It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

general board questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
under your avatar, are some Blue letters with numbers, is there anywhere to lookup what they all mean?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
P=Posts. Number you have made.
F=Flags. Number your threads have garnered.
S=Stars. Nu8mber your individual posts have garnered.
W=Way Above. Easier to link to this one. It's a formula that determines the best contributors.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
K=Karma. Mot entirely sure how this is determined. SO knows the formula but it is another ranking system based on a combination of the first three things listed here and applause as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Karma is determined by a combination of posts, flags, stars and the ratio between them.

Not sure if applause is involved.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

So, with karma, is the higher the number is better or vise versa?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
is there a way to see which of your posts are flaged and or stared?

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostinshell
is there a way to see which of your posts are flaged and or stared?

I have done a search and am still relatively new to the site myself.....*is* there a way to see your starred or flagged posts? Thank you in advance!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What I have realized is that the K letter has something to do with the ratio of stars and posts. The higher the stars/posts ratio, the higher the karma seems to be. Therefore, it is a quality of posts indicator in my opinion, that increases the more quality posts you make and decreases when you make posts that don't get flagged.

This is my observation, not the official definition.
edit on 23/3/2011 by Longdead33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Longdead33

One way of studying the Karma formula, which I've done in a very desultory way, is to see what happens when newcomers post.

Each new member has a Karma of 20 on their first post. If they receive no stars, the number drops to 10 after their second post, and 1 on their twentieth.

If they have made two posts and received one star, their Karma is 15. And so on.

new topics

top topics

join