It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link To Youtube and Risk Being Arrested,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I can see the reasons for this , but as usual the heavy hand took over, HERE

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Absolutely insane. This makes no mention if the video was legally playing copyrighted material or not. Just that it was linked. If I have a friend who has copyrighted music, even legally obtained music, and I listen to it, then I am in violation of the copyright if this is allowed to stand. It would set a very dangerous precedent.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

Care to tell us what the link is..Before we click it.. Thank you, As i'm not in the mood to get arrested today.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321
I can see the reasons for this , but as usual the heavy hand took over, HERE

Not sure what to make of this. In fact... I am a little concerned. I want to sign a petition, and entered my info... And was directed to a 404 message!

Will I now be spammed to the ends of the earth?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Share a YouTube Video? Go to Jail

Ever sent someone a link to a copyrighted YouTube video? Of course: Everybody has. And now the US Government seems to think that means it can put us in prison.

Bryan McCarthy ran a website, channelsurfing.net, that linked to various websites where you could watch online streams of TV shows and sports networks. A couple months ago, the government seized his domain name and just today they arrested him for criminal copyright infringement.

But the government doesn’t even allege he made a copy of anything! Just that his site linked to various sites with copyrighted material. Under that sort of thinking, everyone who’s sent around a link to a copyrighted YouTube video is a criminal.

This is another shocking overreach by the department of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) — a steamship-era department that’s proving once again it doesn’t understand the Internet.

Steve Beckow.com

THAT is what an OP is supposed to look like.

Folks around here don't like clicking on strange links to find out the info. Also, a lot of 'em are too lazy to click on the link ; its always best to include a few paragraphs from an article in the OP to get your point across.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I own every single copyrighted version of this song that was released in the US. This music video contains the same song. But was never released for anyone to purchase. But here it is on youtube.com. I can't listen to another version of music I have legally purchased. You can't either. So NO ONE link to this video. If you do you will all be arrested. As will I.
Furthermore, every single website, Youtube.com, and ATS included, who allow anyone to post or link to copyrighted material for any reason, would be just as guilty.

Remember, DO NOT watch this video under any circumstances.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

So this is illegal? Am I a criminal now?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The case is ridiculous. I've signed the petition.
Nice thread OP, star & flag

top topics

join