It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama voices 'deep regret' over Afghan civilian deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Obama voices 'deep regret' over Afghan civilian deaths

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama expressed "deep regret" to his Afghan counterpart Hamid Karzai for the deaths of nine civilians killed in a coalition air strike, officials said Thursday.

Karzai says those who died were young children out collecting firewood and has warned that international troops in Afghanistan face "huge problems" if the "daily killing of innocent civilians" does not stop.

During their hour-long conversation via video teleconference Wednesday, Obama and Karzai "agreed that such incidents undermine our shared efforts in fighting terrorism," the White House
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Mmm-Hmm, I'm sure Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is losing all sorts of sleep over it.

Mr., "I'm gonna bring the troops home", and "I'm gonna close down the stain that is Gitmo". How's that working out again?

This guy has been the Military Industrial Complex's wet dream come true. Bush and Cheney must be snickering with delight to see their war mongering invasions of death carry on uninterrupted.

Gotta keep fighting all those dangerous wood-carrying kids and goat farmers! But hey, at least the war machine keeps raking in those dollars!

Libya up next!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-3-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

President Barack Obama expressed "deep regret"

So I'm guessing this was after HE authorized the increase in drone attacks..
What a worthy Peace Prize winner...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I actually stick to AOL and Fox for political views, but if this was Bush???? The mMedia would be pouncing.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

President Barack Obama expressed "deep regret"

So I'm guessing this was after HE authorized the increase in drone attacks..
What a worthy Peace Prize winner...

do you know of any other way to half-ass fight a war.

the alternative is to send an actual troop to engage the enemy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Don't worry Obama, most of your voters are also feeling deep regret.
You were the lesser of 3 evils, that coupled with your lies are the only reason the American people voted for you.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
I actually stick to AOL and Fox for political views, but if this was Bush???? The mMedia would be pouncing.
edit on 3-3-2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

Again, another reason the American People should be asking WHY?

Obama is nothing more than another celebrity...far away from the people he is working for...many are too blinded by their own wants and needs to realize what is going on. He and his constituent in Afghanistan had a discussion on video and came to the conclusion that this action was unhealthy to their "shared" war on terror?? Please tell me how that could be.

The US military is fighting in Afghanistan...I don't see any Afghanistan military "sharing" a terror war in the US. Looks like Obama even has TPTB in Afghanistan bamboozled.

Watch closely...what happens in Afghanistan is practice for controling Amerika when the time comes, should we misbehave. Don't let 'em bamboozle you, people....wake up!
edit on 3-3-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Isn't this also the same Obama that declared that Ghadaffi should leave power?

Such credibility

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
U.S had and has no damn reason to be in afghanistan.. Take your corporate murderers the hell out of afghanistan - and every other country around the world.. Bull# Obama like bush and every other u.s president doesnt give a damn about human life if he did the wars would have ended already..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well at least them troops could identify the enemy rather than just killing innocent women and children..

Or are US troops more worthy of life than ME civilians???

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wish I could meet this idiot so I could sock him right in the nose.
That was me putting it nicely after reading about Manning facing the death penalty.

A broken nose for not shutting gitmo as promised,
For sending more troops off to war not bringing them home,
For digging the deepest financial hole America has ever seen, deeper.
For letting the rights of American's continue to be removed,
And for letting the killing of innocent people continue every day.

A punch just isnt justice enough - RON PAUL 2012, let's see if change really does exist.
edit on 4-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In my opinion ,it should be Bush that would feel deep regret for the Afghan civilians.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by randomname

Well at least them troops could identify the enemy rather than just killing innocent women and children..

Or are US troops more worthy of life than ME civilians???

A true leader fights alongside his troops.

There is something seriously wrong with a leader sitting on his ass in the safety of his capital city half a world away from the battle, while claiming how righteous their wars are.

If there was any legitimacy to the American lead conflicts in Afghanistan or Iraq, then the US leadership would be on the ground fighting too. These are all wars based on politics and economics, run by politicians and the rich elite.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yep-yep.

War has NOTHING to do with "spreading democracy" or freedom. It nearly ALWAYS boils down to one thing:

One ruler or group wants what another one has.

And they always use the "littler people" to aquire those means.

You can bet that if a clause were ever adopted that required every figurehead and leader to serve on the frontline in battle along with the peasants they so eagerly sacrifice, they'd be whistling an entirely different tune in terms of their war lust real quick. As it stands now, they can sit behind cushy desks, detached, thousands of miles away from the carnage they create.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

You can bet that if a clause were ever adopted that required every figurehead and leader to serve on the frontline in battle along with the peasants they so eagerly sacrifice...

There already is, it's called honour.

Back in the day, before we had weapons that one person could use to kill another without looking into their eyes, we had the sword. Knights became kings, and samurai became emperors.

Now what do we have? The US is a militaristic empire, lead by politicians (Obama specifically is a lawyer). I wonder if he has ever killed a man, or has ever felt enough real fear of his adversaries to respect them. My guess is no, because instead of adversaries the US only has enemies now.

Enemies are something you create upon yourself. This is especially apparent when you have a humanly detached leadership directing a military in some emperacist fashion.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, this must be really important.
Cant recall him having an opinion on anything this fast.....kind of telling.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Outside of Bush Senior, NONE of the corporate and bankster installed puppets in the last 4-5 decades have really served in intense combat. They are all pencil pushing bureaucrats serving extremely vested interests.

Buncha armchair quarterbacks and telephone tough-guys directing everyone else to shed blood while they hide in safety.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Outside of Bush Senior, NONE of the corporate and bankster installed puppets in the last 4-5 decades have really served in intense combat. They are all pencil pushing bureaucrats serving extremely vested interests.

Buncha armchair quarterbacks and telephone tough-guys directing everyone else to shed blood while they hide in safety.

Hehehehe now I am not one to take words from another writers work but I might have to borrow that one sometime........ "Buncha armchair quarterbacks and telephone tough-guys" LMAO I swear, you are awesome! I love the way you think!

join