prosperous and wealthy nation. Then the Federal Reserve Act was passed stealing our gold and shortly thereafter we had the worst depression in the history of the world, when the Federal reserve act was sold as preventing such things. It in fact is the cause of it! I suggest you read Murray Rothbard or some Ron Paul to educate yourself.

Sigh. I hate to be the one to tell you... But Ron Paul, at the very least, is lying out his ears to you. He's a politician who has a gimmick, and that's all. He's no prophet (though he sees substantial profit) and he's no wise man in the wilderness. He's a huckster who's selling you an image, just as surely as Puff Daddy. And that image is just about as valid as Diddy's..

Point of fact is, for most of our history, most people in this country were pretty damned poor. The tiny elite few - the class Saint Paul represents and advocates for - were pretty well off, but the rest of the country was, essentially, peasantry either in serfdom to those elite few, or living hand to mouth scraping food out of the dirt. Barter, labor, and debt were the economic basis of most of the country, even while the ultra-wealthy traded in gold.

Further, the economy was quite unstable. There was a crash in the 1780's (actually the direct cause of the Constitutional Convention,) there was a crash in 1807, a crash in 1837, a crash in 1873, a crash in 1893, and then the crash in 1929. With the exception of the first two (the 1780's was caused by massive war debt and a country with no functional tax system, 1807 was caused by closing our doors to foreign trade) all of these were actually DUE to the gold standard (the 1929 crash also had a lot to do with crazy neoliberal economic policies, but ultimately it was because there just wasn't enough backing to meet a sudden demand for conversion.)

Also, as I just pointed out, the industrial value of these materials is actually quite low, and is no sort of thing to base a national economy off of.

I do not advocate a government imposed gold standard, but a free market in currency. What anyone uses for currency is thier business. A government/bankster imposed monopoly is what is causing the current woes. There is no way to transition back to sound currency without some pain now since they have inflated the bubble into space, and astronomically larger then anything in history. The softest way to do it is remove the monopoly on the monetary system from the federal reserve and let them compete in a free market.

Your oil analogy does not work because it is manipulated and traded in Federal reserve notes. Hence the they teh same control over it. Remove the monopoly and let people choose thier currency and they will naturally gravitate to stable hard currency. This would be the least painful way out of this mess.

Oh! There's the problem. You're one of those people. Okay, look, you're indulging in high fantasy here; this segment of your post might as well be something out of "Lord of the Rings." Sam and Frodo learn about the benevolent magical invisible hand that pokes them along.

You're actually arguing for an absolute crash to rock bottom here, followed by a cutthroat scramble among several million to people to try to make it back on top. And I mean cutthroat literally, people will die.

Again, I point you towards the people who advocate revolution because they think it'd make entertaining TV; you're one of them.

Having said all that It is quite apparent you have never studied the history and are completely clueless to the proven tenants of sound money, either that or you are trolling, So I will leave you to your ignorant bliss, or trolling whatever the case may be.

edit on 13-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Really? I disagree with you, so I'm a troll? I'm sorry you feel so threatened by my position, but aside from my laughter at finding out you're an advocate of a Pirate-based economy, I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that I'm trolling. Ultimately, it's you who's not done the study. Instead you are accepting the opinions over a few canonized worshipers of the invisible hand, even when their opinion runs directly counter to reality.

You are wholly unaware of what your own argument actually amounts to. You seem to have never actually considered it; to you, it's just something that you throw out as "Wouldn't it be neat if..." I'm just explaining to you why it wouldn't be "neat," on top of an explanation of the mechanics at hand that guarantee failure for your idea if it were ever put into practice.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

That must be some good crack your smoking, LOL!

I can't even count how many logical fallacies are presented!

Basically, you have no clue what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
While I agree that gold is no magic solution, you proposed no real solution to the problem either. Is your answer seriously, "Make the Fed better!"? You are aware that the Fed is central to the problem, right?

