It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most glaring flaws in the Popular Mechanics "debunking" of 9/11?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Logical one

But let's just say for arguments sake it was a controlled demolition........any demolition professional will tell you that there will always be cables, strapping and anchors left over in the rubble........any controlled demolition of such tall buildings would have been littered with these items.
How come there is no evidence of such items in the rubble?

Also to add to this, they didn't even find half the bodies, how do you expect any demolition cables etc., to survive?

Do you actually think before you post?

edit on 3/10/2011 by ANOK because: 911wasaninsidejob

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, sorry....let's not start more unsubstantiated (and non-factual) rumors:

... never found the black boxes either, and those had homing beacons...

The Recorders were lost in the huge pile of debris....likely crushed beyond all recognition.

But, main point is: The only "homing beacons" are water-activated. They ONLY "ping" when submerged.

Adding....however, a lot of the more modern ones do transmit, regardless.....this is a fairly recent development, and AFAIK the units on any of the 9/11 airplanes were not so designed. There are "grandfather clauses" when these types of new regulations are issued, depending on the type of rules. So, older units that still operate normally are "grandfathered" in, rather than requiring an operator to bear the extra cost of completely replacing them, fleet-wide.

AS OF 2004: www.ntsb.gov...

Going to the Wiki article, are some entries about the future of FDRs and CVRs.....and I guess, if more digging is done, can find the regulatory updates as well.....for new installations, new off-the-assembly-line airplanes, etc.
edit on 10 March 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK[/]

I will ignore you now unless you actually have something of substance to add to the discussion.

Like you have made any posts of substance lately!

edit on 10-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

The Recorders were lost in the huge pile of debris....likely crushed beyond all recognition.

Yes along with any evidence of explosives.

Thanx for clarifying my point Weedy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Do you actually think before you post?

edit on 3/10/2011 by ANOK because: 911wasaninsidejob

Errr do you think before you post........flexible cables aren't bodies!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one
Like you have made any posts of substance lately!

Oh dear, you've not been here long enough to read any of my posts, lately.

You have also not even read the two replies to you in this thread. I understand being the new guy in the office you have to impress your work mates but you are just posting nonsense. We've heard it all before mate.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cLOUDDEAD
They don't mention anything about the free fall of WTC 7.

Or that it landed mostly in its own footprint, as evidenced in post collapse pictures that all four outer walls landed on top of the collapsed building as in a classic implosion demolition.

Sometimes, though, a building is surrounded by structures that must be preserved. In this case, the blasters proceed with a true implosion, demolishing the building so that it collapses straight down into its own footprint (the total area at the base of the building). This feat requires such skill that only a handful of demolition companies in the world will attempt it.

Blasters approach each project a little differently, but the basic idea is to think of the building as a collection of separate towers. The blasters set the explosives so that each "tower" falls toward the center of the building, in roughly the same way that they would set the explosives to topple a single structure to the side. When the explosives are detonated in the right order, the toppling towers crash against each other, and all of the rubble collects at the center of the building. Another option is to detonate the columns at the center of the building before the other columns so that the building's sides fall inward.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Not only did it land in its own footprint, the pieces came apart as squares of similiar size.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

My understanding is that they "ping" in any crash circumstance. They are the first priority in any crash investigation, and the ping is triggered by the inertial forces, and/or by being disconnected from the planes electronics.

Here is what WIki has to say...

FDRs are usually located in the rear of the aircraft, typically in the tail. In this position, the entire front of the aircraft is expected to act as a "crush zone" to reduce the shock that reaches the recorder. Also, modern FDRs are typically double wrapped, in strong corrosion-resistant stainless steel or titanium, with high-temperature insulation inside. They are usually bright orange. They are designed to emit a locator beacon for up to 30 days, and can operate immersed to a depth of up to 6,000 meters (20,000 ft).[12][13]

And as somebody else said, if these can be destroyed beyond all recognition, then so can the evidence of demolition.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Errr do you think before you post........flexible cables aren't bodies!

