It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Earth Made Us ( Mind Blowing BBC Doco )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Saw this Documentary On ABC1 here in Oz and i thought i would share it with you guys this episode is about the earth and is a 5 part Doco. I cant tell you how well done this is in explaining things like plate tectonics and how human civilization evolved to live near or on fault lines. brilliantly done and explains everything in easy to understand language.

one important thing this also addresses if your keen enough to read between the lines is how advanced ancient man was. If you watch the video you might understand what im talking about. Anyway hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.

here are the links to the rest of the parts

part 2

part 3

part 4

part 5

edit on 9-3-2011 by tim3lord because: it just seemed right

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
love BBC docus..i will watch it for sure once at home...10q..i will be back to S&F if you're right XD

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thank you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
There has been something similar recently on TV here.
Wonders of the Universe with Professor Brian Cox.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Actually I was a bit concerned about it. It went on and on throughout the last episode I saw about how the universe would not go on forever, our earth would be scorched by the sun as it turned in on itself etc etc. And while it did say that would be in x million years hence, they seemed to be labouring the point a bit much for my liking.
edit on 9-3-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
not a problem hope you like it.

the first part even goes to the giant crystal caves of mexico if nothing else i suggest you watch that part these things are simply awe inspiring.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

i wouldnt worry too much about the sun going nova. for one nothing on earth would survive so even if you did there would be nobody to talk to. so at least you would be with good company if the planet goes.

second there are far more mundane way to die without the sun going nova. like getting hit by a bus.

try to enjoy the time you have rather than worry about how much time is running out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
dont have time to watch them all right now but will later, looks facinating

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pazuz69

Trust me it's educational. I was blown away by the connection to fault lines and the rise and fall of empires.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by pazuz69

Trust me it's educational. I was blown away by the connection to fault lines and the rise and fall of empires.

I've seen it a while ago here in the UK, it is a good watch.

Have you seen the one the BBC did on the senses yet?

www.youtube.com...

Amazing!! Be prepared to say " No!...No way!!" lol

edit on 9-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

AWESOME!!!! thanks for the link ill get right on it

top topics

join