No, I didn't. because the problem is simply too big for me to really imagine a "good" fix. Putting the reserve under direct control of congress, as was suggested earlier, ultimately means giving control of our monetary supply to whichever party happens to be in power. Which hardly seems an improvement, if you ask me. I simply don't have an answer to this question, other than knowing that "go gold!" isn't it.

Weren't you the one who said something about the new boss being the same as the old boss? And you're not too concerned about global government either...??

Honestly? There's already one world government; United States hegemony. Name a country. Even the biggest contenders, China and Russia, buckle if we put the pressure on. We might allow them some form of quaint autonomy, but when it comes down to our interests, we put the carrot away, break out the stick, and get what we want.

Further, even if this were not the case, I fail to see how a world government is any worse (or better) than a county, state, or national government. It's still government, still has the same agenda towards you, and is just as responsive. Ultimately, fear of a world government is nothing more than saying you're scared that the people putting a foot up your butt right now might get a name change.

Hey, I'm not going to say everything you're saying is "hogwash", not at all, but I wonder how many might actually agree with you, that there's some merit in keeping the biggest organized crime the world has ever seen (the Fed).

Let me ask you this for starters: How would you "fix" the mafia?

JR

By capturing and prosecuting the people who have organized it and commited actual crimes. Of course, at no point was the Mafia integral to our economic system. if it had been, well, that turns into a whole different kettle of fish, doesn't it?

Well, some believe that the mafia is already "integral" to the economic system, but you're right, another kettle of fish, and most won't want to go there (yet).

I agree that we are close to one world government, and USD hegemony is the backbone of the current order, but the USD is going to soon fail. Then what?

When I say global government, I'm talking about something still in the future. It may not look so different than today, at least in the beginning. It probably won't be called by one name (The World Federation of Homelands!), the various large nations will still keep their names, but just as universal USD acceptance resulted in our current system, the one after is likely to hinge on a universal currency unit that ultimately eliminates the need for exchange at all.

Whatever this coming unit might be (even if things like the Euro and the "Amero" end up being temporary precursors), "whoever" controls this unit will effectively be in control of the world.

Enter GOLD. While you seem to realize there are problems with gold, many do not see it. Tea Party folk, for example, many who are almost sure to get behind anything that's got gold in it.

But what if that's the "plan"? Once the fiat system crashes (which may be unstoppable at this point), "something" must be proposed to replace it. No, I highly doubt the proposed replacement will be "good" for the world, but it may very well be good for those who hold gold.

And "who" really controls most of the world's gold? The big central banks. They have almost all of it. (Even most of the fake tungsten gold-plated bars, but that's yet another kettle...)

As for the notion that a gold-backed currency replacement is somehow impossible, no, it isn't. Gold can be "chosen" as the cornerstone of the new currency very easily. In fact, many believe that it has already been decided. This is one of the reasons why SDR's now have gold as a component. The writing is on the wall.

As far as comments concerning being paid with a "grain of gold", well, it's not only absurd, but clearly in contradiction to your statement that gold would be "fiat" as well. Think about it, you can't have it both ways.

Or can you? Actually, I think that the banksters do continue to make plans to have their cakes and eat them too.

The coming new world currency (even if it rolls out with preliminary regional versions first), will very likely utilize a gold redemption component. No, that certainly doesn't mean gold coins will begin circulating, not at all. Paper money would continue in circulation, and electronic credits and debits would continue as well. But there could easily be a token redemption value built into the system, just enough to "restore confidence". This new currency could be trumpeted to the moon as the final triumph over fiat. Tea Party people would finally have their party in the streets. But, the success won't last, and will turn to ashes in their mouths.

If all the central banks worked together, the degree of control over the gold supply would be sufficient to foist the new currency on the world. After all, in the not-so-distant past, the mere suggestion that Fort Knox had gold was enough to keep the post-war world at bay for decades. It wouldn't have to be more than a temporary measure anyway, since once power is given to some (global) authority (the real plan actually), it will be hard to ever take it away. Afterward, things could evolve as planned, with perhaps those chips in our hands not so far down the road!

