It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS have polls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just a thought, but I think it would be interesting for users or staff to create polls about current events (or old conspiracies) to get a general feel of where ATS stands on issues.

We sort of have polls, like this 911 poll thread but it's not the same as a simple poll where we could click and vote yes/no/etc.

ATS could find software or a program so that threads can include polls, or that our home site would have some or ones designated to particular forums. I know not everyone likes polls, but a lot of threads kind of become one, with people saying what they think and offering their opinion or evidence. By reading through the thread the majority if present becomes clear.

So, yes or no and why, would this be good for ATS?
edit on 5-3-2011 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
no why go to all that trouble to make gathering intel easier?

let the disinfo's sweat for their paychecks

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes.

Sorry. I missed the "why" in my haste. Why? Because it would allow us to gauge membership views of even those too lazy to type two lines. Point and click is soo much easier. And by now... The "info collectors" probably have a good handle on who believes what. (The polls could easily be anonymous...)
edit on 3/5/2011 by Amaterasu because: To add why

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Lets make a poll to see where everyone stands on the issue...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Since we have stars might make sense to include polls...

I think it could be useful. Also for seeing how things change over time.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
At the old guitar forum I used to go to religiously, they had a poll option. It was simple but effective. I'd thought about that once before for ATS but then at the same time, if you go through and read everyone's reply it will give you a good idea of where they stand as well. In my opinion, it's a take it or leave it kind of thing. It would make it quicker to see the majority vote on the topic though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Do I see a new feature for person 2.0?
Maybe fun polls on pics real or cgi?
I would like to see ATS create a wall paper section. Conspiracy wall papers for your desktop. Or even ufo wall papers like the famous X files poster "I want to beleive!".

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

I guess as a member you could start your own poll..
The way I see it is you first have the OP outlining the question you wish to ask..

Then two other quick posts asking yes and no..

Then see which gets the most stars..

Though a poll set up by ATS would be good...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
A poll would also help with all of those "Do you see a ghost in this picture?" type threads and help get rid of one line responses.

Thanks for the opinions, I'm glad to see most people think it's a good idea

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think ATS should have poll dancers!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
I think ATS should have poll dancers!

I want to see them first..
Might be scary..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No, seriously, I think its a good idea to have polls...and the Dutch, French, Spanish even, dare I say it, the Welsh!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Here ya go....

Question: Do you think ATS should conduct polls for members??

Please star one of the following posts, the YES or the NO..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
YES, ATS should conduct polls..

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
NO, ATS should not conduct polls..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but would'nt having polls on here to save everyones oh so precious time and to cut down on the reading and god forbid thinking that everyone would have to do basically go against the whole Purpose of this forum.

I mean we are here to listen, discuss, debate/argue and most importantly LEARN are we not? I mean thats what I'm here for. Simply clicking yes or no to something is lazy and to me contradicts all of this. If I want crappy yes no polls I'll read USA today or watch some good MSM news. They're always good for some yes no polls or nice shiny pie charts................... Please

That is all

P.S. Just so everyone know I starred, stard, stared .... clicked on no above just to play along, only after reading all the other posts and leaving one of my own

edit on 12/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: P.S

edit on 12/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

I mean we are here to listen, discuss, debate/argue and most importantly LEARN are we not? I mean thats what I'm here for. Simply clicking yes or no to something is lazy and to me contradicts all of this. If I want crappy yes no polls I'll read USA today or watch some good MSM news. They're always good for some yes no polls or nice shiny pie charts................... Please

You are right..
How many times do you see a yes/no poll and your answer may be YES but only under certain circumstances ?
Everything is not black and white..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
YES
i thought about making a thread for this
im glad u did
i hope it gets honered

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
Correct me if I'm wrong but would'nt having polls on here to save everyones oh so precious time and to cut down on the reading and god forbid thinking that everyone would have to do basically go against the whole Purpose of this forum.

I agree with most of your post. I was hoping polls would complement the threads and forums, not detract from them. Those users that usually make significant contributions would still do so, and maybe those users that just add a line or two without any substance could just click on the poll. Net result would be fewer posts but each one having more significance. But I still think most people would take the poll and contribute with their post.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Man I'm reviewing all of my posts last night and I was a real sarcastic jack***. Allow me to say I'm sorry. Anywho after seeing your further explanation I could see whee polls may come in handy helping to weed out some garbage but I don't know I still gotta say no.

edit on 12/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join