It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami warning issued for Hawaii, Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Tsunami warning issued for Hawaii, Pacific

www.msnbc.msn.com

HONOLULU — The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii has widened its tsunami warning to include Hawaii and the rest of the Pacific Ocean, while a watch notice was issued for west coast of the U.S.

Sirens were sounded in Honolulu shortly after the warning was issued Thursday at 9:31 p.m. Hawaii time.

The warning follows a massive earthquake that has struck off the northeastern coast of Japan.

It says the estimated earliest arrival in Hawaii of the first tsunami wave is 2:59 a.m. local time
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If you know someone in Hawaii please call them and let them know they are UNDER A WARNING for a TSUNAMI. This is not a joke, if you know people in HAWAII please call them and warn them.. IT IS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT for some people.. advise them!!! 3am their time. They have 4 and a half hours to move.. CALL THEM!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sky News has just said there is another earthquake warning being issued for North Honshu. The only consolation for Hawaii is the wave will be smaller by the time it reaches shore.

Although as I am typing the Red Cross has just issued the statement that the Tsunami wave is much higher than the majority of Pacific islands.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Sky News has just said there is another earthquake warning being issued for North Honshu. The only consolation for Hawaii is the wave will be smaller by the time it reaches shore.

Although as I am typing the Red Cross has just issued the statement that the Tsunami wave is much higher than the majority of Pacific islands.

Lets not assume anything about what will happen in Hawaii This is where you want to be cafeful

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfATS

Scary times man. At least they have had some degree of warning!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This better be legit, I called friends and family in Hawaii and woke them up...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

english.aljazeera.net... yeah its real and i hope they get to high ground there is a link to a live feed....ive allready been sick twice...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Jesus....I guess ill be on the phone with them non stop

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this, located here. It is the earliest one posted in BAN. Please continue the discussion there.

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator
edit on 11-3-2011 by TheBorg because: (no reason given)

Also, please note that Earthquake threads belong in Fragile Earth, as they are not an Alternative topic.
edit on Fri Mar 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join