I guess I should say something about the OP, Anon and all. I have no idea what might be revealed about BofA, but I know for a fact, due to one of my previous employments in decades past, that BofA is a thoroughly MAFIA organization. An ugly kettle or not, this is a fact quite in keeping with their original name, the Bank of Italy. Quite an irony considering it is today just about the "Bank of America", as legions of competitors have been absorbed along the way.

The bigger picture is that the mafia is indeed part and parcel of the whole system, working with the international intelligence agencies, utilizing their safe bastions when necessary, such as Switzerland and Israel, to ever further a plan for what we commonly call the NWO. If we think about it, such a thing as the NWO probably couldn't be accomplished without them.

The term "banksters" is far more than a subtle joke. It's reality.

JR

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Anyone else notice that the automated voice in the OP video sounds exactly like Jeff Bridges, "the dude"?

Seriously, think about it man. Jeff Bridges is their leader.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
We will not fail.

Expect us.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No, prices would not "adjust." There is no mechanism that forces them to adjust. Surely you noticed this at work with oil; crude prices rocket up, price at the pump rockets up. Crude prices come down... price at the pump stays where it is, stabilizing at a rate higher than it started, even though crude is back to its "regular." The price of a commodity is right between what the seller is asking and what the consumer is offering. It's a two-way street. And when the seller has a monopolization on that commodity, or is colluding with others in the market, there is no incentive to lean prices towards the consumer.

You are talking all manipulated highly regulated market in favor of certain people. The mechanism for prices naturally adjusting is a free market. Free of government intervention and free of a monopoly on currency. it is a proven fact in history. Perhaps you should try studying some.

You do not have enough gold to amount to jack squat. I don't care how many shiny little bouillons Glen Beck had advised you to buy, you don't have enough. No one does, aside from the very, very few, who are, ironically, the men at the root of the problem in the first place.

Gold standard is a generic term for gold silver and other hard currencies.

You do not need to divide gold to the number of dollars in the system. Doing so would have us measuring by atoms. But you do need to divide gold by the amount of people catching a paycheck. That's roughly one hundred and forty million people in the "official" workforce. Figure in another several million for the "unofficial" workforce; everything from illegal immigrants to kids working a front yard lemonade stand. Then, you figure in the amount of gold that is transferred out of the nation in international trade. This is a figure measured in billions of dollars currently.

Yes most people do not possess gold silver and other hard currencies because of the monopoly on currency imposed on them. Simply remove the monopoly and let the free market work. Leave the federal reserve in place and let them compete and lets see what currencies win out. This way people are not left destitute and they will over time gravitate to hard currencies that are stable. This way prices will adjust slowly and there will be enough hard currency to go around and the economy will not be dependant on false credit expansion.

Gold has never been a bulwark of stability. Please, take a look at the economic history of the United States on the gold standard. Roughly every forty years, depressions struck. Go further back, 16th century Europe. New gold coming in by the ton every day from Spain's conquests; prices crashed. Gold was used as paint. For a good time, material goods supplanted gold's place as the commodity of value; tobacco, coffee, and textiles became the objects of trade value. Even in these times, gold was never common currency. It never entered the grubby paws of the peasants. They traded on a barter and debt system.

You need to get your history right. The only time there has ever been a depression before 1933 is during the revolutionary war and civil war because of the use of fiat currency. Which is why the founders made gold and silver the standard after the revolutionary war, because the saw the devastation fiat currency caused. Any time we were on a hard currency standard we prospered and the few so called recessions were regional and due to some private bank issuing currency with no backing unbeknownst to thier customers until the customers found out and the banks collapsed.. Those recessions are a joke and insignificant compared to the great depression and subsequent recessions every 10 years or so since 1933 due to our fiat monetary system, also known as the boom bust cycle.

Further, gold is itself fiat currency. It is worth X amount not because of any inherent value, but because someone says it's worth that much.

