It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special US prison units fill with Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Special US prison units fill with Muslims

ca.news.yahoo.com

US federal prisons for the past three years have housed special units filled disproportionately with Muslim inmates whose every communication with the outside world is strictly monitored.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They should consolidate them all. NO, not because they're "easier to take care of" but because the rest of us are less likely to offend their beliefs.

Heck, when the Muslims only eat at night time for that week during Ramadan then look at the money the prison would save!

Yes I realize Muslim is a religion not a race.. However, I do think this will be strictly brown Arabs/Persians/etc
edit on 6-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Heck, when the Muslims only eat at night time for that week during Ramadan then look at the money the prison would save!

How naive..
Many actually have breakfast also, if they eat it before sunrise..

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For some reason I suspect there is something politically incorrect even by my standards about such an idea.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
They should consolidate them all. NO, not because they're "easier to take care of" but because the rest of us are less likely to offend their beliefs.

Yes I realize Muslim is a religion not a race.. However, I do think this will be strictly brown Arabs/Persians/etc
edit on 6-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

I was cell mates with an American whose heritage was Scottish, and he was a Muslim. His father and brother were also Caucasian. So............................................they aren't brown people.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Fracks sake... If you want politically correct... Don't send them to prison... Send them back to their own country.

If they are US Citizens, then deal with it and chuck them in gen pop.

This PC crap is really starting to get on my nerves.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerhouston

second line

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/3/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
there is logic to this. grouping guests with the same dietary, religious and social needs fills a need efficiently.

i remember just a few years ago the only time i read about Muslims was the USA's many black prisoners converting to those beliefs. loud speaking self-appointed 'leaders' use to pop up and pose for the media whenever there was a whiff of black injustice. those guys don't seem to call attention to themselves these days. i guess they got tired of standing up for people, i don't know. something must have changed. maybe they all got high paying jobs that demand all their time and attention. makes me wonder.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The modern version of internment camps.. Hide them in prisons to avoid scrutiny...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Ramadan is a month. Either 29-30 days...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
For terrorists that have committed murders we need a little frontier justice. Hang them in front of their peers and their victims. That would save the state some money. I have no sympathy for a satanic death cult that kills innocents.

Let them make their peace with the devils that they worship.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Help. What am I missing?
I didn't notice anything in the link that spoke about seperating Muslims for dietary, social, or religious reasons. I thought they were in the special units (along with some non-muslims) in order to better control their communications with the outside world. I don't see the problem with that if they can speak with their attorney and spiritual leader.

join