It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to the Future: International Lunar Decade Proposed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

BOULDER, COLORADO -- Worldwide efforts to explore the Moon with robotic probes and then humans is stimulating interest in establishing an International Lunar Decade. Along with the United States now piecing together its back-to-the-Moon agenda, Europe, Japan, India and China are also aggressively working on their lunar research plans.

An International Lunar Decade (ILD) is being viewed as a vehicle to promote multi-nation space cooperation.

The ILD would be modeled on the International Geophysical Year (IGY) -- a comprehensive and coordinated series of global geophysical research tasks that were carried out between July 1957 and December 1958 in order to let researchers pool their talent, work and insights. Initially 46 countries agreed to participate in the IGY, but by the end of the study, 67 countries had become involved. For the IGY, a variety of scientific tools were used, including the introduction of Earth-circling �artificial satellites� lofted by the Soviet Union and United States.

more

well if all goes well I might life and see mankind heading back to the moon within 10 years
that;s great.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's not great until I've completed my research in Planetary Geology, and thus am elligible to apply to go myself
Until then, CURSE THEM

join