LMFAO!!! Gold has intrinsic value, and in industrial applications and has since the dawn of time. The computer you are typing on relies on it for its signal contacts. It was used in ancient times as an ornamental but also in industrial application because it did not rust or oxidise and break down etc. It was used to preserve written records and buildings and weapons handles etc. not just to make them look pretty. It takes labor to dig it out of the ground and refine it etc. Governments and banks are the only ones who can take paper a useful commodity and add ink to it and inflate its value into worthlessness.

basing a banknote currency on gold just doubles the layers of fiat on hand. "This note is worth this much gold because the government says it is, and the gold is worth that much because a speculator says it is."

Most gold standard advocates do not support a government/bankster monopoly on gold. They support a free market. Let the market decide the value. So your assertion is moot.

And since speculation happens faster than government adjustment, the price of your dollar can skyrocket or crash at a moment's notice on the gold economy; which is exactly what kept happening when we were on the gold standard. It happened to every other nation on the gold standard as well, which is why nobody uses the gold standard (in addition to the problems presented by gold divided by population; 7 billion's a hell of a lot of people to pay in gold, don't you think?) basically just because gold cannot be inflated by "making more," doesn't mean that it can't be the cause of effective inflation (that is, essentially, devaluation)

You are confused by bankster propaganda. You cannot inflate gold by printing.. Only the amount of pieces of paper it takes to purchase gold fluctuates due to inflation of those pieces of paper i.e. the printing and credit creation of more if them into circulation. That is why gold is at historical highs because they are inflating the currencies. All speculation is based in projected inflation of the fiat currency it has nothing to do with the amount of gold. Gold has relatively retained its purchasing power for thousands of years despite the wild fluctuations in fiat currencies.

However, it should be noted that our current currency has backing. It's not ghost money, it's not "just paper." it's a representation of time and work. That's the backing of our economy; service and industry. I have worked this many hours, and I have this many debt notes to show for it.

LMFAO again!!! You have DEBT NOTES to show for your labor. Wow aren't you wealthy. You would be right except for one thing those debt notes are not redeemable for the debt that is supposedly owed on them. They are the federal reserves who can print them at will and every time they print more and expand credit with loans they devalue those notes and purchasing power. Since you cannot redeem your debt notes for the supposed debt owed on them and they can be printed at will they are worthless. Right now we are lucky most people are willing to accept them for goods and services, the mass illusion they are money is the only thing that gives them any value at this time. That illusion is starting to dissipate.

"Go back to gold" is a dream of many people around here, I understand. But it's not very well thought-out. Basically the argument is that you want to go back to the gold standard, because you are of the opinion that it'd be neat. The ramifications of it don't register, it's simply that you want your opinion to become policy; ego. It's the same sort of mentality that has some others around here thumping their chest about "revolution." They just think it'd be neat, something they'd like to watch on TV, and they're not thinking about people dead in the streets or tanks protecting state capitols.

And you would be wrong. I want a gold/hard money standard because it is proven in history to end inflation and stabilize any economy when operating in a free market, and it is very well thought out as I explained above..

Want to know what happens if we go back to gold? You become worthless. Your assets indeed become "just paper." Your pay is severely cut to reflect the new standard, but prices are not. You go to bed one day with a solid bank account, and wake up with peanuts. And the first thing you do is you go to the bank, and you sign yourself over to the people who own the gold.

You falsely characterize what it would mean to go back to a gold standard. Of course if we just flipped a switch over night your straw-man scenario would indeed happen. That is why we simply end the monopoly on currency and allow people to choose what currency they will use. I will tell you this much, your scenario is about to happen when they flip the switch to a new fiat currency and you only get 8-10 cents on the dollar in trading in the old currency. You indeed will wake up with peanuts when it happens. That is exactly what they did in 1933. And they are doing it because the current bubble has been inflated about as far as it can. They need to deflate with a new currency so they can start a new bubble and lull the people into another false sense of security and false credit expansion. No fiat currency in history has lasted more then about 40 years or so. It is a mathematical certainty that they all fail in this manner. Guess what happens when they deflate? major depression much worse then we are experiencing now and even much worse then 1933.