What? You think cables are stronger than human bone? What has being flexible got to do with it?

What happened to the steel floor pans, all 110 of them? Can you explain why they would be crushed into nothing and cables wouldn't? Did they even look for demolition cables? Where demolition cables even used?

No you don't think before you reply, you make assumptions based on BS, you need to learn to question what you're told.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh dear, you've not been here long enough to read any of my posts, lately.

Wow such a veteran of the of the 9/11 topic.......and you can't even get the basics right!

You claimed yesterday that the planes that hit the twin towers hit a "steel wall"!

I rest my case........... now why on Earth would I want to read your backlog of nonsense posts?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

And as somebody else said, if these can be destroyed beyond all recognition, then so can the evidence of demolition.

Not necessarily.........only one black box per plane.........thousands of cables and anchors.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I beg to differ with that. Maybe our ATS fireman can attest to it better than me, but airplanes hitting high-rises is part of contingency planning, and fires that use petrochemical accelerants are common place, and they are familiar, or quickly become familiar with every type of construction technique in their precincts.

First most (99 %) fire start small, not with 9500 gal of jet fuel being blown through the building and ignited

Two most fires are fought - the first line of defense the sprinkler systems were destroyed on impact allowing the
fires to spread unchecked. The aircraft impact destroyed the elevators to the affected floors preventing FF
from reaching the fires (only FF who got close were Orio Palmer/Ron Bucca who reached the 78 floor of South
Tower - moments before building came down). It would taked at minimum 1 1/2 hours to reach fire floor - Palmer
got there in 1/2 the time because found freight elevator to 40th floor.

Third the last line of defense, fireproofing on steelwotk was blown off by impact forces or shower of debris following it. Stripped of fire proofing steel was exposed to heat - it doesnt take lot to cause steel to
begin to deform or creep destroying the structural integrity of the building

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Not only did it land in its own footprint, the pieces came apart as squares of similiar size.

Because they were assembled in that manner - 10 foot floor sections bolted togather in 30 ft (3 story) panels

When building collapsed panels broke at the connections

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Locator beacon works in WATER! WTC if I remeber were on dry land, In additon impact was 1000 ft in the air

AKA HIGH AND DRY.....!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

AS OF 2004: www.ntsb.gov...

The Wiki article is, of course, more recent and is updated continually. Future regulations will require the Recorders to transmit much as ELTs do today. (I really don't see the point....the chances of other similar incidents, to 9/11, are exceedingly small. The Recorders are usually accompanying the crash debris, so adding extra requirements are superfluous).

Underwater, however, the reason is obvious.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

Have we met?

So when the" truthers" were telling everyone it was a missile!.........did you Yankee...say nope that's NO missile impact?

If you did then I'll admit you may not be as dumb as sound!

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was speaking for anyone but me. I am a student of the subject, not a teacher; this thread is not about me and I am not responsible for nor obliged to correct your misconceptions.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you got the idea I was speaking for anyone but me. I am a student of the subject, not a teacher; this thread is not about me and I am not responsible for nor obliged to correct your misconceptions.

That's cool with me.......... but as weedwhaker espouses......your wall breaching kit theory crumbles under scrutiny!

I mean what were the bombers thinking........let's blow a hole in this building but let's not make it look like a a plane hit the building!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That's cool with me.......... but as weedwhaker espouses......your wall breaching kit theory crumbles under scrutiny!

I mean what were the bombers thinking........let's blow a hole in this building but let's not make it look like a a plane hit the building!

I'm sure they weren't concerned about being caught by the authorities, since they likely are the authorities. They certainly have nothing to fear from the likes of you, that's for sure.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Yankee451 because: weren't concerned

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm sure they were about being caught by the authorities, since they likely are the authorities. They certainly have nothing to fear from the likes of you, that's for sure.

Que?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join