It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea party leader: ‘Charlie Sheen is now making more sense than the Speaker of the House’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I found this story either hilarious or scary depending on your views. I understand them wanting to replace House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH). Notice I didn't say I agreed with it. Just said understood it.

"There is no other way to put this," Judson Phillips wrote on the Tea Party Nation's website. "The Tea Party movement should find a candidate to run against John Boehner in 2012 and should set as a goal, to defeat in a primary, the sitting Speaker of the House of Representatives."

Full Story Unfortunately, since I don't have account on the Tea Party site, I can't see or link the original story. Neither could anyone read it who didn't also have an account.

But are they really this far from the mainstream Republican leadership? Their leader is saying Charlie Sheen, who's recent rants have been likened with Mel Gibson's rants from 2006 and another More Recently among others, is making more sense that the Speaker of the House.

More ATS links on Charlie's recent rants: here, here and here.

"Charlie Sheen is now making more sense than John Boehner," Phillips wrote.

Personally, I don't care who you are, you should be entitled to your own opinion. The fact your a major Hollywood film star doesn't mean you should get agreed with or pummeled on more than the other non-stars who rant off.
My thoughts here have to do with the leader of an up and coming political party that's an offshoot of the Republican Party is agreeing more with a supposedly melt downing Hollywood actor than sitting Republican leadership.
Keep in mind here, John Boehner is 2nd in line for the Presidency, preceded only by the Vice President!

edit on 4-3-2011 by webpirate because: Linear thought process

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Nazi Pelosi was so much better. I was so touched by the wisdom she shared with her party members on the massive bill to take over America's health care system. She said "Well, you are going to have to pass it so you can read it."

You know Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were standing up and cheering for the first female speaker's brilliance! Such a respecter of the Repubic, there!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

To clear things up, the Tea Party is not an offshoot political party. You are wrong about that.

Second off, the individual who wrote the piece was obviously being facetious-- he was saying that Boehner is making so little sense that a nutcase like Charlie Sheen seems to be more logical. He was not being serious, he was simply insulting Boehner.

new topics

join