Who just so happen to be the very same people who engineered our current economic situation. Congratulations, debt-slave, you've just handed keys to the teenager you've been watching drain a whole bottle of tequila.

If you recognize these people as the engineers of our economic destruction then why are you advocating their fiat system as better then sound money? Sound money takes the keys and tequila away from them!

edit on 13-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is great news, I hope Anon has a solid plan in place with enough flexibility to really go after their targets. I've often wondered how long the fed, in its current form, would last if people knew what it really is. Redirect all traffic to facebook to a video explaining the Fed for a full day and youd have quite a catalyst for change

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Remember, nothing stops there from being more money being printed even on a gold standard. We did that plenty back when we were on gold, so pretending gold is a magic cure for inflation is garbage; the Weimar Republic retained a gold-backed economy, even while it cranked out millions of notes that it could not back. By 1923,

That has nothing to do with gold, un-backed notes are fiat currency period. This is precisely why governments and banksters should not have a monopoly on currency. Claiming notes are backed when they are not is fraud. That is not the fault of gold or inherent to it as currency. It is the fault of corrupt people who have a monopoly on the currency.

I'm real happy for you, and i'mma let you finish, but this is, as you put it, hogwash. Gold, silver, diamonds, any mineral commodity you can think of, have no intrinsic value. The value of these items is completely arbitrary.

Wow your ignorance is amazing. Gold, silver, and even diamonds have intrinsic value because they are useful to society and it takes labor to produce them. I've explained gold and silvers use in another post, even diamonds are used in cutting blades and all kinds of polishing and abrasive applications. None of them deteriorate which is why they are used and also why they are prized as jewellery, ornamentals, and currency

Further, the economy was quite unstable. There was a crash in the 1780's (actually the direct cause of the Constitutional Convention,) there was a crash in 1807, a crash in 1837, a crash in 1873, a crash in 1893, and then the crash in 1929

You really ought to study some history. The crash of the 1780s was due to the issue of fiat currency known as continentals during the revolutionary war not because of the constitution. Which is why they put in gold and silver as the only means of paying debts in the Constitution. The rest you mention except the civil war period and then up to the crash of 1929 are not even blips on the radar in comparison to the after 29 and every 10 years so so since, and everyone one of them was due to fiat currency and had nothing to do with gold and silver as I have explained. From abut 1890 till 1912 we were quite prosperous on loose gold standard with a free market in currency until government gave a monopoly to the banksters and eventually made gold illegal in 1933 as the icing on the cake. they did this because they were printing un-backed fiat currency and countries were redeeming the notes for gold they did not have so to hide the fraud they passed laws in collusion with the banksters. the only time anything has ever been destabilised IS WHEN THEY WERE NOT FOLLOWING A GOLD/HARD CURRENCY STANDARD.

Really? I disagree with you, so I'm a troll? I'm sorry you feel so threatened by my position, but aside from my laughter at finding out you're an advocate of a Pirate-based economy, I'm not sure where you're getting the notion that I'm trolling.

It is not that you just disagree. It is that your arguments are so far removed from reality, logical reason, and lack of knowledge of history, that is is hard to believe someone is this ignorant, it appears you are just arguing for sake of arguing, hence trolling.

You are wholly unaware of what your own argument actually amounts to. You seem to have never actually considered it; to you, it's just something that you throw out as "Wouldn't it be neat if..." I'm just explaining to you why it wouldn't be "neat," on top of an explanation of the mechanics at hand that guarantee failure for your idea if it were ever put into practice.

Statements like this just reaffirm that you are trolling. I have studied this topic for over 25 years it is historical facts I assert. By the way Ron Paul whom you derided and a few others predicted exactly what is happening today so precisely and to a tee that media pundits had to apologize to them for ridiculing them when they were predicting it. Ron Paul and other Austrian school of economics advocates laid out what would happened nearly 30 years ago and it followed their prediction to the Tee. Not that you will care or bother to study the proof, as trolls don't, you will just make some other flippant nonsensical comment totally devoid of any reason of logic I am sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Anonymous first shot to be fired at BOA.

The first move Anonymous is making, this could get very interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
While I agree that gold is no magic solution, you proposed no real solution to the problem either. Is your answer seriously, "Make the Fed better!"? You are aware that the Fed is central to the problem, right?

No, I didn't. because the problem is simply too big for me to really imagine a "good" fix. Putting the reserve under direct control of congress, as was suggested earlier, ultimately means giving control of our monetary supply to whichever party happens to be in power. Which hardly seems an improvement, if you ask me. I simply don't have an answer to this question, other than knowing that "go gold!" isn't it.

Weren't you the one who said something about the new boss being the same as the old boss? And you're not too concerned about global government either...??

Honestly? There's already one world government; United States hegemony. Name a country. Even the biggest contenders, China and Russia, buckle if we put the pressure on. We might allow them some form of quaint autonomy, but when it comes down to our interests, we put the carrot away, break out the stick, and get what we want.

Further, even if this were not the case, I fail to see how a world government is any worse (or better) than a county, state, or national government. It's still government, still has the same agenda towards you, and is just as responsive. Ultimately, fear of a world government is nothing more than saying you're scared that the people putting a foot up your butt right now might get a name change.

I would prefer the Fed was removed and it's duty of issuing money handled by the Treasury(ultimately controlled by Congress). The biggest problem with the Fed is that they can only create money through debt. The Fed or any central bank should operate as more of a counting machine. The government should not be paying interest to create money. I think we need to let the money supply increase through our deficit spending. If it the spending is put to good use then it shouldn't be inflationary. Of course if you add interest on top of it all, it will be inflationary, as this is spending that has no productive purpose. Just look back over the last century. it wouldn't suprise me if the US has paid interest in amounts greater than our current national debt. The last part of the solution is to have fixed interest rates and adjust the economy through the amount of leverage that banks are allowed to use. This will go a long way in keeping prices stable.

Ultimately Congress decides on how we spend our money, so by putting it in their hands, they would finally have to be accountable for their spending decisions, instead of always having the fed as the scapegoat.

Gold standard would never work for a few other reasons:

Foreign countries/investors could/would influence the value of the currency, by simply inflating and deflating the price of gold. It would drive inflation and deflation just as we see now. We would gain nothing in this respect.

With every dollar backed bty gold, here would simply be no way for the economy to grow and people to build savings , etc. I say this because I assume that most people who favor a gold backed currency, also oppose the ability of financial institutions to create new money from thin air. We currently have about $1T in currency outstanding and another $9T in debt. This works out to about $30,000 per person. However we have wealth of about $40 T in the economy or about $120,000 per person. Thus, if every dollar was backed in gold, without hypothecation, we would have about $44 trillion in circulation or about 4 times the current government money supply. If you allow hypothecation there is not much point in going to a gold standard in the first place and most gold bugs will say that is what caused prior gold based currencies to run into trouble. Can't have it both ways.

As a side note watch Japan start dumping gold. Also watch for equity markets to rise as much spending needs to be done. I expect they will be down big in the AM tommorow and resume the bull in the afternoon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A paean to anonymous:

www.freedom-artist.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

More clever false flag,problem/reaction/solution and proxy organization mind games. Wake up! They are agents too! They are on payroll. They are not freedom fighters.

If they were any threat thet would be dead or in prison by now. Your acting like the government doesn't hire hackers or have them on payroll. Your acting like china doesn't have hackers either.

This is all well scripted of course. Anon is a paid CIA proxy. What they are saying they are doing is idiotic and self-destructive. But that's just it. The elites need a scipted false flag proxy to convince the world how dangerous freedom and free thought is. They also want to regulate the internet,heavily censor it or shut it down completely.

Having thier shills on payroll, pretending to be "freedom fighters", or "freedom hackers" just validates the elites agenda. Less freedom, more control.

Don't take the Anon bait people...
edit on 14-3-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The power of the Federal Reserve and the banking system can not be broken by such means. If the method to produce the free energy becomes widely available, the grip of money power will be dissolved from the root. It’s the illusion of the scarcity that brings out the tyranny of the world government to the people.

It takes something like the shift of the Copernican Scientific Paradigm to bring the end of the banking monopoly and free the people. Disclosure of the alien visitation and their technology are all related to this fundamental agenda, because the knowledge of the alien presence and their technology are not compatible with our present system of the financial structure.

Alex Collier was once asked by the Andromedan visitors “Why do you have to pay to live in your own planet?” This is what we are looking forward to see in the system of the future model of our world.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Did you just say that many people here support the Federal Reserve and Bank of America? Seriously?

Ohhhh, thank was a joke! I get it now!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeIsPowre
This is great news, I hope Anon has a solid plan in place with enough flexibility to really go after their targets. I've often wondered how long the fed, in its current form, would last if people knew what it really is. Redirect all traffic to facebook to a video explaining the Fed for a full day and youd have quite a catalyst for change

I would give up a lot to have every capable adult American read the definition of what The Federal Reserve is and what they are responsible for, right from the pages of the governments website. The FR and Depositories have pretty much done exactly the opposite of what they were supposed to do. My jaw hung open when I read what I read, knowing what has actually taken place.

I think your idea would have great effect if people would read the truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue

*** Note ***

This is not the BOA news, but a direct attack on Ben Bernanke, et al. I have provided links to those posts (just in case you missed them) at the bottom.

*** Note ***

According to Zero Hedge:

The goal - engage in "a relentless campaign of non-violent, peaceful, civil disobedience" until Ben Bernanke steps down and the "Primary Dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy effective immediately.

I know we have a lot of people here who support the Federal Reserve, the IMF and BIS and also bank at the BOA, so for that, this may not be good news -

Seriously, this is something else. I don't think it will get MSM play, as it would draw tremendous attention to these institutions - which, I don't think they want. However, kicking the banking bee-hive is pretty risky, as we all "know" what conspiracy theories revolve around that concept. However, I am curious to how others see this move by Anonymous playing out.

For those of you not familiar with the BIS, click here is how they would fit into the conspiratorial minded:

This is also on the heels of Anonymous releasing BOA information on Monday, March 14, as reported by these fine ATS'ers:

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
3. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-3-2011 by alyoshablue because: cleaned up

edit on 12-3-2011 by alyoshablue because: added BIS link

Let's make one thing crystal clear and do not dare twist it to suit your own agenda and that is everyone here has taken a firm and solid stance against The Federal Reserve, IMF, BIS, BoA so get that straight. Our support is firmly behind Assagne, Wikileaks, Anonymous and all free loving people.
edit on 22-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Let's make one thing crystal clear and do not dare twist it to suit your own agenda and that is everyone here has taken a firm and solid stance against The Federal Reserve, IMF, BIS, BoA so get that straight. Our support is firmly behind Assagne, Wikileaks, Anonymous and all free loving people.

I think the OP's sarcasm was implied in the line that you are referring to.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
amazing news. I've always supported anon and this just reaffirms my support for them. Hopefully they will be successful in their endeavors because it is about time that these people be held accountable for what they have done since their inception. Also, it is nice to finally have a somewhat tangible archetype for OUR side of this fight.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
We should never expect the removal or destruction of the Federal Reserve banking system. What we should instead be setting our sights upon is a more realistic and just policy where the Federal Reserve is taken under strict Congressional control much like the central banks in most other countries, recreate the convertibility of the dollar to gold at a fixed rate between 60-80%, and the breaking up of all banks when they reach 2% of the national Gross Domestic Product which would be about $294.4 Billion in 2010.

Hooboy "fox":

Going back to gold would be a disaster.

I believe they mean going back pegging the dollar o the "Gold standard" which Richard nixon took us off in the 60's.Not actually spending more dollars than we have actual gold prevents the govt from runaway spending.

There's just not enough gold for us to base an economy off of. Even many of the world's smaller economies would have huge difficulties supporting themselves on gold. The only reason gold ever worked, was because of how few people ever actually OWNED gold. These elite few were a tiny minority, while the rest of the people worked in an economy based on goods, services, and debt. The fact that only the very few had the fungible wealth was the main part of what made them "the elite" - ultimately they were the ones controlling the lives and livelihoods of those further down the ladder.

Now we have more people and less gold (industry eats a fair bit of the stuff). Add to that the inherent instability of gold as a backer for money (It's very vulnerable to inflation) and you've got yourself a heck of a mess!

You've got it "bassackwards" there; the value of gold doesn't change. the value of the dollar does. used to be( 1930's) you could buy a decent suit for an ounce of gold( 30$); today ($1200.00 later) it still does! It takes more dollars to buy the same amount of gold.because the dollar is inflated.(* worth-less if not completely "worthless"!))

Fairer practices from the federal reserve works. Trying to sneak in a gold standard does not.
" fairer"???? not a real history buff are ya'?

Here's a highly regarded easily understandable crash course on the u.s. economy:
indepth 3hour:20minutes version
www.chrismartenson.com...
45 minute synopsis:
www.chrismartenson.com...

This would require the United States permanently fix its horrible inflation and devaluation of the dollar, balancing the budget immediately, and a responsible plan to pay off 50% of our debt and the interest on our debt in a set period of years. This would recreate a sound and stable currency, end the monopoly of the international banking cabal, and bring back prosperity.

Easily doable by hacking off some of the crazy tax breaks that have been put in place over the last thirty years. The biggest reason for debt is not spending, but not collecting needed funds. Cutting spending and cutting taxes - the current paradigm - just spreads poverty and disables the government from being able to respond to the needs of its citizens.

I think t is pretty common sense that the Federal Reserve is not going anywhere but to think just because it will not be abolished does not mean it should not be audited, have strict new rules to follow, come under almost complete Congressional control, and require major internal reforms.

Well, I'd argue that congressional control strips independence of the organization, but well, it's very easy to make an argument that it's not independent now, or that the independence it has isn't a good thing. I'm just going to nod my head and smile in general agreement.

Also in regards to the IMF, WB, and BIS, we need to immediately exit them as a nation and cease all funding to them. They have only created a system of perpetual debt bringing both the third world nations and the first world nations misery ever since its inception. Hopefully we can exit these dens of international banking criminals whose sole goal is the ultimate centralization of all power and wealth into their hands at the expense of every sovereign nation state. If anyone really needs a wake up call it is the nations in the Eurozone.

The IMF and World Bank have actually brought a lot of money to the Northern world - by plundering the southern world. However, we in the north have a moral duty to appose that sort of plunder - the organizations might bring us short-term gain, but they do long-term harm to both our moral stature and, eventually, our security and livelihoods,. All that resentment in the third world has to be pointed somewhere, and we honestly deserve a lot of ut. Taking the hammer to these organizations is the least we can do.

"A single currency means a single government, and that single government would be the government whose policies determined every aspect of economic life." - Enoch Powell
edit on 3/12/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

I'll be honest, I'm not too scared of a world government. Fear of it seems just like some petty, chauvinist nationalist urge to me. I mean hey, as we just went over, YOUR government isn't doing you any favors. Nor is anyone else's. All a world government means is meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Rather than pulling our hair worrying about "world governments" we need to put our energy into ensuring better governance, no matter the form it might take.
edit on 10-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
I have done research On the IMF and World Bank. But what is the Bank of international settlements what is there reported role? And then what is the dirtyness that they do??

The BIS is a clearinghouse of all debt collections globally. If a nation needs money this is where they go. Money for nation building also comes from this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join